Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 10-10-2015, 07:06 PM
Experiencer
Empath Manipulation

Hi
So I have a problem which I have been trying to overcome for a long time and I finally found out what it is - Empath Manipulation.

I believe myself to be a 'Empath'. I am very sensitive and have the ability to feel other peoples emotions, energy etc. I do realise that it is a gift however it causes me more problems then anything else.

One of the things I do unconsciously is control situations and other people on some level. I dont know how or why I do this. But, my mother was quite controlling so I believe I may have been conditioned by her. I want to stop doing this to people in any situation. It doesn't serve me.

Here is a definition I found of the problem - 'User can sense and manipulate the the emotions inc feelings, moods and their affects of themselves, other people, animals etc by increasing, decreasing, causing or otherwise channeling emotions, even manifesting the emotional energy on a physical level.'

I have noticed when I meet new people they are sometimes uncomfortable around me and I feel it is because they sense this around me. It is really difficult to explain because its really weird.

Has anyone ever heard of this? Anyone have this trait? Or know how to transcend it. I feel as though it is a waste of my energy. This energy I am using to control and manipulate others could be used for something more productive.
Old 11-10-2015, 04:55 AM
Master

I read the quote that you supplied just yesterday on a separate forum for empaths :)

Yes, it (empathy) can be used as a gift but first one needs to learn how to be aware of one's own emotions . It seems as though you have a great awareness which is the first step to being able to partially detach and become an observer... rather then unconsciously becoming over invested and trying to control the situation.

This all tends to happen naturally as we get better at recognizing what our own emotions are, we can then differentiate our own experience's from others. With differentiation we than have the very conscious choice of how we engage with another person (we are in control).

I like to use this gift to help me better understand what a person is going through (I can often pinpoint the root cause of someone's suffering and sometimes even their karmic lessons).

I do not, however need to manipulate their energy rather what I can do is choose to SUPPORT their independant journey of self empowerment if both parties decide to work together...

Hope that helped and good luck
Old 11-10-2015, 03:47 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySG
Hi
So I have a problem which I have been trying to overcome for a long time and I finally found out what it is - Empath Manipulation.

I believe myself to be a 'Empath'. I am very sensitive and have the ability to feel other peoples emotions, energy etc. I do realise that it is a gift however it causes me more problems then anything else.

One of the things I do unconsciously is control situations and other people on some level. I dont know how or why I do this. But, my mother was quite controlling so I believe I may have been conditioned by her. I want to stop doing this to people in any situation. It doesn't serve me.

Here is a definition I found of the problem - 'User can sense and manipulate the the emotions inc feelings, moods and their affects of themselves, other people, animals etc by increasing, decreasing, causing or otherwise channeling emotions, even manifesting the emotional energy on a physical level.'

I have noticed when I meet new people they are sometimes uncomfortable around me and I feel it is because they sense this around me. It is really difficult to explain because its really weird.

Has anyone ever heard of this? Anyone have this trait? Or know how to transcend it. I feel as though it is a waste of my energy. This energy I am using to control and manipulate others could be used for something more productive.

The answer is often hidden within the question.

Look at the language you have used to describe the situation. Is it positive, or negative?

If you are aware that 'you' unconsciously try to control situations and/or people, then you are in-fact consciously aware. Because you can recognise and identify with what you are doing, on a conscious level.

The control centre lies within the ego. The ego is a minuscule part of what makes up our whole physical being. It will always be minuscule, however obscured by the mind it becomes.

Most, if not all of us, are empaths. Some of us are more aware of our sensitivity than others. Many suppress it. We are all divine beings, with divine abilities and talents. We all express and interpret feelings in ways that are unique to our soul, or the core of our being.

My advice?

Meditate more often. Don't 'try' to change it, just watch it. Bring it into your awareness. Gradually, through love, you will dissolve any perceivable negative patterns of behaviour.

Self love is the key. Know thyself. Love every part of thyself. Particularly the parts which you dislike.

With love,

Lunar
Old 11-10-2015, 06:05 PM
Master
You've gotten great advice here, to which I can only add to act from love and compassion and not from need to influence or be in control.

If you are using your energy and empathic skills to bring a person back to a calm peaceful place then you are using it as a gift. If you are using it to help a person shift into a place where they have more compassion for others or themselves then you are again using it to gift another.

