Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 13-09-2013, 01:20 AM
Deactivated Account
my experience with being happy

Today I arrived early to my delivery. Just before the gate to go in to the reciever is an area to park. It just so happens there's a Mexican resturaunt. So I parked my truck and walked in. Then I got lucky again and they had menudo. My favorite overall food to eat. Taste good and its the number one healing food for my body. I felt like it must be a special holiday. Lol. Living from truck stop to truck stop. I'm at the mercy of what's available when it comes to food, sleep, and how often I'm able to shower. Certainly took some getting used to. Lol.

But the thing is this. I love being able to drive around and enjoy the beauty of the planet. For me its a love affair worth the discomforts.

But I feel the discomforts are actually a bonus. For example. When I ate the menudo today It was a more pleasant experience than when I use to be able to have it often.

When I'm able to sleep its more pleasant. Simply because I have less time for it. So its nice, and when I can sleep 8 hours its extra special.

Everything in my life can be good enough. Being at the mercy of so much I have learned a great lesson. I'm accepting life as it comes. And as it comes is just fine. I'm very happy and content.

Another thing I feel is a wonderful thing is giving unconditionally. Due to circumstances i give away much more than I did before.

I used to think about what I could do or get with my extra money.

Something really cool I noticed has changed in my mind from being lucky enough to have people who need some help. I'm no longer caring about what I could save up to do or buy. It doesn't seem as possible so now I'm thinking about being excited about unknown experiences. Which is just as or more exciting. The certain things and specific objects to possess is losing its flavor. Its been a lot of fun contemplating this. And interesting to. Living simple has a lot of benefits for me. I'm very happy! And feel like I'm becoming more and more free feeling. Any much more and I may fly away! Lol

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 13-09-2013, 01:35 AM
Deactivated Account
Oh yeah. And man have showers become much more enjoyable when its available. Lol.

I think life is about seeing the light when before I thought it was dark. Its all light except when I'm malfunctioning. Which is okay to. Lol

Wherever I May Roam
Old 13-09-2013, 03:39 AM
primrose

I hear what you're saying. You don't take anything for granted, and appreciate things more.When I walked away from everything in my first marriage, was on my own for a few years, gathering things again. When I remarried, two days after our wedding we sold or gave everything away, bought a motorhome and set out, we travelled to every Province in Canada then across the U.S.through 30
States, stopping where and when we felt like it. We stayed at Truck Stops over night sometimes, and sometimes would get a motel room so we could take a bath as we only had a shower in the RV. It was a wonderful experience. Since then we live with only what we need, and realize that possessions are'nt what's important.
Old 13-09-2013, 05:26 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by primrose
I hear what you're saying. You don't take anything for granted, and appreciate things more.When I walked away from everything in my first marriage, was on my own for a few years, gathering things again. When I remarried, two days after our wedding we sold or gave everything away, bought a motorhome and set out, we travelled to every Province in Canada then across the U.S.through 30
States, stopping where and when we felt like it. We stayed at Truck Stops over night sometimes, and sometimes would get a motel room so we could take a bath as we only had a shower in the RV. It was a wonderful experience. Since then we live with only what we need, and realize that possessions are'nt what's important.

Less is more in my opinion. I sometimes wonder if its all the possessions we think we need that causes so much of the mental illness these days. I love living simple!

Wherever I May Roam
Old 13-09-2013, 05:32 AM
primrose

I love living simple

I do too, it's somehow liberating.
Old 13-09-2013, 06:17 AM
primrose

I meant to add, that Hoarding is a mental illness.
Old 13-09-2013, 10:50 PM
Experiencer

A couple of weeks ago it was a hot day and I drove to a weir, church bells were ringing, the sun was shining and the water was glistening and I just felt so chilled and relaxed it was what I imagined heaven would be like lol

I've always loved being around water . . .
Old 13-09-2013, 11:40 PM
Deactivated Account
Living simply brings more joy into your life because of the freedom and deeper gratitude you experience. I'm happy that you got to eat menudo and can feel your happiness way over here!
I just posted this status on facebook about an hour ago:
Five Simple Rules For Happiness:
1. Free your heart from hatred.
2. Free your mind from worries.
3. Live simply.
4. Give more.
5. Expect less.
Old 14-09-2013, 12:39 AM
primrose

1. Free your heart from hatred.
2. Free your mind from worries.
3. Live simply.