Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 02-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Deactivated Account
Glimpses of people

I don't know if anyone else has had an experience like this. I had a spiritual awakening just after Christmas and since then I've been seeing loads of colours, particles, lights and sparks in both my mind's eye and from my physcial eyes. Almost immediately after this awakening I also started seeing what I assume to be spirits in my mind's eye only but they have always been very vague and more like an outline although I catch a glimpse of a piece of clothing or even sometimes their face. I usually see these figures amongst bright lights and colours and it's very hard to make them out.

But in the last couple of nights I've noticed that when I'm just drifting off to sleep I will suddenly see a flash of a person in my mind's eye - and I literally mean seeing the person as clear as day; hair, clothes, face and all. I don't know if it's my mind playing tricks on me or whether my clairvoyance has taken its next step.

The main reason I'm doubting is that during the night I woke up to see an outline of a figure in my mind's eye. While I don't normally see these figures (which I've assumed to be guides as they most often appear in white light) in the dark, I wasn't fazed because I recognised the clothing he was wearing and knew it was a spirit I'd seen before. My ears were humming and my vibration had clearly raised. I tried to go back to sleep but I kept seeing more and more of this person's face, which was beginning to frighten me (I'm not too keen on seeing them close up yet).

Anyway, the point of this is, I finally did go back to sleep but I had really horrific dreams where I kept seeing mens faces while I was lying in bed. The faces were very clear and I didn't like them one bit. In my dream either myself or someone else (its vague now) got a gun and shot them! Obviously this part was a dream but were the faces real or not? When I woke from this I surrounded myself in light white to be on the safe side.

Has anyone else experienced this or have some idea what's happening? I'm not normally scared by the faces I see but I don't normally see them at night as they tend to appear in daytime when white light is easier for my mind's eye to see. I didn't see any white light at all last night.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:45 PM
MYFIGO

Yes... I see faces. It depends on the person I am working with in my healing. Some of the faces are not nice. They can seem angry and threatening. I've learned not to be afraid of them.

Once upon seeing an angry face, I stated, "Now that's a pretty sight!" being sarcastic. The face showed itself to me again but in an improved state.

Another thing that works is to send loving energy to anything like this. If it is positive, you will receive loving energy back.. if it is negative, it will disappear. Fear creates more fear.

I tend to see faces when healing someone who has painful memories. For me, it works best to close each healing session with visualizing a beam of light in the distance and encouraging all unwanted spirits to go into the light. I specify that only guardian angels and spirit guides may remain with me or the person I am healing. A few times, when I have failed to do this, I've been visited by unwanted spirits and had to deal with them separately. While I'm not afraid... it's not particularly nice to be surprised by them during the night. They seem to take on the personality they had in the memory of the person being healed.

If you have more questions or I can help you in any other way, feel free to PM me.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:57 PM
münchen444

Starbuck,

This is the hypnagogic state of sleep whereby hypnagogic hallucinations and sleep paralysis are common. You can Google for more (scientific/medical) information on this, if you like. Many people like to attribute experiences in this state automatically to paranormal causes. However, I think it is wise to look at all potential causes and also at the individual experiencing such before making a determination either way.

I’ve met a lot of people who have seen these images (particularly faces) before drifting off to sleep. Some are indeed very violent. I believe they are almost always courtesy of the above, not paranormal. Anything that I experience in the hypnagogic state (unless it is something that is very obviously personal to me), I assume is a hypnagogic hallucination. If it is personal, that’s when I start looking for other answers.

While the spirit you saw upon waking and these faces you see during the daytime may be paranormal in nature, I would pay no mind to these faces, etc. you see when falling asleep (unless, again, they are immediately recognizable to you). Otherwise, they are, very likely, a product of the hypnagogic sleep state…that is, for all intents and purposes: a scary dream.

I hope I’ve eased your worries on this, a bit, because I know they can be scary. If you want them to go away, like I did, I told myself I would NOT see them before going to bed (which usually worked), but if I did see them, I forced myself awake and told it to stop. You don‘t have to put much effort into this, you‘re just training your brain to not bully you with these images, anymore. They should go away. It’s been years now and I maybe see these faces one time a year upon falling asleep, which I can handle.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:34 PM
Deactivated Account
Thank you both. Yes I'm aware of hypnagogia and the hallucinations that can occur from this. I was wondering if people who see spirit in the form I do start to see glimpses at night as well as the rather vague outlines that I see at other times. I'm very analytical and don't attribute my experiences to spirit without good reason. I did see one once that I know was spirit, but I wasn't sure about these because they occured just after I had seen waking visions of spirit.

Anyhow, thanks for input.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:43 AM
LadyB.

Hi Starbuck,

I believe the lights and sparks are angelic beings they will get brighter and more frequent as your vibrations rise...As we expand our spiritual awareness there are times of confusion and a feeling of being overwhelmed with it all. Think of them as a comfort blanket..A lovely twinkly one.

As for the faces..Yes, I also see them..when I am WIDE AWAKE or falling asleep...Most of them are happy although a few look a bit disgruntled at times..I always say hello and send them love. I have at times 'joined' them Usually when my guide wishes to show me something..(past lives etc)

Hope that help