Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 10-09-2013, 08:31 AM
Master

[quote=Yamah]
Lol! That doesn't happen. First of all, 'collapse and cry' isn't an instinctive response in animals and second of all, animals don't have enough foresight or presence of mind to be aware of what 'being led to a kill room' is. Those stories are either pure fiction, or written based on something someone saw and misinterpreted (due to projection of beliefs)
[quote]

1) "Lol! "....

2) That is a statement that will be deeply offensive to many people here.
Animals are sentient, ensouled beings. They are can sense, hear, smell and see what awaits them. And they're terrified.
Life is dear to all. They don't want to have their throat slit, they don't want to die anymore than you or I do.

But they'll have to, just so some hard-hearted, thoughtless individual can chew on a lump of dead flesh or parade around in a ridiculous 'fashion' item.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 10-09-2013, 12:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamah
That sounds like an interesting experiment... I don't think it's real though. I tried finding it through google and turned up a bunch of other articles about junk food rat studies but not that one. Doesn't sound like it makes sense either.

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=cr#...ccarrison+rats

what i wrote above was from memory from 10 years ago and having re-read the bit in the book i think i've correctly represented it.

this from the link as i can't find the book on-line for reading.

Sixty years ago, Sir Robert McCarrison found out just what would have happened to the rat if it had been forced to eat the loaf (white bread) instead of nest in it. He fed 1000 rats on one or the other of two radically different diets for the equivalent of 50 human years. One diet was the typical 1930s diet of the poorest people in Britain -- white bread, margarine, jam, boiled cabbage, potato, sweet tea with a small amount of milk, and cheap tinned meat. The other was the typical diet of the poorest people of northern India -- milk products, legumes, fruit and vegetables, chapattis made from fresh unrefined whole wheat flour, and occasionally eggs and meat.

Not surprisingly, the rats fed the Indian diet lived their full lifespan in the prime of health, rarely dying prematurely, none suffering from illness and producing no dead offspring. The rats fed on the British diet lived a miserable existence -- they didn't grow properly, their coats were dull, they were nervous and had a tendency to bite the hands that fed them. By the third month of life, they were killing and cannibalising each other. Extrapolation from rats to people is always tricky and no one is suggesting that poverty stricken Britons turned to cannibalism in the 1930s. But like the rats, they didn't grow properly and did suffer from poor health.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 10-09-2013, 01:04 PM
Dream Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanalei
So is there any way to tell whether or not the animal was well cared for?

Buy a baby cow, raise it and in good time you have a leather jacket you can vouch for Energy is energy, it is neither bad or good; it is our individual beliefs that charges it. So another way to go about it is to change your perception of energy...
Old 10-09-2013, 04:14 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamah
Lol! That doesn't happen. First of all, 'collapse and cry' isn't an instinctive response in animals and second of all, animals don't have enough foresight or presence of mind to be aware of what 'being led to a kill room' is. Those stories are either pure fiction, or written based on something someone saw and misinterpreted (due to projection of beliefs).

And the response of a typical human being thinking that they're better than everyone and everything else on the planet. Believe it or not, most animals are far more intelligent than the average human. For example, can you sense a natural disaster before it occurs? Certainly not to the extent that animals can.

Great post, knightofalbion!
Old 10-09-2013, 07:34 PM
Yamah

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
Animals are sentient, ensouled beings. They are can sense, hear, smell and see what awaits them. And they're terrified.
Life is dear to all. They don't want to have their throat slit, they don't want to die anymore than you or I do.
Quote:
And the response of a typical human being thinking that they're better than everyone and everything else on the planet. Believe it or not, most animals are far more intelligent than the average human. For example, can you sense a natural disaster before it occurs? Certainly not to the extent that animals can.

I understand being kind and merciful to animals, that makes sense, but not because they are our intellectual equals.

vecta3: Thanks for the quote from the study. That makes sense now. Interesting study.

Edited by SF Staff--
Old 11-09-2013, 12:39 PM
dreamt

Quote:
But anyway, I wouldn't think that's something the manufacturer would tell you. No matter how well or poorly the animals are raised, the answer would always be something along the lines of, "Of course they're raised well!" I just don't know how you could tell with clothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
Most clothing these days is imported from the Far East where animal welfare is appalling.

With certain types of leather live-skinning is commonplace...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...creatures.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...obsession.html
I think there should be a certification, or whatever the process is that determines quality of something, to say it was ethically produced. It could be similar to the Fair Trade mark, or Certified Organic etc.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:32 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamt
I think there should be a certification, or whatever the process is that determines quality of something, to say it was ethically produced. It could be similar to the Fair Trade mark, or Certified Organic etc.

There really should be!
Old 15-09-2013, 01:00 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Librarian
Buy a baby cow, raise it and in good time you have a leather jacket you can vouch for Energy is energy, it is neither bad or good; it is our individual beliefs that charges it. So another way to go about it is to change your perception of energy...

I don't disrespect what you say, as there is some truth in that.
But essentially, energy which envelops any item is not necessarily created by "beliefs". Any item or object can be 'ensouled' (for want of a better word) by association with strong emotion or another's energy-pattern, especially if profound, or repeated. This is the basic principle on which psychometry works.
Profound terror, continuous suffering or ill-treatment will carry a vibratory pattern which will reside to some extent in the object.