Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 09-09-2023, 04:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
''Tradition credits Moses as the author of Genesis, as well as the books of Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and most of Deuteronomy;
however, modern scholars, especially from the 19th century onward, place the books' authorship in the
6th and 5th centuries BC, hundreds of years after Moses is supposed to have lived.''
Moses was a real person? That surprises me.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 09-09-2023, 05:18 PM
Molearner

We are reluctant to trust the history of the Bible. The pyramids are thought to be 4,500 years old. The first historical account of them is attributed to Herodotus in 430 B.C………2,000 years later. Should we trust that ? If there was a story that pyramids had existed then and were then destroyed would we believe such a story ? The fact that we do not have proof of something from the ancient past does not prove their non existence. Is poetry or music without meaning or truth if it is not verified by historical truth ? If we learn the details of our past lives should we trust this newly found knowledge ? All questioning on the veracity of the Bible seems to exclude the possibility of inspired knowledge…..yet we attempt to understand our dreams…..
Old 09-09-2023, 05:40 PM
Molearner

Ecclesiastes 1:9…..”there is nothing new under the sun”

“The future is now it is just not evenly distributed”…(sorry I cannot remember the source)

The guys flying the UFO’s…..do they have a history of when they were ancient like we are ? Or is that forgotten to them ?
Old 09-09-2023, 05:49 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
truth any more. But who on earth could have written it? Imagcomplete mystery as to where it came from.
OT(as well as NT) is Gnostic type writings. So, what is written is mixed allegory and true events to express teaching and moral points. Imo, it was inspired by Spirit through mystery school(s), e.g. Melchizedek adept school.
Old 09-09-2023, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Moses was a real person? That surprises me.
And your disbelief does not!
Jesus even spoke with him at his Transfiguration.
Not that that proves anything to a disbeliever, doubter.
(Those are not bad words...just descriptions like a meditator or believer or skeptic.)
Now if we were in Non-duality - we could say you and I and Moses...NONE of us are real people!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-09-2023, 11:36 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval
OT(as well as NT) is Gnostic type writings. So, what is written is mixed allegory and true events to express teaching and moral points. Imo, it was inspired by Spirit through mystery school(s), e.g. Melchizedek adept school.
I would basically agree with this. My one variation would be that being part of a mystery school might not have been a necessary component…..the Spirit having the potential of coming directly. Also we have many fans of Cayce and Padgett that accept their writings being spirit inspired. This same open mindedness could actually be extended to the authors of the Bible IMO…….
Old 10-09-2023, 02:11 AM
Master
It just comes down to archeological evidence. Otherwise it's hard to say. I imagine just because of human nature that there's Chinese whispers and embellishment, and 'inconvenient truths' have been omitted. Generally speaking It's probably an early attempt at preserving history, you know, like the record of kings etc.
Old 10-09-2023, 02:33 AM
Knower
i always look to chime in on something and i would tell you i change positions about these things as time goes by , naturally, and faith has always been a big one but there are just some scholars i listen too that give me a new perspective about chistianity that i never considered and how could i have ever considered anything without reaching further out there so i enjoy listening to people like John Lennox who i know to be a mathematician , philosopher, and christian at Oxford. i think he pulled me back into the fold, here are a couple of his talks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNlC...l=DamarisNorge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXbc...rkCamerononTBN
i dont think the old testament is made up at least i dont feel that way after listening to john lennox putting history ,math , science and his philosophy into sound reasoning on why god does exist! its tireing typing with my one finger so exuse any typing errors as my mobility gsts worse this is what i am stuck with
Old 10-09-2023, 12:05 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by entenmanns
I love this man John Lennox, author, retired Professor of Math at Oxford,
And I loved that he said reading C.S. Lewis'**, ''Mere Christianity'',
was like ''standing under a fire hose of logical thinking.''
I was stunned by Mere Christianity and it's brilliance...and quote from it often. Thank you

** An atheist til his mid 30s

For those more interested in this Christian Mathematician's view on the existence of God related to science
jump to about 8:50. This is a guy who debated Richard Dawkins on stage. Impressive man.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-09-2023, 05:51 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tukaram
The Hebrews were a nomadic tribe, they borrowed stories everywhere they went.

My first thought was something along those lines. The question to me is like asking if all the books in a book store are made up. Some are and some aren't. I would guess some is history, some are tales etc. The bible is not really one book from one source, or even written in one time period. A collection of different writings from different sources and different places and times in history.