Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 14-06-2013, 01:22 PM
Master

Agree we don't have to do anything except follow our true nature, which can include going with the path of least resistance. Maybe a mediator or something might have reached a level where that felt just as good as anything else. I also think our nature includes self-development, self-destruction, and all the mind-made concepts, as people are mental creatures.

I think trying and not following the path of least resistance leads to greater health and well-being for most people. I know, having often followed the default path as well as the alternative. I also see the collective impact of the least-resistance type behaviors on society and the environment.

But even if we destroyed ourselves with our default behavior, the universe and probably also the rest of nature goes onwards. So maybe in some spiritual or eternal sense its all fine. I think that some believe that to a truly fully awakened person, suffering and pain and all the so-called "negative" states of beings are supposed to be no preferable to love, pleasure, etc.

I don't know because I'm not there and I take a more Mahayan Buddhist perspective - what I conceive as awakening includes the desire to continue to improve life and decrease suffering for myself and others.
Old 14-06-2013, 01:45 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
OK----why don't you all try it...just sit and do nothing for just a few hours--no tv' no internet, no books, no music, no distraction of any kind--just sit in the Now........let me know how it went...:-)

I live in a truck. A few hours. Come on thats nothin! Lol
Old 14-06-2013, 02:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
OK----why don't you all try it...just sit and do nothing for just a few hours--no tv' no internet, no books, no music, no distraction of any kind--just sit in the Now........let me know how it went...:-)

Hi Juanita - I thought about this, but my feeling is that it's almost impossible to do nothing. I sat here just now doing what I thought was absolutely nothing and my eyes wondered out the window to look at the view. My looking turned into thinking how beautiful it was outside and the hummingbird was graceful, so that's something. Even when I'm meditating and trying to quiet my mind with my eyes closed, thoughts and feelings still come into my mind. Maybe there are fractions of time that one can slip into a nothingness; I don't seem to have this "do nothing" thing down.

Blackraven
Old 14-06-2013, 03:06 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maguru
What about the 'crashing' part? I think we tend to try and avoid it.
I think we're absolutely terrified of it.
Old 14-06-2013, 10:49 PM
slaga

I tend to agree except for the 'simply' part.
This reminds me of the selfish gene theory. The sole purpose is to replicate DNA, and our bodies and brains are merely vessels to achieve this purpose. It makes sense yet I find it disturbing.
Old 14-06-2013, 11:58 PM
Master
We are all pleasure sponges soaking up pleasure, and that's the way we should be.
Old 15-06-2013, 12:33 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
We are all pleasure sponges soaking up pleasure, and that's the way we should be.

Lol. I believe that is a very honest assesment! That is great!
Old 15-06-2013, 01:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstralJosh
I would like to pose a certain viewpoint that i have been contemplating today in the hope that
you may have a differing point of view, and reasons why, so that a discussion may take place.

"All we are is nature, the same way a flower flowers and a wave peaks, crashes and builds again.

There is nothing for us to do on earth. Nothing. We are simply an advanced expression of nature.
The only thing we need is food to keep our bodies going but apart from that, no spiritual development
is needed, no compassion, journey or obstacles are necessary.

We just simply are."

As far as i know this is a Chinese philosophy (?) which describes nature as an organism that
simply develops for no particular reason, it just is. As i said, if you see flaws in this thinking please
share, likewise if you would like to elaborate on this topic that you resonate with, please also participate.

SN,

Josh

I believe there are a number of Eastern religions who have come to this conclusion, Buddhism is a big one that comes to mind.

It is not my experience for this lifetime however. My wee widdle human brain is incapable of processing what it has experienced much less being able to encapsulate it into a philosophy/theology/religion. It transcends all.

However I can understand and appreciate we sometimes need some walls/definitions/mental constructs to contain the vastness of it all and that is valid too. Put up walls when you need to halt the unfolding, take them down when you feel safe to move beyond rational explanation. It's all Good.
Old 15-06-2013, 02:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
We have created our own story or created a picture of our reality from a blank page or canvas .

At a point one can do nothing and at another one can be doing something .

Whether or not it is something or nothing depends on your story .

x dazzle x

That's a story ^ . The rest of us have a clear perception of when we act volitionally or not.
Old 15-06-2013, 02:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice

That works, until you get a toothache.