Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 24-12-2011, 09:46 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by dena
she doesn't even want to "know" anything that she is not familiar with because it will make her confused and she doesn't want that
but yet .. she is in such peaceful place!! .. she is the most peaceful person i have ever known

Personally I'd take a few leaves from your friend's book. Confusion isn't necessarily a good place to be unless you learn to drop it and find that you didn't need it in the first place. If something resonates with you then take it as your own, if it doesn't then leave it because it was never meant to be yours. Many believe we have to bust our chops to get to this imagined goal and all become gurus our Life is a waste of time. But while you're focussed on one thing you can leave yourself blind to the best parts. If your Soul wants to smell the flowers just off the beaten Path, what's the problem? Turn on, tune in, drop out.
Old 24-12-2011, 09:48 AM
Aquarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Once you get over the addiction to so called truth you will only be truly happy
Nah, delusion is the sole source of suffering.

But I agree, few emphasise happiness enough.

Regarding challenging yourself, depends how much it motivates you, how you respond to difficulty & failure, what you Attract in the process etc
Old 24-12-2011, 10:22 AM
Aquarian

Quote:
Once you get over the addiction to so called truth you will only be truly happy
Nah, delusion is the sole source of suffering.

But I agree, few emphasise happiness enough.

Regarding challenging yourself, depends how much it motivates you, how you respond to difficulty & failure, what you Attract in the process etc. A whole book's worth of material there.
Old 24-12-2011, 10:44 AM
dena

Quote:
To realize that you are already that which you are seeking, you are all that there IS, you are pure Being, and everyone else is also for there is but ONE Being. The mind can never realize this truth, and that is why it will continue to try and find something that it can understand, but it will never understand this, hence the addiction.

very helpful thanx
Old 24-12-2011, 10:53 AM
dena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow
I think it is different for different people. ( Warning - peaceful people will eventually kill you and drink your blood using your skull as a cup - I really should stop reading the Tibetan book of the Dead, btw.) -- just kidding. Actually I think you are both doing the best thing that is the most right for you each at this particular point in time, and you are likely friends because you mindsets complement one another's. Ok, I think my head hurts now - but in a GOOD way!

i don't think everyone is doing the best thing that is the most right for them
then will be no wrong people
do you think there is no wrong people and everyone should just do what ever they want?
well maybe
thanx for mentioning the book by the way
Old 24-12-2011, 11:39 AM
Mayflow

Not sure if it is a good book for everyone to read. Tough read for sure,,,

This I like:

When all the symptoms [of death] are about to be completed, then enjoin upon [the one dying] this resolution, speaking in a low tone of voice in the ear:

O nobly-born (or, if it be a priest, O Venerable Sir), let not thy mind be distracted.

If it be a brother [in the Faith], or some other person, then call him by name, and [say] thus:

O nobly-born, that which is called death being come to thee now, resolve thus: 'O this now is the hour of death. By taking advantage of this death, I will so act, for the good of all sentient beings, peopling the illimitable expanse of the heavens, as to obtain the Perfect Buddhahood, by resolving on love and compassion towards [them, and by directing my entire effort to] the Sole Perfection.'

Shaping the thoughts thus, especially at this time when the Dharma-Kāya of Clear Light [in the state] after death can be realized for the benefit of all sentient beings, know that thou art in that state; [and resolve] that thou wilt obtain the best boon of the State of the Great Symbol, in which thou art, [as follows]:

'Even if I cannot realize it, yet will I know this Bardo, and, mastering the Great Body of Union in Bardo, will appear in whatever [shape] will benefit [all beings] whomsoever: I will serve all sentient beings, infinite in number as are the limits of the sky.'

Keeping thyself unseparated from this resolution, thou shouldst try to remember whatever devotional practices thou went accustomed to perform during thy lifetime.

In saying this, the reader shall put his lips close to the ear, and shall repeat it distinctly, clearly impressing it upon the dying person so as to prevent his mind from wandering even for a moment.

