Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-04-2011, 08:26 PM
Suspended
Kavon,
Thanks so much for your encouragement! I needed that!
I look forward to what you have to share on this thread. And also, the other thread where you got an idea jogging but then forgot it - that happens to me sometimes too!

TheSphinx,
Thanks for playing along! I love what you wrote... especially,
Quote:
"I think where man has gone awry is by not following his heart in matters of faith and spiritual things."
I was just thinking about a part in the song, "Forever Young" that says, "Never love in vain"... Maybe that's what that commandment (that says not to take God's name in vain) is really about - since God is love.
Quote:
"In conclusion; we all need our teachers in life. But once we have accepted a piece of data from another, we have to assimilate it to ourselves and cast off any jagged edges that might not resonate with our inner being."
Well put! I've noticed a tendency in me & others to want others to think like we do... or try to think like others to fit in.
Deeply connecting & relating with someone is awesome, but that's only when both are honest & allowing each other to be honest. Anyone with an open heart will be influenced by others, but as you suggest, it's spiritually beneficial to consciously decide how much influence is appropriate for who we really are.
Old 25-04-2011, 08:32 PM
Knower
Sphinx and Perspective, that's exactly the sort of thing I've been telling people for years! (well, sort of ranting, but still) My way of saying it was much less eloquent, I never thought of religion needing to fit your inner self and how stuctured religion is like peer pressure. That's actually really enlightening, thank you. I've been building my idea of religion this way since third grade and never knew how to define it except as ever-expanding theories, so this is very helpful.
Old 25-04-2011, 09:52 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfe of Wildwood
Sphinx and Perspective, that's exactly the sort of thing I've been telling people for years! (well, sort of ranting, but still) My way of saying it was much less eloquent, I never thought of religion needing to fit your inner self and how stuctured religion is like peer pressure. That's actually really enlightening, thank you. I've been building my idea of religion this way since third grade and never knew how to define it except as ever-expanding theories, so this is very helpful.

I think I started reshaping my spiritual walk when I was a bout 12 years old. Although I had many layers of fear and darkness to break through. And when I managed to break through one layer, mainstream religion would pour another one upon me. It was a lot of ups and downs, breakthroughs and break downs to finally emerge from that dank and hellish place that men have have encapsulated many a soul in.

And in the end, if there be any truth to the old Christian creeds and belief systems at all... I am sure that God would give all of us who broke free from the mainstream ideology a free and loving pass. For would not God want us to seek him in love and awe, rather than fear and pressure?

Religion is not belief, it is a forced opinion.
Old 25-04-2011, 10:58 PM
Knower
@Sphinx: You really are very eloquent, are you a public speaker or a writer? If not then you should be. :] I agree that today's main stream religion is more of a social definition of what we should believe than what most - even religious practitioners - would believe given the freedom to do so. The problem is people take religion as fact, which it is not, instead of a philosophy, which is closer to the truth. Religion goes beyond everyday thinking, (or is supposed to) so we should go beyond everyday thinking when dealing with it. However most simply take it at face value, thinking less about it than they would about what brand of jeans they bought. This is what many argue is blind faith, and that is why I refuse to follow anything on "blind faith."
Old 26-04-2011, 01:15 AM
Administrator
  Energy from the Metaphysical View

Energy looked at from a Metaphysical point of view one can understand all things are connected In all things that includes what is seen as living and non living. It all relates directly to another. All Universal things give off and take in energy. One can see energy as a touch that one sends out. When we hold something like a rock in our hand we feel that it is there too that rock feel we are there. It is a transfer of energy. That rock has gravity holding it to our hand so there is energy. Thus all things around us project out and take in energies.

There are levels to energies we feel some are very full on direct and other’s are almost not there or taken so for granted that we do not maybe notice it as energy. The biggest thing we fail to most times sense in is Spirit energies or inter dimension energies. One has the “brain” kick in at times and tell us something is not there or not real and we fail to feel deeper on that. One too can be the other way and totally pick up such Spirit energies and even at times Empathic energies from another person or Spirit.

One has at times entered a room I be sure and that entry has not felt good to us. Do we stop to look deeper to why most times NO. We just dismiss that feeling and move on. If we were to STOP and take stock in that moment in time we might well make a contact other wise missed.

One too has I be sure at times had a really rotten day and wondered on why. It might well be energy that is effecting one in a way again one has not STOPPED to look at. This can be physical things like room temperatures of lighting conditions . Often these in a work place be things out of one’s control. Too we are bombarded by the energies of one’s around us but again might well fail to STOP and realize that one. Accepting it just be the way it is. If we take that time to look deeper into that very mood one is in , if one takes in
that time to look deeper one might find the ROOT and be able to FIX one’s very day in day out moods.

