Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 18-05-2016, 04:38 PM
Master
I don't know if I believe in Karma myself. I think at one point I pondered it a whole lot and some people I know tossed that out a lot. "Don't worry, Karma will get him". type of sayings. I didn't put much credibility to such thoughts. I think when I thought more on reincarnation I feared having to go through things again and perish the thought. I couldn't stand it. So sort of like the time warner cable commercial "If Time-Warner can change so can I!" And not a day goes by if there is something I did or do that I really do not like about myself or someone addresses a particular behavior I ponder it and decide if it's me or them and if it is me and I have no such problem admitting I'd been an *** or yes, that is not a good attribute to have...I address the area(s) of concern and make change. I do not make these changes because I believe in karma, I do it because I want to make all changes to me and for my life in a positive manner and you know, I believe my life is infinite, so each lifetime I want to be better than the last...but I suppose maybe that's karma too. Now I'm confused... The jist of it is I'm all for growing and improving myself daily but sometimes I fail the exam but the next one I get an A
Old 18-05-2016, 04:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
I really shouldn't post because I jettisoned my karma beliefs a while back. It's really just a theory that can't be proven. So I say things like I did because that's what various philosophies seem to say about it (the lower/higher self stuff, not the vase flopping over stuff). Nevertheless let me loudly toot that I really can't understand the notion that karma can't be changed. Is the cosmos really that set-in-stone and inflexible?

What you have said rings true. Now I don't know if this is a new idea but it is an unusual message is it not. I'm personally glad you posted and it isn't a threat to karma in any form at all. It brings a lot of peace.

On a shock factor of 1 - 10. I give it a 8.
Old 18-05-2016, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstandlast
Alright-- I will share my perspective on the subject; though this
is from direct revelation I will be using terms I have best found to translate it into the human dimension of thought--
Shortened for space....Ah, THAT was some passing on of information! Firstandlast!!!!!!
Whoa!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-05-2016, 04:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
What you have said rings true. Now I don't know if this is a new idea but it is an unusual message is it not. I'm personally glad you posted and it isn't a threat to karma in any form at all. It brings a lot of peace.

On a shock factor of 1 - 10. I give it a 8.
Well I should have said can't be proven in any way I've come across. I liked Uma's suggestion though to anyone who doubts the existence of karma, I'm going to follow up on that and investigate.

What I was trying to suggest is that we might be better off making sure we don't just assume things because that's what was written about it 1000 years ago. I don't buy into religion for that reason, and I'm trying not to do the same when it comes to spiritual beliefs.
Old 18-05-2016, 05:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Well I should have said can't be proven in any way I've come across. I liked Uma's suggestion though to anyone who doubts the existence of karma, I'm going to follow up on that and investigate.

What I was trying to suggest is that we might be better off making sure we don't just assume things because that's what was written about it 1000 years ago. I don't buy into religion for that reason, and I'm trying not to do the same when it comes to spiritual beliefs.
I have what seems to be an alarm system if something does not ring true at all for me and to get out of Dodge now. I'm not kidding, it's like every molecule within me screams NOT TRUE, not true! Get out of there... other times something hits me hard and I can literally be reduced to tears as though someone has reminded me of the truth. Of course, there are times, most times I just don't know...so the jury's still out on that one...I don't have to accept or reject it and just let it be. If it's true or not, if it is something I need to know, the truth will come to me. There's so much I read here and just in general that boggle my mind and I want to laugh and how ridiculous it sounds and sometimes I feel sad for some searching and who grasp onto anything or perhaps even exaggerate stories and events in their lives to give them some importance or attention...that's harsh I know. But now I (think) I have learned not to care what others believe or do and my focus is on the path I'm on and I depend on my own intuition/higher self or whatever is the driving force...or perhaps I'm completely deluded.
Old 18-05-2016, 05:07 PM
Is the cosmos really set in stone? No, not in regards to karma, anyway!

Those that believe they can NOT change their karma ..I will
continue to tell stories, maybe some I have told many times here.
And still, some will not ever be effected and stay with their thinking or beliefs that karma can not be changed, so be it.

So, the student asks the master..."Why is it the bad man of the Village
just found 5 gold coins under the tree?
Yet, the good man of the village just got robbed?"
Master: "Ah, not all is at it seems. In another life the 'bad man' attended
Sat sang (read, did good things)...so he was supposed to find a chest full of gold there.
But, because he rejects attending satsang this life, he only found 5 coins."

"The 'good man' was very bad past lives and was supposed to be stabbed, hung by his feet and robbed, left for dead.
BUT, because he attended satsang this life...he was only robbed."

''Not all is as it seems."

Sure, this is just a story...but it is an OLD Hindu story for students that points out how we can change our 'destiny' or karma...
by only small acts that can wash over us and change us.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-05-2016, 05:07 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Shortened for space....Ah, THAT was some passing on of information! Firstandlast!!!!!!
Whoa!

New age, new teachings eh?
Old 18-05-2016, 05:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
or perhaps I'm completely deluded.
Ha-ha! No, your post sounds right to me, that's where I'm at. I take it much less seriously than I did years ago. Then, I needed to believe in specific truths. Now, I don't need to know the answers. And it's sunny out today, what do I care about karma?
Old 18-05-2016, 05:16 PM
Yes. We reap what we sow.

If we plant corn...it will NOT reap tomatoes.

But, remember, we can dig up the corn kernel...and replant...
taking care to plant in fertile soil with adequate attention to it.

This is something not spoken of much...and so I am here.
We have been programmed to think our destiny or karma is set in stone.
It isn't.

In fact, what kind of screwy System that would BE!
That sincere repentance and a change in heart would mean we would STILL have to pay for
(or reap the consequences for the sake of learning)
for some stupid thing we did...when we have already learned the lesson!

Old 18-05-2016, 05:18 PM
Master
To Baile: Exactly! I used to drive myself into despair at one point of my life thinking I was missing the manual or something... I'd come here and try to understand 150 different perspectives and at times juggle them...and wonder what was wrong with me and then come to the conclusion ...what the @#@% am I doing. And then fall away altogether, but something ever so gently got me back up, maybe it's my own fortitude but I'd get back up and you know, we talked about that liberation, we've both had in various departments of our lives...but because of those liberations and growing pains and growing spurts, something just happened and I look back now and think what the heck was I doing and thinking. I am at so much more peace now. Although occasionally something will come up and give me fits because I'm not understanding a particular bout of icky things that came into life for a bit and then left...

My bf has to have solid answers to EVERYTHING. Drives me nuts. He will debate me on how I KNOW...I can't possibly KNOW, give me proof or you're just a fool. I say to him, how can I really know? I don't. I just go with some instinct or intuition which you don't believe in, yet you talk about evolution all the time, I then tell him I'm just more evolved than he is Hahahah!