Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 30-04-2014, 01:27 PM
Sarah456

Just curious...

Hey guys! I was reading up on Hinduism and wanted to know a few things. I just made them into a few questions. Thanks for your time!

What is the origin of the universe and man?

What is the purpose of mankind?

What is satisfaction and how do I obtain it?

Why do bad things happen to good people?/why is there evil in the world?

What happens when I fail and how do I make things right?

What is right and wrong? (Is moral truth absolute or relative?)

Is there a universal moral law? (Does everyone know the difference between right and wrong?)

What happens at death?

Thanks again guys!
Old 30-04-2014, 04:17 PM
kumarjitghoshal

Hello Sarah :)

nice questions ... :) , the origin of questions are from rational point of view as your experience of life.As i will try to answer these ... they will be from my experience of life and both experiences are different as they designed to be so .... so here you go question by question :)

Universe and Man is simple Universe as a whole , Man is no different than other parts of creation . Now what you want to know the origin of Universe ...is may be just another story .Ah! well there will be many such stories ... we have different Puranas and so many ways in Hinduism to express the origin of creation .... they are similar with a bit of change in different traditions ... but after all they are stories like other religions have :).
The philosophy of Vedanta , the core thoughts of Sanathan Dharma (today Hinduism) says a bit different thing which is more practical to me than stories.
There is no Universe , hence there is no origin and end too :) .... its whole consciousness that all is , fragmented through our limited perception.Our senses are naturally out bound and we always try to seek reasons behind everything we perceive , but we fail to understand that what we say "every OTHER thing" is just a part of me as a whole consciousness , this is called Maya , the illusion.

the purpose of mankind is to connect ourselves with our true being , the supreme consciousness to "Know" and to "be" the TRUTH.

Once we know our true self , then only we could know we have nothing to gain , nothing to loose , no birth , no death , no joy , no sorrow , Its ME, just splat over everywhere.
There is satisfaction , and it can be obtain by knowing self.

I am not the mind, the intellect, the ego or the memory,
I am not the ears, the skin, the nose or the eyes,
I am not space, not earth, not fire, water or wind,
I am the form of consciousness and bliss,
I am the eternal Shiva…

I am not the breath, nor the five elements,
I am not matter, nor the 5 sheaths of conciousness
Nor am I the speech, the hands, or the feet,
I am the eternal Shiva…

There is no like or dislike in me, no greed or delusion,
I know not pride or jealousy,
I have no duty, no desire for wealth, lust or liberation,
I am the eternal Shiva…

No virtue or vice, no pleasure or pain,
I need no mantras, no pilgrimage, no scriptures or rituals,
I am not the experienced, nor the experience itself,
I am the eternal Shiva…

I have no fear of death, no caste or creed,
I have no father, no mother, for I was never born,
I am not a relative, nor a friend, nor a teacher nor a student,
I am the eternal Shiva…

I am devoid of duality, my form is formlessness,
I exist everywhere, pervading all senses,
I am neither attached, neither free nor captive,
I am the form of conciousness and bliss,
I am the eternal Shiva…

This is Nirvana Shatakam .... When Acharyya Shankara was searching for his Guru in Himalayas , and Guru Govinda Bhagavatpada met this 8 year old disciple , he asked Shankara "who are you?" and this was Shankaracharyya's Answer.You will find many answer to many of your questions.

There is no evil or no bad things happens to any good people :) .... no i am not joking ..... what we get in return is what we deserve.because ... this is whole me .... if i show anger to someone (myself ) .... i will experience that someday for sure. Simply put ... the law of Karma .... Still If you know how to keep yourself pleasant within, irrespective of what is happening around you, Ultimate Liberation cannot be denied to you.

the answer is right above ... :) ... If you know how to keep yourself pleasant within, irrespective of what is happening around you, Ultimate Liberation cannot be denied to you.
you can always start over.

There is no right or wrong ... all are determined by systems of a particular society ..... something might be wrong and right in my society and your society at the same time. Variables are not spirituality ...and truth.

Is there a universal moral law? (Does everyone know the difference between right and wrong?)

if you know there is no one except you ... all is your own reflection ...can you hurt anyone ..... realization of self is the one and only way to fix all things up.

What happens at death?

another start over ....till realization.... What is what we call Nirvana , Moksha ... Salvation.

had short time .... if anything needs clarification , please let me know ... i will come here after 3 days :)

Om Namaha Shivaya
Old 01-05-2014, 01:28 PM
Sarah456

That covers all I wanted to know! Thank you very much!
Old 02-05-2014, 08:59 PM
Master
Well said kumar
Old 03-05-2014, 01:07 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah456
Hey guys! I was reading up on Hinduism and wanted to know a few things. I just made them into a few questions. Thanks for your time!

What happens at death?

Thanks again guys!

Hinduism has a variety of schools and you will get varying answers if you ask 10 people, especially if they are from different schools. So my answers may be slightly different than Kumar's.

1. The universe is an extension of God, who is uncreated. It's better described as an emanation.

2. We're here for nirvikalpa samadhi, or Self-Realisation. Moksha is a natural outcome of that.

3. True 'satisfaction' is only attainable by #2 above. But in day to day routine we can feel satisfied just bey behaving dharmically.

4,5,6. karma, as per what Kumar said

7. Yes we have moral guidelines, as most well defined in the Yamas and Niyamas. Sometimes oversimplification leads to the idea that in Hinduism you can do whatever you want. In a sense that's true, but you will suffer karmic consequences. So we do have guidelines. It's a common mistake to 'jump ahead' of the game. Yamas and Niyamas are the prerequisites to any spiritual practice, the base, the foundation.

8. The physical body gets dropped off, the individual soul continues on in another body eventually.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:37 PM
Master
im with vinayaka too
Old 05-05-2014, 02:36 PM
kumarjitghoshal

Yes , as Vinayaka said Yamas and Niyamas are Hindu's moral guideline and foundation of liberation , it is what makes Hinduism a way of living rather than a religion.
Old 21-06-2014, 08:18 AM
Karny13

Ok i guess i can ask a few questions here, do get rid of mu doubts !