If one is to look at the body from the view of Metaphysics one will be dividing said body into sections or centers. For the understanding here I will call them Chakra’s . Points in the body where there are said to be energy wheels that spin and open and close and when one is at one’s best they are in a state of balance. This branches off into forms of healings to bring on this balance or even meditations. When we are in balance in the Chakra’s it is said that we feel better on the physical and mental levels of being.

One early on is educated there be but 5 senses we have. They be Sight, Hearing, Smell, Touch, and Taste. One takes that one step deeper on the Metaphysical plane of thinking to the 6th Sense often seen as a paranormal sense. It is the Third Eye at times sense or that inner voice one has. If we open to hearing and seeing with that sense we might well experience more on the Soul level of being.

One is always able to open to this 6th sense as we all have that in us just that some do not choose in such. Right or wrong NO more one’s personal choice or life path.

There are so many terms that one can use to name energies . Light, Vibrations, Colours, Aura’s, Essence ect. What one does no as fact is that all things share in a common thread. That thread is molecules that make things what they are. So if all things have a molecular core then that might well mean all things are emitting and receiving in energy so all things are connected as ONE. One might look at living things as something that needs something else to maintain that status of being. For man that is FOOD on the very base level. Too as this human creature we be too we need that which his thought to be non living to sustain us the very Earth’s crust. That land we live on as we can not as of yet live in water though we are made up of a lot of it and we need it .

Like the Earth has poles that being Magnetic North and Magnetic South our body to has poles. In the very energy centers or Chakras, we have in us a Crown and at Root. One too is made up of positives and negatives much line the forces of the Universe. There is Light and there is Dark from the Earth’s very rotation around the Sun but too in us there is that Light and Dark. One can be both good and bad all at times in the same moment.

Often to find that place in balance in self we seek out ceremonies or rituals or do certain actions such as prayers or blessings. One seeks at times the company of other’s of like minded feeling or beliefs as that makes one feel in balance. One too often uses tool to bring this energy to us or for us to understand what is going on in one’s life path or certain situations. The Light of a candle has many levels of what it can give forth to us. One is to give us the Light to make NIGHT day so we can get things done, the other is at times in meditations or rituals. One can feel the heat that is energy that we take in. In some moments the heat from but one candle can be enough to save one’s very life in an emergency situation. On the negative side that very flame too can destroy one’s very life.

There too are one’s that use one’s personal energies to work with the great good and help other’s. This is most often in a form of a healing done. One does not have to be face to face or even in any contact with a person to give forth this energy for it to be felt. There is no confines that energy travels in not roads it must run along . It is fluid in its motion. It is in the very acceptance that there is energy that another might well feel its positive effects.

One is but a BLIP on the Universal Map, in that we often feel we have no meaning in that life or that we have nothing of value to project out from us. This is not true as we are all connected on that energy level and if one has had a life existence one has left part of one’s energy in the vastness of the Universe. To some that be a foot print left. What we most often fail to do most times is to STOP and take that minute to understand in what energy is as it is in us. With a thought we can both heal and destroy. What one needs to learn and embrace maybe as man the most is that we are all ONE. We all share in but one common thread…..that be one’s VERY DNA.

Lynn

Old 26-04-2011, 01:18 AM
Administrator
Hello

What is LOVe ?

LOVe is said to be a strong emotional attachment based on affection for another person or animal or item. LOVe too encompasses other areas such as human kindness, and compassion.

We can talk even on LOVe in a Biblical sense in reference to the connection to God and Jesus . To the Devine Unconditional LOVe. The idea that we are all God’s children and in that we are all LOVed by God.

How we use the word LOVe is on many a level. LOVe can refer to a mate in a passionate way or sexual way of understanding. Too the word LOVe can be used when making passions. One can say “ I LOVe YOU” to another person on many levels too, one is in the romantic way the other is in a feeling of friendship in a totally non romantic meaning.

In many ways its easier to say what is NOT LOVe that what is LOVe. What is not LOVe is “hate”, what is not romantic LOVe is “lust”. Though we can have LOVe for a close friend. it’s a feeling that one gets that maybe makes one want to put LOVe at the end of a letter when signing one’s name to it.

There are so many song’s written on LOVe the one that comes fully to mind is “ What the World Needs Now is LOVe Sweet LOVe”

We can too have inspirational LOVe.
That feeling the is deeply in us to create,
Or to do an action that shows LOVe.

