Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 17-03-2011, 05:13 PM
spirit72

Exclamation Question to everyone...?

Ok I struggle to except that mediums charge for reading... I dont because I don't feel comfortable, but keep being told to charge, as the money completes the energy exchange...?
I dont feel happy about it, because everyone should be able to have readings... But my family and mentor are getting cross with me because I bleed myself dry for nothing, but I don't see it that way...

What do you think...?

How much would you expect to be charged...?
Old 17-03-2011, 05:33 PM
Master
Yeah I have that same issue. When I was giving readings I would do it via email probably back and forth 10 emails taking a lot of my time, and I would only charge 10 bucks. I didn't like to take the money but I had to because I felt it helped the person. If they couldn't afford it was free.
I feel it's up to you. I know one pyschic my mom used go to had a jar, and when she was done with the reading (she was very good) she didn't expect payment but if you wanted to pay she would leave the jar for you to put money in. Whethere you did or didn't or whether it was a buck or a hundred she didn't mind.
Old 17-03-2011, 05:36 PM
Venus

Myself, I don't like to give readings but gave one to a member of this forum for free with good results that are accurate.Charity does not hurt but if you put your whole heart in it we all need to feed ourselves.
Old 17-03-2011, 06:03 PM
LightFilledHeart

I see it as a service like any other. Most of us have had years of training in our craft, and in many instances devote our lives and careers to assisting others with our well honed skills. Should we not be compensated for the service we had trained for and provide? Do we not need to live in the material world like everyone else? Pay our rent? Purchase food and clothing? Put gas in our car? [I do not hold with people who goudge, charging enormous fees for as little as a 15 minute reading, such as Sylvia Brown. That's another issue altogether!]

And there is this, too. Although I charge for my services, it is also quite true that I do a substantial amount of pro bono work, giving my time and assistance without remuneration of any kind to anyone whose who has the need for same but does not possess the resources to pay! So if you're asking me what I think, that pretty well encapsulates it. Having said that, I must add that although I do charge for Reiki attunements, I have never felt comfortable charging for Reiki healing sessions. I have always left that open to whatever the person wishes to give in exchange, IF they can! If not, I simply ask them to pray for me

The bottom line is, if you possess high character, purity of intent, have been well trained in your field and move from your heart, you will always know what is appropriate for you and what is not in terms of whether to charge and if so how much. It may not be what is right for another, of course, for each must determine that for his or herself. We are all individuals and one person's "right" may not be another's
Old 17-03-2011, 09:05 PM
mac

Charge if you need to - don't if you don't.....
Old 17-03-2011, 09:11 PM
MurciƩlago

I like the jar idea spiritlite. I don't charge money for any magic services, I ask to sip their energy abit. Payed in full even if they have no money it works. Im waiting to be yelled at...
Old 17-03-2011, 09:15 PM
mac

magic? shaking head in disbelief....
Old 17-03-2011, 10:27 PM
Enya

I never used to charge, until my spirit friends insisted I did. Even then, I resisted but since they'd previously told me not to charge, I kinda had to trust them... I charge to cover my time, my training (and my donations toward that) and items required for my work. If I didn't, I couldn't afford to do much of anything as my daily wages are stretched thin. Having said that, I've recently dropped the prices because of the recession and I do pro bono work when it feels right to do so. It all balances out.

To find what to charge, you might want to dowse it... that's how I check that I'm not being greedy.
Old 18-03-2011, 01:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit72
Ok I struggle to except that mediums charge for reading... I dont because I don't feel comfortable, but keep being told to charge, as the money completes the energy exchange...?
I dont feel happy about it, because everyone should be able to have readings... But my family and mentor are getting cross with me because I bleed myself dry for nothing, but I don't see it that way...

What do you think...?

How much would you expect to be charged...?

My solution was to accept donations. People can give or not based on what moves them.
Old 18-03-2011, 01:06 AM
tmf

Unhappy readings

The people who need readings the most have no money to pay.