Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old Today, 03:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter light
Yes most everything I've done with chakras has been centered around the heart.

I have also noticed pairs of chakras tend to work in parallel with one another also. Disturbance in 2nd chakra and get a 6th chakra headache. Emotional energy stored in 3rd chakra relating to verbal speech in 5th chakra. All centered around the heart. For observing symbolism of physical and emotional issues. This is in addition to the normal 7 chakra patterns of symbolic interpretation.

After a while I just centered in the heart while watching breathing while maintaining awareness of the whole system. Like a sphere. Has been a very useful model for a long time. I thought it would have ended there. But still it seems every time I get some insight I can reflect it against the symbolism of each of the chakras one by one, each one offering a different perspective. And collectively deeper than just a single system.
Buddha apparently alluded to Chakras as the fire elements. He did not spend much time on the subject.

Buddha did not directly mention chakras but his various mindfulness practices appear to be basic Chakra exercises.

Some Buddhist talk about Chakras whereas other Buddhist do not. I hope this subject does not cause a major rift in Buddhism.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
      Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind
     whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
Old Today, 03:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

Yes. One has to stop seeking to see what is 'already'.

This answers everything I might have answered back in a larger context, to jonesboy, so I’m going to move from this point on, in my response to him.

When you understand yourself In this way, your ‘Need and desire’ to make something different to what it is, is less about seeing people as having blockages or lost but being present with what is and what arises then, is it’s own spontaneous process as it will be, in any given situation. In this view their is no ‘determining’ the other is lost, but a mindfulness in your own being what ‘prompts’ you into your own movements and mind deciding all that it does in any interaction. If for example, one stopped doing the same thing over and over to support another in that same way, what might arise if they stopped and just listened instead?

I’m all for supporting others, but if we are not listening to the subtle workings in our own being about why, how and when we do things and open to see and notice more in ourselves, you will see yourself ‘stuck’ right where you perceive another is ‘blocked’.

In this view , it’s not ‘i’ determining what is for another, but what is in me being moved by the external and noticing myself in it first and foremost. When I’m clear, open and aware without my ‘ways’ in place, the way opens itself..
Old Today, 03:12 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
I know about the energy of a person from a post. I believe you learned that from me as I am the only one to have ever mentioned it within these threads multiple times. As one progresses along the path one can "know" a lot about others. Not a seeing, or a feeling but a direct knowing.

As one progresses and has truly realized that energy it can be direct shared with others, they are that energy and it is a sharing of oneness. Many things can be done with intent alone.
This seems like either a useful skill or maybe even a siddhi. To be able to see beyond the surface appearances. Though I think it is also important to allow for conscious consent from the other before sharing any insight you may have. To look for clues what the person is ready and really looking to hear. The needs of another may be very different than what you expect. And they need to see from their own perspective. So listening becomes important than sharing thoughts. If someone appears upset, that needs to be respected as a message to retreat rather than to move forward.
Old Today, 07:16 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Pointing out a flaw entails explaining the breakdown in the reason or logic, and not just telling someone that they are wrong.

I does have a lot to do with listening to what people say, because I didn't say it was just listening to someone and being polite.

I didn't say that either.

According to what I was taught, Buddha is not a person, so no one can be, has been or will be a Buddha. Buddha refers to 'the quality of enlightenment' within everyone. The meditation is for the purification of beings, overcoming sorrow, walking the path of truth and the attainment of nirvana. The process is a purification that begins on the surface of the mind and proceeds to the subtlest/deepest levels. By removing the stuff that blocks the channel, the flow moves freely through the animate life form. According to the teaching nirvana is already there, and the path is not to move forward in time and get it the future, but to stay right here and move from the gross to the subtle levels. According to the teaching, 7 years, 6 years, 5,4,3,2 or 1 year; 7 months, 6, 5,4,3,2, 1 or even 1/2 a month or 7 days, "one of two results may be expected: in this very life highest wisdom or, if a substratum of aggregates remains, the stage of non-returner."

This is a crude outline of the principles as I studied them, but the studies themselves are very nuanced and intricate.

As I explained in my previous post, energy experiences are resultant from the practice so we can say they are entailed in 'Buddhism', but it's also important to understand that such experiences are regarded equally with mundane physical experiences due to all experience being impermanent in nature.

Yes. Mindfulness, insight, vipassana is Buddhist meditation and all the Buddhist schools teach this art, as well as the metta meditations which are intricately related. Other schools teach other things, and that can be called Buddhist as well, but mindfulness is common to all the schools. Furthermore, mindfulness is universal in application, and not sectarian in nature.

Being Buddhist or not Buddhist is is irrelevant since meditation us universal.

Of course. I always (well... usually, at least) know what people are saying in context with what is going on with myself. It's not a lesson where I learn stuff. It's more like something that requires close attention. At first attention wavers a lot and you lose track of what you're doing, but with each remembrance, the attention becomes more firmly rooted in the actuality of momentary existence.

' According to what I was taught, Buddha is not a person, so no one can be, has been or will be a Buddha. '

Yes but your School is not Buddhist.
Buddha is a Title and means one who is awake so who is the ' one ' who is awake if not a Person....
Old Today, 07:27 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Buddha apparently alluded to Chakras as the fire elements. He did not spend much time on the subject.

Buddha did not directly mention chakras but his various mindfulness practices appear to be basic Chakra exercises.

Some Buddhist talk about Chakras whereas other Buddhist do not. I hope this subject does not cause a major rift in Buddhism.

'Buddha did not directly mention chakras but his various mindfulness practices appear to be basic Chakra exercises.' ...... Copied from,

https://thezenuniverse.org/chakras-and-buddhism/