Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 19-06-2014, 11:00 AM
Experiencer

Hi Michelle11, I feel pretty similar to you. I know I came to this life with a lot of messy past life stuff, and have a lot of past karma. Even my mother tells me I was troubled as an infant. She could see it in my yes that I had past life troubles I brought here with me. I was depressed as a young kid and filled with unexplainable fears and phobias and anxiety. I actually was obsessed with what would happen to me when I died and every little thing I thought would kill me, I would surely get a terrible disease and die. As I got older I became self loathing and negative in all my thoughts.

A psychic told me I was in this life to finally do the things I wanted. But I always felt I couldn't do anything I wanted. There is too much in the way. I'm filled with indecisions and emotional hang ups. Ive been painfully shy, etc.

But in hindsight things have been clearing themselves. Very gradually. See in my life I've been so held back that I've barely done anything but think and reflect on myself. And that's actually where a ton of the work is getting done.

I've always been raised on the concept of reincarnation. I have flashes and feelings about past lives, but never have regressed or dreamed of them. I realize though I don't think its necessary. If you are patient with yourself, your current life will clear your karma. You don't need to actively remember, though it is one way of doing it.

I really feel the key is being patient. The healing will come to you as long as you keep yourself open to it with the best intentions.
Old 19-06-2014, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea-dove
Past lives will come up for clearing when its time, you cant really rush this stuff, there seems to be right and wrong times for it. A spiritual healer who works on clearing past lives would be the best to see if you really think your dream was over a past life.

You do not even have to remember a past life to have it cleared. The denser energies around it etc can be pull out and removed. Thou many people do remember past lives when healer is working on them in this manner.

I suggest to put more focus on spiritual things rather then trying to gain past life memories by past life regression (even if you did remember a past life clearly, that doesnt necessarily mean that person will be able to clear the energy of it. Some people have ended up quite messed up by getting past life memories before they were truely ready for them.

best wishes

Thanks. My higher is doing a really good job only passing along what I need to know at the time or just bits at a time so I don't get over whelmed. There have been some revelations about myself that have been quite shocking to me and sent me into a bit of a tailspin so I can clearly why we are taking it slow. I do understand that it will only come if it helps me move forward. It was just a very interesting dream to so clearly see that I am stuck because of this. But thanks I will try to look into spiritual healers. Though rest assured I spend a lot of time looking towards the spiritual side of life. It can get in the way of my normal life sometimes. Thanks for posting.
Old 19-06-2014, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisbet
Hi Michelle11, I feel pretty similar to you. I know I came to this life with a lot of messy past life stuff, and have a lot of past karma. Even my mother tells me I was troubled as an infant. She could see it in my yes that I had past life troubles I brought here with me. I was depressed as a young kid and filled with unexplainable fears and phobias and anxiety. I actually was obsessed with what would happen to me when I died and every little thing I thought would kill me, I would surely get a terrible disease and die. As I got older I became self loathing and negative in all my thoughts.

A psychic told me I was in this life to finally do the things I wanted. But I always felt I couldn't do anything I wanted. There is too much in the way. I'm filled with indecisions and emotional hang ups. Ive been painfully shy, etc.

But in hindsight things have been clearing themselves. Very gradually. See in my life I've been so held back that I've barely done anything but think and reflect on myself. And that's actually where a ton of the work is getting done.

I've always been raised on the concept of reincarnation. I have flashes and feelings about past lives, but never have regressed or dreamed of them. I realize though I don't think its necessary. If you are patient with yourself, your current life will clear your karma. You don't need to actively remember, though it is one way of doing it.

I really feel the key is being patient. The healing will come to you as long as you keep yourself open to it with the best intentions.

Thanks Lisbet. I was actually quite surprised but then not to find out facing this was my main goal this life. I had a lot of clues and some clear trigger points but still managed to try and pretend all was fine. I am learning a lot about myself and I know in the end I will liberate myself from these dark feelings I have held towards myself. I don't know that I need to know but it does seem my reactions are way out of proportion to my life situations. And that I have been holding myself back for fear of life and myself for some reason. Time will tell if knowing my past will help heal my today but patience is definitely something I am learning. To take things more slowly and not expect to have myself fixed right now. Well hopefully both of us will be fully past our demons one day. I had a really interesting dream once that there was a fire fighter living in my house. Kind of strange then he tells me he wants to retire which I thought why do that at your age. But he said he wanted to do something more creative with his life. It really struck me that my soul is ready to be past needing to put out emotional fires and get on with being a creative soul. The same may be true for you. I wish you the best. Thanks for sharing your story.
Old 20-06-2014, 02:29 PM
Experiencer

Very interesting dream!

It made me think of the kinds of dreams I have had very prominently in my life. I have a lot of like underground tunnels in my dreams. I'll be trying to get somewhere and everyone else is just going direct, while I somehow slip off course into these tunnels or mazes. That pretty well sums me up anyway.

But I was just thinking about how maybe it's important to face the maze or the tunnel in order to pass through it. If my life is like a labyrinth, then I should explore it instead of banging my fists on the walls in frustration because I can't find my way out. Maybe there is much more value inside of the labyrinth than anyone on the outside could ever imagine. It looks like you are stuck, when really you get an opportunity to explore something magnificant.

At this point I see the "way out" of this endless walled up path differently. There is not an opening to find to get to the other side of it, but once I've explored it, it will lift or perhaps be integrated into me.

I don't know if that makes any sense, but it's where my mind wandered after reading your last post ;)
Old 20-06-2014, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator
That actually makes a lot of sense. You are exploring your subconscious thoughts where few fear to tread. Most don't go deep but you did. Got yourself a bit turned around and probably a bit afraid of getting lost but that is how it goes doesn't it. We are on a continuous path of learning and maybe that is what the dream is saying. You don't need to have this figured out right now, just go exploring and see where it takes you. But try not to fear the process though it sounds like you have worked that out already.

