Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 28-03-2013, 02:48 PM
Master

Ha - what's challenging for me is my own distorted ego. We are all each other's teachers, those that press our buttons are of service to us.

Back to the thread.

Prayer is always a good one of being egoless service, offering the other person (and the self) to the higher authority so that the greater good of "thy will be done" will transpire. Thy will not mine - so to speak.
Old 28-03-2013, 08:03 PM
Master
I think we get somewhat baffled simply because it's about service to others and for me it's not about that at all. Silent Whisperer, before she left, made a point of talking about the space of connection and I think that that's where the work goes on.

We're not serving another with what we have but just being within any situation that arises and being what we can within that situation and then moving on if that's what occurs. Like even here, within this forum we might read something and something suddenly occurs to us so we write that or we sight back and let quietness be and something may rise from that and it's exactly the same for life... your higher calling will find you.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:03 AM
VesicaPhoenix11

Book1

I think since everyone's relationship with their ego is different, ego-less service would look differently from person to person. I know what it feels like should remain similar - for me its a recognition that my service to others is a part of my path - I didn't pick it, it chose me (okay, okay I did pick it from an eternal level.. *smile*) and my job is to bring that energy through as smoothly as I can - after that its all out of my hands. As it should be.

Humility tends to be a good preventative and a recognition that my perception is limited. By that I mean how can my ego take credit for something if I am following my higher self's directive and if I recognize that I've really done nothing except be true to my nature.

And I guess that is the trick for me, I accept that my service to others is a calling from my higher self and therefore is meant to further my own evolution and spiritual path - in serving others I am served so it all evens out and the ego doesn't have anything to feed on. "I just work here" is one of my favorite mantras - as in anything I have done to help is coming from something greater than myself, I'm just following orders.

It's difficult to explain but I hope something was useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by in progress
I think it would mean not being attached to outcome for one thing. I think it would also mean not seeing another as "broken" and needing to be "fixed". I've heard being of service just means letting your light shine so to speak.

I'd say you are on the right track.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:28 PM
Master

The first and most important thing is motive. One must act with a pure heart, without thought or wish for reward.

Those who perform acts to help others, but like to get their name/picture in the paper, who like to receive adulation and praise, who like to receive financial reward either directly or indirectly, these people are engaging in self-promotion, not Service.
It may be a good act, even with a positive outcome, but the deed is sullied.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 02-04-2013, 12:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
The first and most important thing is motive. One must act with a pure heart, without thought or wish for reward.

Those who perform acts to help others, but like to get their name/picture in the paper, who like to receive adulation and praise, who like to receive financial reward either directly or indirectly, these people are engaging in self-promotion, not Service.
It may be a good act, even with a positive outcome, but the deed is sullied.

Some people are social workers, and of course they get paid; then you get the spiritual ones who take advantage of people's vulnerability for free, and although spiritual egomania likes to think it's being helpful and spouts all this 'so helpful pure intention compassion' styled mush, I don't believe a word of it. It's just a grueling job that does yer head in really, so reward is needed, and that might take various forms.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:22 AM
VesicaPhoenix11

Perhaps the reward of acting out of love and compassion for another human being? Realizing your own potential to act as loving, caring being and assist in the healing of spirit in a world that is in need of healing. It doesn't just benefit the "spiritual egomaniacs" or even just the "vulnerable" people those spiritual egomaniacs take advantage of, its good for everyone when someone acts from a place of nonattachment and true intent.

So, yes, your right, that knowledge is the reward. I dig it though, I've been cynical and jaded before myself and I know it can be impossible to see how people could act in these ways when your perception is skewed that way. I also know when I was that way I was in a bit of pain myself so I'll leave this be. But, I will say there are people out there who do act in this way - and yes, sometimes the ego does get involved and you have to pull in the reins and be aware of your own motivations - its a continuing lesson. But there are suckers out there who actually who actually think that is worthwhile. I know, right.

Be well.

edit: an addendum - You are correct, there are a lot shady people out there who do things for the wrong reason, so I apologize for my knee jerk reaction. Its just always jarring to me when I see someone completely discount the better parts of human nature. But in this world I can understand why. That's all.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by VesicaPhoenix11
Perhaps the reward of acting out of love and compassion for another human being? Realizing your own potential to act as loving, caring being and assist in the healing of spirit in a world that is in need of healing. It doesn't just benefit the "spiritual egomaniacs" or even just the "vulnerable" people those spiritual egomaniacs take advantage of, its good for everyone when someone acts from a place of nonattachment and true intent.

So long as it's all mush people will be agreeable, but in my experience love shouldn't have anything to do with it, its very messy and complicated when it becomes about love.

What is needed is non judgement and a good deal of trust, and all the wooly bulldust about compassion and live and pure intention's and fluffy bunnies is emotionally sensational.

Quote:
So, yes, your right, that knowledge is the reward. I dig it though, I've been cynical and jaded before myself and I know it can be impossible to see how people could act in these ways when your perception is skewed that way. I also know when I was that way I was in a bit of pain myself so I'll leave this be. But, I will say there are people out there who do act in this way - and yes, sometimes the ego does get involved and you have to pull in the reins and be aware of your own motivations - its a continuing lesson. But there are suckers out there who actually who actually think that is worthwhile. I know, right.

Be well.

edit: an addendum - You are correct, there are a lot shady people out there who do things for the wrong reason, so I apologize for my knee jerk reaction. Its just always jarring to me when I see someone completely discount the better parts of human nature. But in this world I can understand why. That's all.

Don't worry, people call me cynical or jaded or skewed all the time, I like watching spiritual loving and kind pure intended compassionate people reduced to name calling, as it kinda illustrates my point quite well.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:37 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Some people are social workers, and of course they get paid; then you get the spiritual ones who take advantage of people's vulnerability for free, and although spiritual egomania likes to think it's being helpful and spouts all this 'so helpful pure intention compassion' styled mush, I don't believe a word of it. It's just a grueling job that does yer head in really, so reward is needed, and that might take various forms.

What greater reward is in there, in Heaven or earth, than having helped a fellow soul along in their time of need? I can think of no greater honour or privilege.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:50 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

It's a job. A job doing good work, yes, but a job that is rewarded with payment.

And yes, those who purport to be spiritual yet use their position, if I may call it that, to gather wealth for themselves, to wallow in the limelight and pick up members of the opposite sex! DISGUSTING behaviour. Total frauds.

'Pure intention compassion styled mush'? Do you have anyone in mind? Without love one won't be ascending very far up the spheres of light. Not very far at all...

Love - Compassion - Service. If ever three words summed up the soul's sacred quest...

Old 02-04-2013, 12:53 PM
Master

And no matter what branch of Service one engages in, one needs to remember always (and be grounded by) the fact that one is a channel, not the Source.