Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 26-03-2019, 09:10 AM
Seeker

Question Is spiritualism really growing?

So far, I've read various so-called spiritualism books, like "The Spirit Book", "The Life Beyond the Veil", "The Road to Immortality", "Spirit Teachings", "Teachings of Silver Birch", "Letters from Julia", etc...
And most of them say, "spiritualism will be widely accepted in the future world, and this will be the new standard for humanity."
But when I see people in my country(which means Japan), most of them, especially younger generations are atheist, and they don't believe anything except science, and they don't believe life after death.

These days, I highly doubt that spiritualism is still growing in this world. Do you know any big spiritual movement which happened after 21st century?
Or do you know any spiritual books(I mean, book of messages from spiritual being) masterpiece which published recently?
For all I know, after "Teachings of Silver Birch"(1938), I haven't heard of any name of great spiritual books.
Old 26-03-2019, 10:39 AM
Master
Hello Shinya,

Welcome to the Forum.

I like to follow the channeled Kryon teachings. There are now 14 books published the last being the Evolution of Humanity.

However I find not all the good stuff are in these books. So I follow the audio messages which get published almost every week.

My view is to really learn things you must put into practice some of the concepts. There is just so much the intellect can grasp without some practical experience to support it.

Japan is a country which has very traditional social norms. The younger generations being atheist would indicate to me a rejection of those norms. Science is indeed making progress. Kryon is very big on science in their teachings. However the material presented is based on a greater spiritual reality. Some thing you would not like if you reject the concept of Intellegent Design.

As to your question, I would say yes. The proof being that this younger generation in your country has moved on from the past and is forging another future. They may not have all the facts correct just yet. That does not matter. Evolution has begun and that is what matters the most as I see these things.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 26-03-2019, 12:27 PM
Master
I don't know of any spiritual movements. I believe spiritually comes from within. I believe spiritually is often a positive byproduct. Just like the reward is the byproduct of hard work and determination. It's common to feel spiritual after an intense positive or negative event. That's why people climb mountains. It's not that they have to. Most do it for the spiritual experience when they reach the top. Even if there only going to be there for a short time that experience lives on forever.
Old 26-03-2019, 02:47 PM
Master

pov & practical suggestion...

こんにちは

As I understand the term “spiritualism”, it pertains to phenomena of the astral realm, often approached as curiosity, is involutionary and therefore regressive. Whereas spirituality proper is evolutionary, and deals with the conscious deliberate acceleration and concentration of spiritual progress and transformation on the physical plane, leading to a divine gnosis and perfection often referred to as, “God-realisation”.

This inalienable birthright of human incarnation is a transformation that requires the utilization of a divine potential that is innate, and therefore available and accessible - but which is veiled and hidden by a conditional ignorance and separative cognition of ego.

Spirituality, spiritual practice, or “Yoga” in whatever legitimate form, is the means by which this transformation is effected.

In our post-Enlightenment and post Age-of-Reason world, where materialism, exclusive rationality, and greed are dominant, and especially where many paradigms and functions of traditional organized religion are fast becoming obsolete and no longer serving the unique evolutionary necessity of many individuals, we find ourselves in a crisis.

The main reason for this crisis, aside from previously mentioned obsolescence, is that consciously aspiring people for various reasons have not yet acquired a viable replacement for what these obsolete forms represent for spiritual understanding, orientation, and practice. As a result, atheism (or more unfortunately a dark cynicism and despair) are often seen as reasonable "cleansing" alternatives for many, often as transitional in lieu of something more inspiring or effective.

Accordingly, there is now a dire need for new vision that will serve to displace and replace - to transcend what once served valid purpose, but now no longer works, no longer is useful for that purpose of spiritual evolution for many in our time.

In that regard, I often recommend the writings of Sri Aurobindo, and in particular,
  • "The Life Divine”,
  • “The Synthesis of Yoga”,
  • “Letters on Yoga”,
  • “Essays…”
All available here for free in PDF form .

I have also reviewed these texts in the book sub-forum of this site.

In my opinion, these represent among the best and most cogent presentations of a much needed vision and understanding of what is not only possible, but what is urgently needed for contemporary spiritual seekers to establish a meaningful understanding of the conditions extant, and the possibilities for spiritual aspiration - both theoretically and conceptually - but also, how to establish a practical access and utilization of these possibilities as a way of life.