To your point though I have been told often that I chose this, I chose to open myself up to my dark thoughts and feelings towards myself this life. And that through sacrifice much growth and progress can be gained. I actually woke saying that one day after having a really bad day the day before. So though we may get lost and find ourselves upset it is definitely worth liberating ourselves from our past. I really sense that is what is happening. I am finally liberating myself from this dark cloud of very self destructive thinking I have been carrying for way too long. Well I kind of agree if you go with it your tunnel will find you a way forward and out of any and all situations you find yourself in.
Old 20-06-2014, 09:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisbet
Very interesting dream!

I'll be trying to get somewhere and everyone else is just going direct, while I somehow slip off course into these tunnels or mazes. That pretty well sums me up anyway.

But I was just thinking about how maybe it's important to face the maze or the tunnel in order to pass through it. If my life is like a labyrinth, then I should explore it instead of banging my fists on the walls in frustration because I can't find my way out. Maybe there is much more value inside of the labyrinth than anyone on the outside could ever imagine. It looks like you are stuck, when really you get an opportunity to explore something magnificant.

I've had those sorts of situations... yeah you can learn a lot if you just accept it instead of fighting it. One of the most valuable lessons I learned one day was that I kinda liked the situations I was in although initially I was like 'get me outta here!' So maybe if you were an animal you would prefer to be some sort of burrowing animal and just run around in tunnels to your own heart's content
Old 21-06-2014, 07:34 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
That actually makes a lot of sense. You are exploring your subconscious thoughts where few fear to tread. Most don't go deep but you did. Got yourself a bit turned around and probably a bit afraid of getting lost but that is how it goes doesn't it. We are on a continuous path of learning and maybe that is what the dream is saying. You don't need to have this figured out right now, just go exploring and see where it takes you. But try not to fear the process though it sounds like you have worked that out already.

To your point though I have been told often that I chose this, I chose to open myself up to my dark thoughts and feelings towards myself this life. And that through sacrifice much growth and progress can be gained. I actually woke saying that one day after having a really bad day the day before. So though we may get lost and find ourselves upset it is definitely worth liberating ourselves from our past. I really sense that is what is happening. I am finally liberating myself from this dark cloud of very self destructive thinking I have been carrying for way too long. Well I kind of agree if you go with it your tunnel will find you a way forward and out of any and all situations you find yourself in.

I dig that! Opening yourself up to your dark feelings and thoughts to yourself. Really, everything you said there makes a lot of sense. And to think that only through feeling ones own darkness can we draw such a conclusion.

I feel that sense of liberation as well. It takes time to go through it all but eventually you just realize the good it has done you. :)
Old 21-06-2014, 07:35 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
I've had those sorts of situations... yeah you can learn a lot if you just accept it instead of fighting it. One of the most valuable lessons I learned one day was that I kinda liked the situations I was in although initially I was like 'get me outta here!' So maybe if you were an animal you would prefer to be some sort of burrowing animal and just run around in tunnels to your own heart's content

It's true, some animals are naturally made for digging tunnels and perfectly content about it. I should keep that in mind. :)
Old 22-06-2014, 12:37 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
I don't know a lot about past life regression but it appears as though I must start to focus on it more and I am just wanting to hear people's thoughts and impressions on it. I know it is a process that must evolve in its own time but I am just beginning my journey into it and since it appears I have no choice in the matter if I want to progress in my soul journey I want to hear what others have done and experienced, what worked what didn't work, just to get an idea what I am getting myself into. I think mine may be a bit of a wild ride.

FWIW what I gravitated to was just getting stuff out of my environment and seeing how I resonated with it. As an example once when I was young I was in a museum with my parents and I saw an Egyptian mummy that had lost the bones in his lower legs... I 'knew' after a little reflection that that was me in a past life and made up a story about what had happened.... the reason for the missing bones was intriguing but in the end it was just another life where I died ignobly for misbehaving sigh... I don't get day-to-day details that way, just some faint pictures and of course the general trends I'm following... I've also gotten stuff about my PLs from reading fiction and from thinking about places I've been but that is another story

I guess what I'm saying is that people you like hearing about or that you have a mild curiosity about or even that you have an aversion to might give you clues as to where you've been...

But I dunno if that would actually work for anyone other than me sigh.
Old 23-06-2014, 01:47 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
FWIW what I gravitated to was just getting stuff out of my environment and seeing how I resonated with it. As an example once when I was young I was in a museum with my parents and I saw an Egyptian mummy that had lost the bones in his lower legs... I 'knew' after a little reflection that that was me in a past life and made up a story about what had happened.... the reason for the missing bones was intriguing but in the end it was just another life where I died ignobly for misbehaving sigh... I don't get day-to-day details that way, just some faint pictures and of course the general trends I'm following... I've also gotten stuff about my PLs from reading fiction and from thinking about places I've been but that is another story

I guess what I'm saying is that people you like hearing about or that you have a mild curiosity about or even that you have an aversion to might give you clues as to where you've been...

But I dunno if that would actually work for anyone other than me sigh.

I have gotten those kinds of things A sense of knowing that I must have been choked to death in a past life because I have always had an issue with anything touching my neck and if any person comes anywhere near it I want to box their eyes out so kind of an extreme reaction that has to be from my past. As well I am terrified of drowning. I also had a dream where there was a photo wall with a whole bunch of pictures of people and one in particular, a girl who was a drug addict, was of particular importance so I suspect I self destructed in that life but it was interesting to at least get confirmation that I have been a whole lot of people. I guess I can't say I have never been here before. So though I haven't gotten much detail about any of the past lives I have gotten a bit of insight. I guess if it is important they will come about.