Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 03-11-2019, 03:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Yes! And this is actually the beginning Lessons of ACIM....
example, "Nothing I see means anything"...(the thing we call a wastebasket ....the door knob...the TV...ha) :)
The first few days of Lessons are surprising powerful in creating the 'mind shift' - talk about forgetting!
Cleaning the slate!
(And it's channeled from Jesus so you know it's gotta be good, lol)

Sorry- A Course In Miracles

Thanks for the inspiring words!

Old 03-11-2019, 05:01 PM
Master

“ Be still silly mind, let the true sun shine forth!

Now let us close our eyes for a few moments. Say to yourself, “I am choiceless, pure awareness. I am effortless, pure awareness. I am choiceless, effortless, pure awareness.” And keep still and watch. Observe. Watch your body disappear, the mind disappear.”

Robert Adams

Old 04-11-2019, 01:45 AM
Master

“ Real happiness comes from realization.

Realization that you are not the body, you're not the mind, you're not your affairs, you're not the world. When you can drop all these things, you'll be very happy. It'll come by itself. Otherwise you'll have a false sense of happiness.”

Robert Adams

Old 04-11-2019, 01:51 AM
Master

“ How to become happy, what do we have to do? Sit by yourself, go deep within yourself, and realize the truth about yourself. Which is: You are not the subject or the object. You are not the seer or the thing seen. You are the witness to all these things. The witness, everything you see. The witness is the witness. You watch, you look, you observe. And yet, you're not the observer, you're not the watcher, you're not the looker.”

Robert Adams

Old 04-11-2019, 01:57 AM
Master

“ You're like a clay pot. A clay pot has space inside of it and outside of it. The space inside is not any different than the space outside. When the clay pot breaks, the space merges with inside and the outside. It’s only one space. So it is with us. Your body is like a clay pot, and it appears you have to go within to find the truth. The outward appears to be within you. The outward is also without you. There's boundless space.

When the body is transcended, it's like a broken clay pot. The Self within you becomes the self outside of you. Always emerges with the Self. As it's always been. The self merges with the Self. Some people call the inner Self the atman. And yet it is called Brahman. When there is no body in the way, the atman and the Brahman become one. They become Brahman, oneness, absolute reality, pure awareness. They become free and liberated.

We don't have to wait until the body dies for this to happen, it can happen to us now. You can become totally free and liberated now, if you will. All you have to do is let go. You let go of everything that's been keeping you in bondage, mentally. Listen to your heart. Observe yourself. Become cognizant of your feelings, your emotions. Is this really you? Are you really your emotions? Are you really your feelings that you 'observe? Where do these feelings come from? Ask yourself: “Who am I? Where do my feelings come from? Where do my thoughts come from? Where does my life come from? Who is playing the game? Who is being alive? Who is growing up, becoming old and dying? Who is playing this game? Who is the I that is playing this game? Who is the I that is playing this game? Who am I?”

Robert Adams (from ‘just the satsangs’)

Old 04-11-2019, 02:09 AM
Master

“There is a way for a person to awaken, and that way is to stop thinking. Stop thinking. He says that sounds good, but how do you do it?

There are three steps to mind control. When the mind becomes quiescent, quiet, still, realization comes all by itself. There is absolutely nothing you have to do to bring it about.

I’m going to give you three steps for mind control:

One, is to stop talking. Stop talking.
Two: have no opinion for or against.
Three: neti-neti, not this, not this.“

Robert Adams (from ‘just the satsangs’)

Old 04-11-2019, 02:31 AM
Master

Well, that about covers the 1300+ pages of ‘just the satsangs’ by Robert Adams.

Thanks to Tara for lighting the lamp and to Miss Hepburn for protecting the flame from being extinguished!

The truth is self existent within but some among us as yet see it not shining
In timeless time with the Divine within we will all feel Love upon gently aligning

Old 04-11-2019, 03:54 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

Well, that about covers the 1300+ pages of ‘just the satsangs’ by Robert Adams.

Thanks to Tara for lighting the lamp and to Miss Hepburn for protecting the flame from being extinguished!

The truth is self existent within but some among us as yet see it not shining
In timeless time with the Divine within we will all feel Love upon gently aligning

I'm most grateful to you....Thanks, dear Unseeking Seeking

Thanks, dear sister Miss Hepburn
Old 04-11-2019, 03:54 AM
Knower
Do not believe and think that if you change conditions that you would be better off. Some people believe that if they didn't work they would be better off. They would be happy and peaceful, blissful. Some people believe that if they had a job that they liked they would be blissful and happy. Everybody believes something else. All of these beliefs are wrong. They're wrong because you are looking to a condition to make you happy. You're looking for an experience to give you peace. You're doing this again because you believe you are a body. There is no condition, there is no experience in this world that can bring you peace and happiness. For peace and happiness are your rightful nature. This is your natural state. It is only when you allow the mind to think that trouble begins.

Robert Adams
Old 04-11-2019, 12:55 PM
Newbie ;)

I'm doing self enquiry as often as possible, as recommended by Robert and Ramana. To whom do the thoughts come? Who am I?
It seems to be effective because there is greater peace and happiness.