Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 28-03-2020, 03:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter light
Yes most everything I've done with chakras has been centered around the heart.

I have also noticed pairs of chakras tend to work in parallel with one another also. Disturbance in 2nd chakra and get a 6th chakra headache. Emotional energy stored in 3rd chakra relating to verbal speech in 5th chakra. All centered around the heart. For observing symbolism of physical and emotional issues. This is in addition to the normal 7 chakra patterns of symbolic interpretation.

After a while I just centered in the heart while watching breathing while maintaining awareness of the whole system. Like a sphere. Has been a very useful model for a long time. I thought it would have ended there. But still it seems every time I get some insight I can reflect it against the symbolism of each of the chakras one by one, each one offering a different perspective. And collectively deeper than just a single system.
Buddha apparently alluded to Chakras as the fire elements. He did not spend much time on the subject.

Buddha did not directly mention chakras but his various mindfulness practices appear to be basic Chakra exercises.

Some Buddhist talk about Chakras whereas other Buddhist do not. I hope this subject does not cause a major rift in Buddhism.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 28-03-2020, 03:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

Yes. One has to stop seeking to see what is 'already'.

This answers everything I might have answered back in a larger context, to jonesboy, so I’m going to move from this point on, in my response to him.

When you understand yourself In this way, your ‘Need and desire’ to make something different to what it is, is less about seeing people as having blockages or lost but being present with what is and what arises then, is it’s own spontaneous process as it will be, in any given situation. In this view their is no ‘determining’ the other is lost, but a mindfulness in your own being what ‘prompts’ you into your own movements and mind deciding all that it does in any interaction. If for example, one stopped doing the same thing over and over to support another in that same way, what might arise if they stopped and just listened instead?

I’m all for supporting others, but if we are not listening to the subtle workings in our own being about why, how and when we do things and open to see and notice more in ourselves, you will see yourself ‘stuck’ right where you perceive another is ‘blocked’.

In this view , it’s not ‘i’ determining what is for another, but what is in me being moved by the external and noticing myself in it first and foremost. When I’m clear, open and aware without my ‘ways’ in place, the way opens itself..
Old 28-03-2020, 03:12 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
I know about the energy of a person from a post. I believe you learned that from me as I am the only one to have ever mentioned it within these threads multiple times. As one progresses along the path one can "know" a lot about others. Not a seeing, or a feeling but a direct knowing.

As one progresses and has truly realized that energy it can be direct shared with others, they are that energy and it is a sharing of oneness. Many things can be done with intent alone.
This seems like either a useful skill or maybe even a siddhi. To be able to see beyond the surface appearances. Though I think it is also important to allow for conscious consent from the other before sharing any insight you may have. To look for clues what the person is ready and really looking to hear. The needs of another may be very different than what you expect. And they need to see from their own perspective. So listening becomes important than sharing thoughts. If someone appears upset, that needs to be respected as a message to retreat rather than to move forward.
Old 28-03-2020, 07:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Pointing out a flaw entails explaining the breakdown in the reason or logic, and not just telling someone that they are wrong.

I does have a lot to do with listening to what people say, because I didn't say it was just listening to someone and being polite.

I didn't say that either.

According to what I was taught, Buddha is not a person, so no one can be, has been or will be a Buddha. Buddha refers to 'the quality of enlightenment' within everyone. The meditation is for the purification of beings, overcoming sorrow, walking the path of truth and the attainment of nirvana. The process is a purification that begins on the surface of the mind and proceeds to the subtlest/deepest levels. By removing the stuff that blocks the channel, the flow moves freely through the animate life form. According to the teaching nirvana is already there, and the path is not to move forward in time and get it the future, but to stay right here and move from the gross to the subtle levels. According to the teaching, 7 years, 6 years, 5,4,3,2 or 1 year; 7 months, 6, 5,4,3,2, 1 or even 1/2 a month or 7 days, "one of two results may be expected: in this very life highest wisdom or, if a substratum of aggregates remains, the stage of non-returner."

This is a crude outline of the principles as I studied them, but the studies themselves are very nuanced and intricate.

As I explained in my previous post, energy experiences are resultant from the practice so we can say they are entailed in 'Buddhism', but it's also important to understand that such experiences are regarded equally with mundane physical experiences due to all experience being impermanent in nature.

Yes. Mindfulness, insight, vipassana is Buddhist meditation and all the Buddhist schools teach this art, as well as the metta meditations which are intricately related. Other schools teach other things, and that can be called Buddhist as well, but mindfulness is common to all the schools. Furthermore, mindfulness is universal in application, and not sectarian in nature.

Being Buddhist or not Buddhist is is irrelevant since meditation us universal.

Of course. I always (well... usually, at least) know what people are saying in context with what is going on with myself. It's not a lesson where I learn stuff. It's more like something that requires close attention. At first attention wavers a lot and you lose track of what you're doing, but with each remembrance, the attention becomes more firmly rooted in the actuality of momentary existence.

' According to what I was taught, Buddha is not a person, so no one can be, has been or will be a Buddha. '

Yes but your School is not Buddhist.
Buddha is a Title and means one who is awake so who is the ' one ' who is awake if not a Person....
Old 28-03-2020, 07:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Buddha apparently alluded to Chakras as the fire elements. He did not spend much time on the subject.

Buddha did not directly mention chakras but his various mindfulness practices appear to be basic Chakra exercises.

Some Buddhist talk about Chakras whereas other Buddhist do not. I hope this subject does not cause a major rift in Buddhism.

