Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 03-12-2015, 10:11 PM
Newbie ;)

scared of dying

As I'm getting older now death is becoming more of a reality. Wish I had more proof of life after death, thaqt would help.

Namaste, Barb
Old 03-12-2015, 11:09 PM
Super Moderator
Barb, I promise you there is an existence after the death of the body.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:28 PM
Master
Not really, never have been.

However, the way I die, had been a bone of contention in my brain for a long time until I finally trusted in the knowledge that if I continue on my path, I will pass away peacefully in my sleep, whenever I feel it is time.

the body may perish yes, but your soul, will survive. I have no real proof of this, but I just know it's true. One of those things.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:44 PM
Experiencer

I am terrified of dying, I worry it might be progressively more painful and slow.

I don't give a monkeys about being dead though.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:20 AM
Newbie ;)

I'm very afraid of "Transitions" as i like to call them. of course life does not work without transitions and so I have to endure that once entering the afterlife.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:17 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker
I didn't use to be afraid of dying, of what it would be like after death ... just afraid of how I would die, if it would be drawn out and/or painful. But since an incident this last Spring when I really thought I was dying I have become very frightened of dying and how things will be afterwards. I have begun to think that there is, in fact a Hell, a Purgatory. I try not to think about it because it gives me a panic attack. The inevitability of death feels suffocating to me. I can't understand why my thinking has changed so dramatically.

To the person who asked why dying is painful: think how difficult it is to establish yourself in a body and get yourself born! Death is the reverse of this, in a sense. You spend decades establishing yourself in a physical body, of course it will be quite a struggle(for a lot of people), to detach yourself and leave the body behind.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:32 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by enough
I didn't use to be afraid of dying, of what it would be like after death ... just afraid of how I would die, if it would be drawn out and/or painful. But since an incident this last Spring when I really thought I was dying I have become very frightened of dying and how things will be afterwards. I have begun to think that there is, in fact a Hell, a Purgatory. I try not to think about it because it gives me a panic attack. The inevitability of death feels suffocating to me. I can't understand why my thinking has changed so dramatically.

To the person who asked why dying is painful: think how difficult it is to establish yourself in a body and get yourself born! Death is the reverse of this, in a sense. You spend decades establishing yourself in a physical body, of course it will be quite a struggle(for a lot of people), to detach yourself and leave the body behind.

If you read a good amount of Near-Death Experience (NDE) literature there are really many accounts from individuals reporting that the actual 'death' process was not difficult on them at all - however it was their experience of returning to their physical bodies that was the hard part... So many of these individuals who have experienced NDE's report that they have since shed any fear of 'death' upon returning... You may benefit from researching thanatology & NDE's if you feel you are ready to... Consider it....

Old 11-12-2015, 11:01 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
If you read a good amount of Near-Death Experience (NDE) literature there are really many accounts from individuals reporting that the actual 'death' process was not difficult on them at all - however it was their experience of returning to their physical bodies that was the hard part... So many of these individuals who have experienced NDE's report that they have since shed any fear of 'death' upon returning... You may benefit from researching thanatology & NDE's if you feel you are ready to... Consider it....

Thank you.
Old 14-01-2016, 06:03 AM
Newbie ;)

Yes I am afraid when my experience here on earth ends, especially if there is no afterlife and it is just nothingness.

I wish I was like the others and could have that unshakeable belief that we survive and go on, but I have some doubts still. Hopefully I will make peace with death before it happens.
Old 14-01-2016, 06:03 PM
Newbie ;)

I am not afraid of dying I started experience loss at a very young age there is no one left in my Family and My husband is also gone its just me and my 5year old son I'm more afraid of what I'm leaving behind cause I can no longer protect him and make sure he is safe and happy and well token care of. I just hope I live long enough so he will be able to do those things himself even thou I will be watching him even in death because he is my light and my strength and I will always be protecting him from all the negative that consumed my family. I was able to get out and become very positive but it was not easy and I have to make sure that he is taught to always have a positive attitude and not let him get consumed by negativity.