Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 21-08-2012, 04:29 AM
Rave845

Subconscious thoughs...How long does it take for affirmations to effect them?

Just curious if anyone has had major success with affirmations and training their subconscious mind? They say a lot of what keeps people back are those thoughts we really aren't aware of. If you have used affirmations to reprogram your subconscious mind, how long did it take you to see results? Are there any specific techniques you used? Thanksssss
Old 21-08-2012, 05:27 AM
Knower

I've been experimenting with affirmations for some time now (properly for a bit over a year or so, perhaps?) and I couldn't tell you exactly how long it took to start seeing results, but I do know that now, on the whole, I'm much more positive than I used to be, and I'm starting to become a much more well-rounded and pleasant (I think) human to be around.

If I were you, I'd pick one part of yourself that you'd like to work on, come up with some wholly positive affirmations that you like, and repeat them to yourself, gently (don't force it), as often as you remember. I've heard it said that the best time to use them is as you're drifting off to sleep, and immediately after waking up - I would agree with this, but you can obviously say them much more than that when you have a few spare minutes during the day.

Another method that may help you kick-start this whole procedure is hypnotherapy - There's a whole pile of audio you can buy and download that's designed to help with just about anything you want to work on, just keep in mind that some are probably of better quality than others. There's even some free audio you can listen to at http://www.free-hypno.com/ though I don't know how good it is or isn't.

You probably won't find a quick fix for all of this, but if you do, please let me know :)

Best of luck.
Old 21-08-2012, 09:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rave845
Just curious if anyone has had major success with affirmations and training their subconscious mind? They say a lot of what keeps people back are those thoughts we really aren't aware of. If you have used affirmations to reprogram your subconscious mind, how long did it take you to see results? Are there any specific techniques you used? Thanksssss

Hi,

As I understand these things, the subconscious mind is an equal partner(along with your higher self) in crafting a person's physical life. It is best to work with it that way.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 21-08-2012, 11:20 AM
sunny shine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rave845

Works for me when I really feel it. Just a thought is not as powerful as feeling it with visualization, it has always worked for me.
Ofcourse universe has her own timelines :-)
Old 21-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Guide

As I understand it, the subconscious is tied to the emotional storages of one's karmic record (suppressed emotions which clog up in our meridians). Thus, the stuff that holds us back isn't essentially thoughts, but the energy as emotions created from experiencing the thoughts. In that sense, it's more about a state of feeling a certain way than a state of thinking; although, the suppressed emotional charge will only become present when it's triggered by the conscious mind through a resonating thought. That is to say, the vibration of the emotions inside you will attract unto you thoughts of an equal vibration. So if a thought per se is to be experienced as subconscious, I feel that this can only be true if the thought is automatically repressed from habitual programming...which is easily the case with a lot of the emotions that emerge from one's karmic record, as it is our nature to look away from pain. So if one feels something but is not able to trace the corresponding thought, the thought was automatically repressed the moment it entered the conscious mind, leaving behind only the emotion it triggered.

In that regard, making affirmations can easily become a process of attempting to contradict yourself: it's your word against the emotional charges that exists inside of you, which, honestly, I don't think is going to get anyone very far, unless they are able to somehow process the emotions in this manner.

On that note, the efficiency of any affirmation will also depend on the level of opposing forces. If you're making an affirmation about something that has little or no emotional resistance within you, it's more likely to have an impact. It's a question of which force is stronger, because, in the end, the purpose of an affirmation is to create the emotion of the thought you intend to affirm. So if there already exist an emotional charge within you of the opposite nature of what you're trying to generate, your intention will become overridden by it.
Old 22-08-2012, 09:11 PM
neonjim

If you have any experience with the Silva Method (highly recommended, I've healed myself with it), I've taken their alpha recording (just alpha beats w/o vocals) and, using Audacity, recorded my own voice on 3 different tracks covering multiple topics. Some say your subconscious can only handle one or two suggestions at a time, I don't believe that. I flood mine with affirmations while visualizing various things so my focus isn't on the words, but my thoughts. I've noticed some changes in the last month but still waiting for the "I've won the lottery jackpot" line to kick in. I'll let you know when it does.
Old 25-08-2012, 11:21 PM
Rave845

These are all wonderful responses. It does vary with each person I guess. I like the points about the emotion behind them, which I agree is key. You have to change the emotion behind it in order for other things to change.

Neonjim- I have not heard of Silva Method but it's funny you bring that up because a couple weeks ago I did do recordings of my own voice as if my affirmations had already happened or were happening and I have been listening to them every day. I find this technique interesting and can't wait to see the results. ya, let me know when you win the lottery and I'll let you know when I win also:)
Old 26-08-2012, 06:47 AM
Master

I'm an "old soul" - ie had many incarnations and my emotions are stubbon and resilient - this is interesting reading and I will follow with interest. I have started affirmations and I struggle to believe they will make a difference but my first affirmation is that affirmations work!
Old 26-08-2012, 04:54 PM
neonjim

You're on, Rave, good luck! Just google "Silva Method", you'll find a ton of material.

Belle, I think there are a lot of 'old souls' on this board, the younger ones aren't attracted to stuff like this. I like your first affirmation, hope they work for you.
Old 14-09-2012, 09:11 PM
morning_star222

I believe that it all depends on the person. If you believe an affirmation that you are telling yourself right away, then it won't take long to get into your subconscious, and effectively change your world. If say, you tell yourself you are going to become famous - but don't internally resonate with that belief, then it will be harder for it to enter your subconscious. One of my favourite affirmations that I have just recently began to use is from the Seth Material (by Jane Roberts) and that is:
I am a Worthy, Deserving Person. I have a right to my life in this Universe! I have this right to be because I AM.