I hope this is helpful.

~ J
Old 27-03-2019, 08:49 AM
Seeker

John 32241, hallow, and Jyotir, thank you for your replies.

You guys are right, it looks like there are many things I still don't know.
I think my perspective is still too narrow, so I have to learn more and widen my own inner world.

Thanks again for your advises. :)
Old 27-03-2019, 09:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinya
John 32241, hallow, and Jyotir, thank you for your replies.

You guys are right, it looks like there are many things I still don't know.
I think my perspective is still too narrow, so I have to learn more and widen my own inner world.

Thanks again for your advises. :)
we all grow and learn a little everyday. Enjoy the journey.
Old 27-03-2019, 01:10 PM
Master
I think you mean spirituality, not spiritualism? The latter is a movement that concerns itself with the deceased (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiritualism).

Atheism can mean different things.. some see it as non-belief in god(s), others as non-belief in anything spiritual. I myself don't think it's important that people have beliefs in such things. I'm a believer myself, in many things, but if others don't then good for them I suppose. I only care about what people's impacts are on this world, what deities and afterlife they believe in can be fun to talk about but it remains an individual matter.
Old 27-03-2019, 01:17 PM
Master

People read or listen to someone who says spirituality is growing or will be growing shortly and they think it will happen in their generation.

Not so. There are so many young souls on this planet right now. Those atheists you spoke of are youngish souls.

There are beginning to be aged souls on this planet. The first to mature. Those are the ones you see turning towards spirituality. When the general overall population is older then spirituality will begin to grow. That might be eons from now.
Old 27-03-2019, 01:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
People read or listen to someone who says spirituality is growing or will be growing shortly and they think it will happen in their generation.

Not so. There are so many young souls on this planet right now. Those atheists you spoke of are youngish souls.

There are beginning to be aged souls on this planet. The first to mature. Those are the ones you see turning towards spirituality. When the general overall population is older then spirituality will begin to grow. That might be eons from now.
do you think "like aged souls" cycle through the ages. Like earth being of mostly old souls then after that generation a young soul generation comes to rise so on and so on?
Old 27-03-2019, 04:20 PM
Seeker

>>Altair
"I think you mean spirituality, not spiritualism? The latter is a movement that concerns itself with the deceased (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiritualism)."

I'm a newbie of this forum, so maybe I should have posted this thread to "Spiritualism" section, not here(Spirituality). I feel sorry for that now.
Personally I like the teachings of spiritualism, the movement started from 19th century, to spread knowledge about the truth of the life after death, and I've read many of them so far.
But I'm not a believer of spiritualism or any religion. I just want to know what "the law of God" or "the law of the cosmos" is.

Yeah, I also think that's basically an individual matter. Only the people who want to know about it should learn it. But I often think in this modern age, how we humans are ethically blind compared to our technological advance.
Look at this modern world. I think this 21st century is quite a special era. Human population is skyrocketing, in 1600, it was 0.5 billion, in 1800, it was 1 billion, but in 2019, there are 7.6 billion people.
Also, our civilization had completely changed by automobile, airplane, TV, cellphone, internet, etc...
Now our lifetime is average nearly 80 years thanks to our great medical, and we can go to the other side of the earth just in a half day.

But compared to such tremendous materialistic advancement, our ethic or mentality hasn't evolved at all in the past few centuries.
As I wrote, in my country, science is becoming the absolute religion day by day, and they are becoming more materialistic day by day...it means they are becoming more shallow, and stupider day by day...
They don't believe anything which they can't see because science deny it.

I honestly think this is the crisis for entire humanity. Like all future humans can be atheist or materialist. It means egoism will eventually take this world, and demagogues will take each government and our civilization will fall in the end.

That's why I want to feel some sign from the unseen world, like they are still helping us to enlighten people...
That's why I want to know if there are recently descended(published) genuine spiritual messages or not.

I personally hope, near the future, science will reveal the evidence of our soul and the life after death, and change all people's mind shortly.
But maybe linen53 and hallow's opinion are more far-sighted than me. Our society might not change that easily. It can happen step by step.