Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 19-02-2016, 09:27 PM
Master
volatility towards mother, menstrual blood everywhere

this one's a bit icky. my parents, neither of whom I speak to in real life, were both in it. my brief conversations with my father were civil and calm but throughout the dream I was just screaming at my mother. this comes up every so often in my dreams, where I'm just utterly volatile towards her, because she's so mean to me and just enrages me so much with the way she treats me. the fights are truly ugly. I just completely lose my head with her.

the other aspect of this dream was that I was on my period (which I am currently), and though I was dressed and didn't have blood on me myself, there were all these piles of clothes all around me, throughout the bathroom and the laundry room and they all just got covered in my menstrual blood somehow. some of the clothes were mine, some were my mother's. it was sort of satisfying to have her things covered in it, but I was also kind of unsettled by it and nervous about her reaction. I wasn't really worried about my stuff for some reason.

Last edited by Clover : 22-02-2016 at 01:52 AM.
Old 20-02-2016, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator
This dream is a pretty clear indication that your parents, especially your mother are the root of your inner discord. Your mother is draining your life energy from you and it is affecting how you see the world and yourself. She has managed to become part of your identity in a draining way. You obviously have a lot of anger towards her and it sounds warranted but it is important to heal it and move past it so you don't continue to bring the hurt into your current world. All three of these dreams are interrelated to how your parents have affected you mentally and emotionally. It's really ok to be angry, to express your anger but it is also important to learn that your parents are not a reflection of you. Our parents do influence who we are and we may even pick up some of their bad habits but we can break the cycle of hurt and repeating negative behaviors by seeing we are not the people we were led to believe we were by people who were misguided in the first place. My father had emotional instability and never taught me good coping skills which led to some personal emotional issues of my own. Seeing it now I am learning that I can be different. Yes my father influenced me in a negative way but that doesn't mean I have to stay that way. So how your parents treated you is not a true reflection of who you are. It is a reflection of their own internal discord. Knowing that and really taking it in will help you break free from their influence over how you move about the world today.
Old 20-02-2016, 05:06 PM
Suspended
In this dream you are owning your feelings you have towards your Mother. You feel satisfied in expressing your feelings.
Old 21-02-2016, 09:14 AM
Guide

femininity conflict.

What you own as yours, you can deal with and it does not bother you.

What you project off on other people, blame, accusations, mirroring, becomes the monster fright and angst.

Often when there's a part of us we don't like, we project it off on 'the shadow'. It seems in this dream (because your clothes are mingled, and it is your blood but not on you just got on the clothes somehow) it is about projecting and the shadow.... something to do with femininity, true female, sexuality, the-mother-in-you, issues with your mother.... something like that.

http://kheper.net/topics/psychology/...he_shadow.html

http://www.humancondition.com/own-your-own-shadow/
Old 21-02-2016, 08:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
This dream is a pretty clear indication that your parents, especially your mother are the root of your inner discord. Your mother is draining your life energy from you and it is affecting how you see the world and yourself. She has managed to become part of your identity in a draining way. You obviously have a lot of anger towards her and it sounds warranted but it is important to heal it and move past it so you don't continue to bring the hurt into your current world. All three of these dreams are interrelated to how your parents have affected you mentally and emotionally. It's really ok to be angry, to express your anger but it is also important to learn that your parents are not a reflection of you. Our parents do influence who we are and we may even pick up some of their bad habits but we can break the cycle of hurt and repeating negative behaviors by seeing we are not the people we were led to believe we were by people who were misguided in the first place. My father had emotional instability and never taught me good coping skills which led to some personal emotional issues of my own. Seeing it now I am learning that I can be different. Yes my father influenced me in a negative way but that doesn't mean I have to stay that way. So how your parents treated you is not a true reflection of who you are. It is a reflection of their own internal discord. Knowing that and really taking it in will help you break free from their influence over how you move about the world today.

you make it sound so simple, but effects my parents had on me throughout my childhood and teenage years have completely ****ed up the way I deal with relationships and I can't seem to change it no matter what I do or how much I understand it. it really blows.
Old 22-02-2016, 01:23 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow.sprinkles
you make it sound so simple, but effects my parents had on me throughout my childhood and teenage years have completely ****ed up the way I deal with relationships and I can't seem to change it no matter what I do or how much I understand it. it really blows.