We all have abilities, it could just be body language and our words but they can be used to support, honor and respect, or control, manipulate or tear down another.

As with all things - will you use your power for good or to tear down?
It doesn't matter what the skill or talent it - it matters how we use it.
Whether its physical strength, charisma, the power of speech and persuasion, psychic powers, empathic powers, ability to lead or any of the thousand other things - the root of all of them are the same - is it from Love or is it from a place of self serving to get what one wants?

Know they self. And all else falls into place :)
Old 19-10-2015, 05:53 PM
Newbie ;)

TonySG
Really good advice on here. I went through a period where I was looking at how I was manipulating people and situations. I dug deep and realized that I was manipulating the people around me so that they would keep reacting to me in certain ways that I wanted so that I would behave in a certain way. I was manipulating others to manipulate myself. Maybe that is helpful concept to look at for your situation? As far as transcending I totally agree with the all the above posts. The things they mentioned are things I used to get through it.
Old 20-10-2015, 11:08 AM
Experiencer
i do not believe empathy can " manipulate " other people feelings
merely they feel them nothing more
"And when the waves overwhelm them like the dark shadows they call upon Allah for help with pure devotion and when He brings them safety, some of them still doubtful and none denies Our clear signs but every very perfidious very ungrateful one.."
Old 25-10-2015, 03:22 AM
Master
Yes, I used to frequently experience this, mostly unconsciously but some times totally consciously as well. We manipulate because we feel uncomfortable and because we have an attachment to a certain outcome... both come from fear of lack of control. Don't judge your self. We all manipulate before we are enlightened - we want others to like us, be kind to us, respect us etc. and we unconsciously communicate in ways which we perceive as eliciting this from others. Cultivate an increasing awareness of this pattern of yours and ask yourself why you do this. And again, try not to judge yourself. It's great that you have become aware!
Old 25-10-2015, 05:17 AM
Experiencer

An empath manipulator.. I've never heard of that. I've heard of empaths being manipulated. This sounds akin to charisma. If you have an outgoing, charismatic personality, manipulation is the order of the day.

I thought being an empath meant you took in the emotions of others and let them affect you. What you're describing is more of a psychic influence where you get inside a person and influence their thinking towards your thoughts.

The short advice is, you gotta stop doing that lol. Live and let live. Let life flow more. Don't take the bull by the horns in every social interaction you face. Just allow.

If you were raised in a controlling environment that may be hard to, but all it is is a limiting belief active in your mind. Figure out how to transform limiting beliefs.
Old 27-10-2015, 03:30 PM
Experiencer
I was looking for a place to post these articles. I guess this will be the place. I am an empath. It took me way into my adult life to figure this out. I mean I knew I "felt" things as a child. I do believe I learned to suppress it. As an adult, I've learned that I am a magnet for narcissists. Not only do they find me, I feel like I am also drawn to them in a need of some sort to "fix" them. At least that is what I think it is. My life has been plagued with narcissists. It took some crazy life situations to finally help me figure this one out. But, anyway, here are some articles that are spot on as far as I'm concerned. I hope they help someone. I do, however, believe that most who come to this forum are very self aware or at least on the right track enough to be here.

http://www.elephantjournal.com/2015/...recognise-one/

http://www.elephantjournal.com/2015/...-a-narcissist/

Here is one that describes the toxicity to a relationship of an empath with a narcissist.

http://www.elephantjournal.com/2015/...-a-narcissist/
Old 27-10-2015, 08:56 PM
Experiencer

Those are excellent articles. They pretty much sum up all my key relationships over most my life.

If I ever told people that I could sense emotions or thoughts I would immediately get hit with criticism. And the critics were always manipulative people with something to hide. I always knew they were just trying to get me to doubt myself so they could continue pulling the wool over my head.

And that article on narcissists was spot on too. They will play games with your head til the cows come home. It never ends. One moment they are your friend, they got your back. The next moment they're tearing you down and running you under the bus. It all comes from their need to control. If they create enough chaos then you never know what's coming and they can maintain control because the chaos is being introduced in a very controlled manner from their point of view.

I solved that issue by moving away from those "friends". Plus doing some internal work so I don't attract new people like that.