Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 21-04-2019, 06:51 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabrianne
I mean I cant help but notice flaws in this persons approach. as much as neither of us would like to admit
I should not have used the word argue probably

The point being that spirituality is an internal movement. Something between you and the universe. There is really no need to argue it. If there is an impulse to argue, then that might be a sign of a personal insecurity that should be explored as part of your own growth.

The fact that you ran into someone with such an opposing view is a blessing, it helps you to reassess your own views, and find ways to bring them into greater clarity.
Old 22-04-2019, 12:28 AM
Master
Quote:
I recently started talking to this person who happens to be an Atheist.
and they constantly try and convince me that my philosophy is silly.
I felt the prospective of this persons views and its sensible to see how someone who only sticks to the logical side of their brain can dismiss the existence of God

I myself am a theist....

Is my involvment with this person toxic to my personal developement?
How you approach this situation is entirely up to you and tests your own beliefs, convictions and faith in your chosen path.

There are a few ways to approach it;

"Is the fact that I believe in God causing problems for you? kindly let me know if this issue is going to come between us as friends, so I can decide whether or not to continue here".

Then there is fogging... but this can only be done if one's faith is strong:
"Yeah, believing in God is silly and I am silly, but that won't stop me from believing in God".

It takes a lot of inner conviction to superficially agree with someone on the surface, but not to take any of it on board..."yes, you are right...not".

The other thing you can do is to ask them to prove God does NOT exist and all that will happen is them saying "no, you need to prove that He DOES" and again you say "no, you need to prove that he does NOT" and continue this childish game of "did not" and "did to" until either one gets tired/bored... and if you have enough reserves of patience when it comes to pi$$ing off other people, it will usually be your opponent who caves first.

"yeah and do you know what is sillier than someone who believes in God? another trying to convince them that God doesn't exist."

I love arguing with atheists... they end up getting angry, hostile and sweaty under the collar while I sit there as cool as a cucumber just going "is that so?"

My love for God and His love for me allows me to totally detach from all criticism.

It is a lot harder to do this with family, but that is still a work in progress for me and cutting ties is a serious consideration.
Old 22-04-2019, 03:54 AM
Master

Quote:
I recently started talking to this person who happens to be an Atheist.
and they constantly try and convince me that my philosophy is silly.
I felt the prospective of this persons views and its sensible to see how someone who only sticks to the logical side of their brain can dismiss the existence of God

I myself am a theist....

Is my involvement with this person toxic to my personal development?

It is "toxic" only if you are overwhelmed by your emotions as result of that interaction.

I believe such arguments, that try to settle who's right, and who's wrong, through rationalization, are futile, and kind of childish. You can't argument faith: faith that something is, or faith that something isn't. It's just FAITH.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 22-04-2019, 05:45 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
How you approach this situation is entirely up to you and tests your own beliefs, convictions and faith in your chosen path.

There are a few ways to approach it;

"Is the fact that I believe in God causing problems for you? kindly let me know if this issue is going to come between us as friends, so I can decide whether or not to continue here".

Then there is fogging... but this can only be done if one's faith is strong:
"Yeah, believing in God is silly and I am silly, but that won't stop me from believing in God".

It takes a lot of inner conviction to superficially agree with someone on the surface, but not to take any of it on board..."yes, you are right...not".

The other thing you can do is to ask them to prove God does NOT exist and all that will happen is them saying "no, you need to prove that He DOES" and again you say "no, you need to prove that he does NOT" and continue this childish game of "did not" and "did to" until either one gets tired/bored... and if you have enough reserves of patience when it comes to pi$$ing off other people, it will usually be your opponent who caves first.

"yeah and do you know what is sillier than someone who believes in God? another trying to convince them that God doesn't exist."

I love arguing with atheists... they end up getting angry, hostile and sweaty under the collar while I sit there as cool as a cucumber just going "is that so?"

My love for God and His love for me allows me to totally detach from all criticism.

It is a lot harder to do this with family, but that is still a work in progress for me and cutting ties is a serious consideration.

You are funny and sweet, Shivani Devi.

Based on your abilities, I can't imagine you not being able to with your family.

Namaste,

JL
Old 22-04-2019, 05:46 AM
janielee

OP

I can't add anything to the many great responses you've received above; I just wanted to thank you for your honest inquiries and efforts.

Namaste,

JL
Old 22-04-2019, 07:12 AM
Lorelyen

Don't bother. Let him proselyte away. Atheists need to remember theirs is as much a stretch of belief as is yours. If one thing I've learned through development is our paths are unique even if we attach a label to them. He's an -ist, she's a different sort of -ist etc. We're entitled to our beliefs and changing them if necessary which often happens by listening to others, hence the value of any sort of forum.

Our experiences are unique.
Old 22-04-2019, 08:10 AM
Master
The only thing that matters in an argument is that you "win." If you feel like you're losing call him/her a racist, make fun of their mom, call them the devil. Hit below the belt with your words. Anything to get the last word so you could win.
Old 22-04-2019, 09:00 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
The only thing that matters in an argument is that you "win." If you feel like you're losing call him/her a racist, make fun of their mom, call them the devil. Hit below the belt with your words. Anything to get the last word so you could win.
And remember that underneath the Spirituality and the piety that people are still people.
Old 22-04-2019, 09:10 AM
Master
Maybe you're both wrong.
Old 22-04-2019, 09:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
And remember that underneath the Spirituality and the piety that people are still people.

Absolutely. But if they are winning the argument or disagree with my beliefs then they are no longer people anymore. They are monsters.

But yes, spirituality is often a label people give themselves as is atheist. Arguments take place when one or both take the labels too seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Maybe you're both wrong.

Most likely the case.