One goes to Romeo and Juliette
The Balcony

Lynn

Old 26-04-2011, 01:23 AM
Administrator
Hello

Overview of God as I honestly do not walk that path but I go forth with Universal Light (to many I know that be the Light of God ) I embrace that path with them and for them.

Christianity

Christianity ( Ancient Greek words is “Khnistos” Christ, literally “anointed one”
Christianity is based on the teachings of the Bible and that of Jesus. Jesus is the Son of God, but too much more on a deeper humanity level. Jesus is said to be the “Savior”.

Christians follow the teachings of Jesus for this one has a belief in God, and that Jesus is the Son of God. One follows a path of belief in Jesus dying in the Cross, he from there rose from the dead. Jesus was crucified on the Cross and his body was later removed and was placed in a rock tomb. It was three days later that Jesus rose form the dead.

Jesus’ death on the Cross was a Holy sacrifice that gives man an insight to Sin and shows a path to salvation. Thus in church at times one is offered the blood of Christ ( wine ) and the body of Christ ( Bread ).

Mary is the Mother of Jesus but too she was said to be a virgin. This was made possible by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is known as the Holy Trinity, God the Father, God the Son ( Jesus) and God the Holy Spirit. Jesus was sent from God to be man’s savior, maybe more of a remembrance that we had a teacher. Jesus in making the sacrifice in his death, gave to the Church much teachings.

Lynn
Old 26-04-2011, 01:27 AM
Administrator
Hello

What is Energy Healing ?

Simply put it is holistic therapy that goes to the whole body, Mind (Soul) and Spirit. It is a fast and effective totally natural way to find relief from stress, muscle tensions, some of the glands. It opens the blood flow at times to areas that are in need of more. It works on physical pains especially back and neck. Some take it deeper to work on Cancer and other life illnesses. Too it has been proven VERY effective on sexual malfunction issues where there is no found medical cause.

It is a totally non invasive way to approach a healing as NO HAND’s need touch or the person need not even be there in the physical with the one doing the healing. It is a universal practice and as the energy too is universal time and space does not effect its flow.

What one is accessing is the life force energy that is in all of us and in all things on the Earth Plane and one can too bring in the universal energies. It works on the very Soul level .

Types of energy healings include Reiki, Qi Energy Healing, Therapeutic Touch, (this does not have to be done hand on depending on method used ) , Dolphin Energy Healing, Chios Healing, Angel Healing Touch….and many more.

I do a lot of distance healing and recently I have just taken a workshop on working on the sexual malfunctions that have NO MEDICAL cause to be found. Medial causes common are heart disease , diabetes or even prostate issues. Too abuse of alcohol.

In these cases where illness is known I would ask for some Dr.’s permissions and would follow that one UP. I have done so. If there is no cause a Dr . can find and gives a thumbs up then I have worked with some that have had very LONG TERM nothing and there has been huge successes. Opening the energy channels is all or finding blockages that are there. In one case it was pressure in a lower spine nerve. To have this one’s Dr tell me his patient was truly sent and Angel. I just see it as energy. Too it is noted that one does see the healing to conclusions at times. Again done with the utmost of respects.

Such healing are done with the utmost of respects and its done with energy only. Many times it will go along with touch massage ( again energy only) . Many times stress I all that blocks the blood flow and makes our muscles sore, gives us that head ache. Often its found that where the pain sits is not the site that the pain stems from. A lot of headaches have the source in the tailbone area.

I found that when a Touch Healer worked on me headache she started at me tailbone and I was like why. When I felt it click I instantly felt the headache leave me. I was like OMG as I do have a healed fracture there. The nerves was compressed there.

Many woman in labour will have a touch healer there to ease the pains in delivery as it is done without drugs . I had one with me last child a nurse trained in it. What I felt was a great easing in me neck pains. So that I could concentrate better. I was like I will take any help but Medication.

What an energy healing does best is it gives to the body more of a balanced feeling. When pains and tensions leave the body one feels more confident and is more productive. One too is happier.

The benefits are wonderful. At times it gives one a “life” back that was missing. Gives on the passions of life again.

This too this Touch Healing or Energy Healing is NEVER EVER. EVER a replacement to me for Medically trained Dr’s it is COMPLEMENTRY to the what the Dr. does. I work very closely at times with the Dr. There too is not any GOVERNED License one is yet given. The person getting the healing knows this full well. WE ARE NOT DR’s. in that sense of practice.