That is what your dream is expressing. But it's also telling you that if you own your own clothes and take responsibility for your choices, feelings, and actions, there is a way to make it less bothersome to you. the blaming may make you feel better but will not get things cleaned.
Old 22-02-2016, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:

It's not easy by any means. It's logically easy to comprehend but not at all easy to put into practice. It can take a lifetime of work but if you allow yourself to face the pain your parents have caused, you can begin to walk out of it. It will take time and finding the help of a therapist may be useful but it is a process of peeling back the layers so to speak to uncover the hurt so it can be turned around. Especially when it comes to childhood upbringing. We develop learned responses to life and it takes time and effort to change those responses around. In any event, whether or not you seek the help of a professional do try to use your dreams to help you sort things out. I like to ask questions before I go to bed and see what comes up. Your dreams are your gateway to not only your subconscious but also your soul. Your soul can communicate with you all you need to know to heal the hurt and rebuild a new you. Until then just try to be kind to yourself and patient with the process.
Old 22-02-2016, 09:18 PM
Guide
Quote:
this one's a bit icky. my parents, neither of whom I speak to in real life, were both in it. my brief conversations with my father were civil and calm but throughout the dream I was just screaming at my mother. this comes up every so often in my dreams, where I'm just utterly volatile towards her, because she's so mean to me and just enrages me so much with the way she treats me. the fights are truly ugly. I just completely lose my head with her.

the other aspect of this dream was that I was on my period (which I am currently), and though I was dressed and didn't have blood on me myself, there were all these piles of clothes all around me, throughout the bathroom and the laundry room and they all just got covered in my menstrual blood somehow. some of the clothes were mine, some were my mother's. it was sort of satisfying to have her things covered in it, but I was also kind of unsettled by it and nervous about her reaction. I wasn't really worried about my stuff for some reason.

Hi Rainbow Sprinkles, there are some excellent points made in the other posts that are valid to the meaning of this dream. I just want to add an aspect that is yet unaddressed and its importance to the message of the dream.

Clothes symbolize the expression of our personalities and the development of our identities. Clothes also express our development from child to adult, such as a miniskirt or a muscle tee would typically indicate adulthood. The most important symbol that I see in this dream is the menstrual blood. The menstrual blood separates the girls from the women. I get the strong impression that your mother has difficulty with other women. When you became a woman (as symbolized by the blood), she no longer could look at you as a child but as a woman. I get the strong sense that she can not tolerate you as a peer, which is why you were apprehensive about what she would do when she saw the blood on her clothes as well. That apprehension speaks volumes about the tension in the relationship.

Let me give you another example of this dilemma. Have you ever encountered a grown woman who talks like a little girl? Melanie Griffith (Hollywood actress) is a perfect example of this. This behavior typically indicates that she had a parent/caregiver figure who saw other grown women as threats (emotionally). Could have been a male or female parent figure, doesn't matter. So the grown woman learned to prolong her child role by speaking like a child, so as to not threaten that parent figure. It's a shame, as this type of power struggle usually halts the emotional development of the child that must continue to talk like a child, even into adulthood.

The dream is trying to help you understand that your mother can not accept adulthood or her children's adulthood due to her insecurities. Hence, the conflict won't be resolved until your mother chooses to address these old issues of adulthood and authority as it relates to power. This deep rooted issue typically requires professional help. I hope this helps.

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella

Last edited by Sojourner2013 : 22-02-2016 at 11:35 PM.
Old 24-02-2016, 03:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
It's not easy by any means. It's logically easy to comprehend but not at all easy to put into practice. It can take a lifetime of work but if you allow yourself to face the pain your parents have caused, you can begin to walk out of it. It will take time and finding the help of a therapist may be useful but it is a process of peeling back the layers so to speak to uncover the hurt so it can be turned around. Especially when it comes to childhood upbringing. We develop learned responses to life and it takes time and effort to change those responses around. In any event, whether or not you seek the help of a professional do try to use your dreams to help you sort things out. I like to ask questions before I go to bed and see what comes up. Your dreams are your gateway to not only your subconscious but also your soul. Your soul can communicate with you all you need to know to heal the hurt and rebuild a new you. Until then just try to be kind to yourself and patient with the process.

I've been doing EMDR with a counsellor but I only get one more session with her since I can't afford to pay for it. I definitely feel like I've uncovered all the hurts and causations, and have a lot of self awareness, but that alone doesn't help me actually break the patterns in a tangible way in day to day real life. through all my life, all the counsellors, the therapy, the skills courses, the support groups, I've never gotten a handle on actually changing the behaviours that are so ingrained. it's frustrating.
Old 24-02-2016, 03:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner2013
Clothes symbolize the expression of our personalities and the development of our identities. Clothes also express our development from child to adult, such as a miniskirt or a muscle tee would typically indicate adulthood. The most important symbol that I see in this dream is the menstrual blood. The menstrual blood separates the girls from the women. I get the strong impression that your mother has difficulty with other women. When you became a woman (as symbolized by the blood), she no longer could look at you as a child but as a woman. I get the strong sense that she can not tolerate you as a peer, which is why you were apprehensive about what she would do when she saw the blood on her clothes as well. That apprehension speaks volumes about the tension in the relationship.

The dream is trying to help you understand that your mother can not accept adulthood or her children's adulthood due to her insecurities. Hence, the conflict won't be resolved until your mother chooses to address these old issues of adulthood and authority as it relates to power. This deep rooted issue typically requires professional help. I hope this helps.

it's possible. my mother gets alone fine with my oldest sister, who she had at a young age, and then my other sister and me quite a few years later. I've no idea how she is with other women, she never really had friends or anything when I was growing up. I do believe my mother has issues of her own. she's big on the silent treatment and passive aggression. she'd never admit it or get help though.