After the expiration hath completely ceased, press the nerve of sleep firmly; and, a lāma, or a person higher or more learned than thyself, impress in these words, thus:

Reverend Sir, now that thou art experiencing the Fundamental Clear Light, try to abide in that state which now thou art experiencing.

And also in the case of any other person the reader shall set him face-to-face thus:

O nobly-born (so-and-so), listen. Now thou art experiencing the Radiance of the Clear Light of Pure Reality. Recognize it. O nobly-born, thy present intellect, in real nature void, not formed into anything as regards characteristics or colour, naturally void, is the very Reality, the All-Good.

Thine own intellect, which is now voidness, yet not to be regarded as of the voidness of nothingness, but as being the intellect itself, unobstructed, shining, thrilling, and blissful, is the very consciousness, the All-good Buddha.

Thine own consciousness, not formed into anything, in reality void, and the intellect, shining and blissful, -- these two, -- are inseparable. The union of them is the Dharma-Kāya state of Perfect Enlightenment.

Thine own consciousness, shining, void, and inseparable from the Great Body of Radiance, hath no birth, nor death, and is the Immutable Light -- Buddha Amitābha.

Knowing this is sufficient. Recognizing the voidness of thine own intellect to be Buddhahood, and looking upon it as being thine own consciousness, is to keep thyself in the [state of the] divine mind of the Buddha.

Repeat this distinctly and clearly three or [even] seven times. That will recall to the mind [of the dying one] the former [i.e. when living] setting-face-to-face by the guru. Secondly, it will cause the naked consciousness to be recognized as the Clear Light; and, thirdly, recognizing one's own self [thus], one becometh permanently united with the Dharma-Kāya and Liberation will be certain.
Old 25-12-2011, 07:11 PM
Deactivated Account
This thread strikes a chord with me as I'm somebody who tends to challenge myself over and over. I have often pondered whether I'd be happy with simple acceptance of my being. But are the two always mutually exclusive?

I believe we all grow throughout life but we're not always consciously aware of it. I have been challenged through experiences and my beliefs have changed. Maybe we're all just on different paths and what suits someone is not right for another. The key is: how do YOU feel about your challenges? If you like to challenge yourself to new understandings, perhaps that is your path. If you're unhappy, maybe look to other ways such as how your friend lives her life. The power lies with you.
Old 27-12-2011, 07:53 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by dena
i always challenge myself even if it takes a lot of time and a lot of work
i always read and seek knowledge and do things to help other people even if i get tired
my friend is the opposed of me .. she doesn't care about anything but she is always smiling .. she doesn't do or even try anything that will make her uncomfortable even if "i think" it's good for her and the people around her .. she doesn't even want to "know" anything that she is not familiar with because it will make her confused and she doesn't want that
but yet .. she is in such peaceful place!! .. she is the most peaceful person i have ever known
is it better to do nothing and just try to be happy? .. spiritually?
or is it better to always seek the truth and always try to know and do more?
Thanx

I think the goal is to be happy.
When there is problem, letting go the resistance.
But not looking for problems.
Old 27-12-2011, 10:20 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
This thread strikes a chord with me as I'm somebody who tends to challenge myself over and over. I have often pondered whether I'd be happy with simple acceptance of my being. But are the two always mutually exclusive?

And if you find in your acceptance that the challenges ARE your being?
Old 27-12-2011, 10:56 AM
mattie

Accept Self

There are different things that work for different people. Your friend may be doing something that is working perfectly for her. That she is at peace w/ her self & happy is very positive.

That you’re asking if this challenging self is ‘good’ shows you may have some doubts about your current modus operandi. It is useful to be flexible & willing to try other things when the things we’re doing aren’t working. You may benefit from looking at spirituality as not being work, rather as aligning your self w/ the flow. Avoid the trap of feeling that you are only valued if you are of service to others. Take care of your self. If you’re tired, get needed rest.

How about the challenge is to accept your self w/ the utmost ✧✩☆JOY☆✧ Right Here, Right NOW?