'Buddha did not directly mention chakras but his various mindfulness practices appear to be basic Chakra exercises.' ...... Copied from,

https://thezenuniverse.org/chakras-and-buddhism/
Old 28-03-2020, 03:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
Really this only happens on the internet. If your boss or spouse or mother or father or children or other real life friends or relatives were "not following your teachings" would you be as motivated to tell them of their faults? Probably not as you know it would not have a positive impact on your life. But yes online with strangers on a forum one can judge and criticize and judge others with impunity.

im·pu·ni·ty
/imˈpyo͞onədē/
Learn to pronounce
noun
exemption from punishment or freedom from the injurious consequences of an action.

I like your posts as they provide opportunities to respond. Also, "personally directed" judgement and criticism is a good way to see where we are as far as non-attachment to such things, non attachment to this "ego." Judging others or telling others what "they" should be doing is an odd thing when one is not really a teacher with voluntary students asking to hear what one thinks about them. But this is a wonderful place to read opposing views and ponder things.

The whole "who is spiritual" thing to me is about love and kindness. The idea of being advanced "spiritually" and still being aggressive and judgmental is not based on reality to me. It's not that I don't judge you so "I" am spiritual, nor do I be nice or loving to appear "better," no I don't judge because I honestly see no difference between you and I, he or she, me or them. We are all the same, exactly the same, all divine and perfect as we are! Now when I say "I don't" I mean in the collective humanity, not I myself as I might or might not judge depending on what within I am identifying with in any particular moment. But the ideal is to have the realization we are all the same, which is a realization of truth, and if that is present, there can be no judgement of others. One is merely aware of what each perfect "one" is manifesting and projecting in any given moment. One can "go off" on another and seconds later be petting their dog lovingly and smiling.... what is real? What is the person? None of that, but that kernel inside, the me under all this other stuff and noise, that peace and expansive love.

We manifest different things, but under all this surface stuff we are divine and perfect. There is nothing about us to change or improve. Buddhism is just asking us to get off the ride and love. There is nothing to do or achieve or become or experience, nothing at all. We are divine and perfect as we are and so is everyone else. What we do is not what we are. What we think is not what we are. What we are is what we are seeking. When we cease to identify with all we are not, we identify with what we are, and what we are is infinite peace and compassion and love. "It" is always here now in it's totality. We can't add to it or subtract from it. We can ignore it by keeping our attention elsewhere on other things, but it remains as it cannot leave us as it is us.

Will we know it fully or directly in this lifetime? Probably not. But we can tap into it in large or small ways through love. Unconditional love for ourselves and others. We can be aware of delusion, ignorance, negativity, hate and on and on and still love, still perceive the perfect entity under all of this other stuff.

I haven’t mentioned one thing about my path or my tradition.

We are in the Buddhist section so we are talking about Buddhism not my beliefs or yours.

A simple question, if you are not here to discuss Buddhism why are you in this section?

Is it because you have an audience to promote your belief system?
Old 28-03-2020, 03:31 PM
Master
Quote:
These posts #62 to #65 were helpful. Though a lot to digest so just commenting on this section.

I can relate to the Tantra observations. But my methods are different. Based essence of the energy while paying attention to the psychology of my reactions.

Most recently I noticed I could go into Pure Lands spontaneously in a present moment. And would immerse completely into a sudden bliss and forget about my worldly experience. Note that this is also like a communion and the bliss is meaningless without that relationship with those others.

But then I come back, and realize I have returned to a world where there are others who do not know of this experience. And there is a shock of sadness. Knowing that the others here have no understanding of this and it cannot be shared by telling them about it because it makes no sense to them.

The relationship becomes again incomplete. So while in the world I am not very interested in chasing bliss while knowing others are for whatever reason excluded. It is not self denial though. I can go back whenever I wish. It is more like somehow aligning myself to the essence of wherever I am. Knowing that at some level, this is all that matters to me.

So you do a lot of astral stuff?

Also, isn’t this world a pure land?

In your visits is the world as real as this one? Are you feeling, touching, etc just like this world or is it a more observing? Both answers are good btw.
Old 28-03-2020, 03:38 PM
Master
Quote:
This seems like either a useful skill or maybe even a siddhi. To be able to see beyond the surface appearances. Though I think it is also important to allow for conscious consent from the other before sharing any insight you may have. To look for clues what the person is ready and really looking to hear. The needs of another may be very different than what you expect. And they need to see from their own perspective. So listening becomes important than sharing thoughts. If someone appears upset, that needs to be respected as a message to retreat rather than to move forward.

I have learned that many people can get upset with such sharing. Not just the person who has given permission but others who don’t trust or believe in the validity of what you are saying.

One should always ask permission before doing any type of energy work with another.

I on the other hand am always open and no permission needs to be asked. One is free to look or hug me anytime.
Old 28-03-2020, 03:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
'Buddha did not directly mention chakras but his various mindfulness practices appear to be basic Chakra exercises.' ...... Copied from,

https://thezenuniverse.org/chakras-and-buddhism/

One has to remember there has been more than one Buddha and the those Buddha’s have shared additional means.
Old 28-03-2020, 03:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
I have learned that many people can get upset with such sharing. Not just the person who has given permission but others who don’t trust or believe in the validity of what you are saying.

One should always ask permission before doing any type of energy work with another.

I on the other hand am always open and no permission needs to be asked. One is free to look or hug me anytime.

on the other hand am always open and no permission needs to be asked. One is free to look or hug me anytime.[/quote]

That is something I am finding really hard during this ' Lock Down ' not being able to hug anyone outside of the household.