Lynn

Having just completed Reiki III and now being a Reiki Master this means way more to me than when I first started to look at healing.

Old 27-04-2011, 09:29 PM
Suspended
Lynn,
YOU ARE AWESOME!
Thanks for your time, thought & love in responding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
...One too often uses tool to bring this energy to us or for us to understand what is going on in one’s life path or certain situations. The Light of a candle has many levels of what it can give forth to us. One is to give us the Light to make NIGHT day so we can get things done, the other is at times in meditations or rituals. One can feel the heat that is energy that we take in. In some moments the heat from but one candle can be enough to save one’s very life in an emergency situation. On the negative side that very flame too can destroy one’s very life...
Good points. It seems to imply a need to be aware of ourselves & where we're out of balance... & to find a creative solution.
The candle made me think of Feng Shui.

Quote:
We can too have inspirational LOVe.
That feeling the is deeply in us to create,
Or to do an action that shows LOVe.

One goes to Romeo and Juliette
The Balcony
Shakespeare!!!
So true! - Love is not just a noun/feeling - but also action!

Quote:
Overview of God as I honestly do not walk that path but I go forth with Universal Light (to many I know that be the Light of God ) I embrace that path with them and for them.
So beautifully, put, Lynn!
I'm trying to learn to respect others views, especially when they're different than mine. Like UnusSupra mentioned, we must learn to put our relationships above beliefs.

I have yet & look forward to reading about energy healing... a topic I'm especially interested in, but I have to go help my kids.
Old 27-04-2011, 09:56 PM
Administrator
Hello

While I know much on Metaphysics as it be a path I have walked since I was 16 and first learned of it....here are some thoughts.

I might well see where the other's take me....in the present time of thoughts.....

What does Metaphysics Mean ?

The word Metaphysics means the philosophy of being, the part concerned with the study of nature of being and beings. It is the examination of the nature of reality, the relationship of Mind, Body and Soul.

Where did Metaphysics Begin ?

The term Metaphysics can be dated to about 300 BC and the works of philosopher Aristotle.

Aristotle was a Greek philosopher, student of Plato and teacher to Alexander the Great. He is one of the most influential founders of Western Philosophy. He was the first to combine the concepts of morality, aesthetics ( which from the Metaphysical point of view deals with the study of sensory or sensori-emotional values), logic, science and being, or of being in the highest degree of abstraction. Aristotle refers to Metaphysics as “ first philosophy”.

Metaphysics asks the questions :
What is space and time ?
How does a thing differ from an idea ?
As humans are we free to decide in our own fates ?
Is there a starting point, or did God truly create it all ?

It can be said that Metaphysics is the base for all Religions to come. Metaphysics path being of the Mind, Body, and Soul, and the blending of Science with Religion.
Metaphysical studies generally seek to explain inherent or universal elements of reality, which are not easily discovered or experienced in our day to day lives. The exploration of the reality that exists beyond the physical World. Metaphysical studies might well include the study of the nature of the human mind, the definition and meaning of existence, or the nature of time and space. The path of understanding “Enlightenment”, “ Paranormal”, “Soul and Spirit”, “Past and Future Lives”, “Dreams and Out of Body Experiences” ( this would include NDE and Astral, Lucid and Precognitive {vision dreams} ), Evolution vs. Creation, Science and Religion, (including the Crafts and Mystical Arts ) , Evolution of the Soul. EXT. Seeking to find TRUTH or physical proofs. Taking the path separate from Religion where one “believes” things to be TRUTH, Metaphysics seeks to find PROOF.

Who Started Philosophy ?

We can only try to answer this question, we can look to Greek Pythagoras ( puh-THA-guh-rus) whose teachings broke into to trains of thought, one being mathematical and science based, the other being Religious and ritualistic. This combined in time we think go on to be Metaphysics .
One has to wonder where the original notion of the
“Meaning of Life” came from. When I think on Metaphysics I am taken to two different cultures one being Egyptian and the other being Mayan. What might well have given the Greek’s the credit was the advancement in “written works”. Aristotle was simply maybe the first to put the questions to paper.

Is Metaphysics a Religion ?

As many Religions today profess to be Metaphysical in nature, many people understand the word Metaphysics to be a Religious sect. This is incorrect. Metaphysics is a doctrine which underlines many Religions, but it also underlines many philosophies, some sciences and much literature. In most dictionaries and encyclopedias Metaphysics is listed as a philosophical doctrine that defines “ all things are part of each other and searches to discover first cause principals.”

There are "MY" thoughts I shared in a Metaphysical Church .

Lynn