Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 05-02-2017, 12:41 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Bingo. I have said this many times here.

I know you have miss H, even when you aligned your self with your souls intent you still have to let go of that intent sometime...then your back in the mindmire so to speak if you have not disolved your original issues, I would say there would still be an emptying process that would still go on even if you had that alignment...just my angle on it
Old 05-02-2017, 08:44 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil
So now, you should ""EXPLICITLY"", define enlightenment.

We could define Enlightenment as the direct experience of truth.

sunnyray
Old 05-02-2017, 06:24 PM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by redstone
I know you have miss H, even when you aligned your self with your souls intent
you still have to let go of that intent sometime...then your back in the mindmire so to speak if you
have not dissolved your original issues, I would say there would still be an emptying process
that would still go on even if you had that alignment...just my angle on it
hi redstone,

I don't over think it.
I know my intention...and then I flow with that...like I know I want to sail
to the Keys...I put up the necessary sails and sit back and enjoy.
Mindmire and issues, I don't take seriously...If I did I would have them! Ha..
What some may call emptying and, thus, find it a bit difficult...
I re-frame that to ''flowing and enjoying the process".
I lost the 'struggle' decades ago...now I hold my hand up and
trust. (As in, to my Dad walking thru a carnival with ice cream in the
other hand.)

This may not click with many...it is where I have come to and
it works great...easy-peasy is my attitude.
Like when I lay on a beach...there is no struggle to empty...I just enjoy...
if a seagull po*ps on me...I laugh.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-02-2017, 10:21 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
hi redstone,

I don't over think it.
I know my intention...and then I flow with that...like I know I want to sail
to the Keys...I put up the necessary sails and sit back and enjoy.
Mindmire and issues, I don't take seriously...If I did I would have them! Ha..
What some may call emptying and, thus, find it a bit difficult...
I re-frame that to ''flowing and enjoying the process".
I lost the 'struggle' decades ago...now I hold my hand up and
trust. (As in, to my Dad walking thru a carnival with ice cream in the
other hand.)

This may not click with many...it is where I have come to and
it works great...easy-peasy is my attitude.
Like when I lay on a beach...there is no struggle to empty...I just enjoy...
if a seagull po*ps on me...I laugh.

Hi Miss H

you've always been cool doing your own thing, so take no notice of me and my mindmire
Old 05-02-2017, 10:51 PM
Pathfinder

I really like this thread. :) In line with what was previously discussed about going into mediation with intent and "knowing what you want", I think it's also important to be open to hearing "no" or being redirected elsewhere. I've gone into mediation before, trying to will a certain answer to be given to me, and I found out pretty quickly that sometimes what I think I want to hear isn't what I'm going to be told. Lol. Stay open. Don't attach yourself to any outcome. Disattachment from what you want, the goings on of the world, negative energies (anxiety, worry, etc)... This is my idea of what "emptying the mind" means to me. I try to be completely unconcerned with the world, accepting of whatever may come to pass. Then, there is just me, this unattached and unpressured question, and the wisdom of the universe. Ultimately, you'll get the best and most helpful insights this way, even if you don't like them at first. ;)

Of course, this is just my own experience. I respect anyone else's ideas, methods and experiences. :)

Peace&Love
Old 06-02-2017, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteFlight
... I think it's also important to be open to hearing "no"
or being redirected elsewhere.
I've gone into mediation before, trying to will a certain answer to be given to me,
and I found out pretty quickly that sometimes what I think I want to hear isn't what I'm going to be told. Lol.
Stay open. Don't attach yourself to any outcome.
I understand this thought process completely...and Hi, InfFlight...welcome here...

I am of a different ilk...and I know this...
I know many do not understand where I come from...I will still say this...
I take a completely diff take..and so far so good.

I expect what I expect. I ask for and get what I ask for.
Simply put...if I plant corn...I expect corn...I do not expect a tomato plant.

When I sit to meditate I expect to have God Himself come to visit me.
And 'He' does.
I expect to be taken to a realm replete with wonder and love extraordinaire...
filled with insights and grace....and that is what happens.

I set my sights very high...I expect to exp just that...and I do.
This is different than what many have believed....'do not expect much...so, then, you will not be disappointed'..

Expect everything...and you will get everything!

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-02-2017, 04:56 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
I understand this thought process completely...and Hi, InfFlight...welcome here...

I am of a different ilk...and I know this...
I know many do not understand where I come from...I will still say this...
I take a completely diff take..and so far so good.

I expect what I expect. I ask for and get what I ask for.
Simply put...if I plant corn...I expect corn...I do not expect a tomato plant.

When I sit to meditate I expect to have God Himself come to visit me.
And 'He' does.
I expect to be taken to a realm replete with wonder and love extraordinaire...
filled with insights and grace....and that is what happens.

I set my sights very high...I expect to exp just that...and I do.
This is different than what many have believed....'do not expect much...so, then, you will not be disappointed'..

Expect everything...and you will get everything!

Thanks for the welcome! I've had an account for awhile but haven't been that active until recently. Hugs back!

This is such a different take on meditation! I've never thought of it this way before, but I can definitely see how in a sense, your strength of will could manifest your desired results. This is very interesting to me and I think I may try employing a version of this myself sometime. :)

I too try to expect feelings of love and light when I meditate. And that does work for me. I think the reason I try to stay open to any answer, at least right now, is because I'm still pretty new to being this spiritually "aware". Before I started this journey, I was always someone who over-thought everything. I would make endless lists and pour over every possible scenario... to the point where I was riddled with anxiety and stressing myself out a lot! Lol. (I also had an eating disorder, made some not so great health decisions, was raised in a family with negative views in the name of "religion", and often ignored my intuition in my younger years). Because of this, I try to allow answers to come to me, rather than taking a more active approach, because I know it's really easy for me to steer myself off course. For me, I only seek answers to the personal development and life path of my HIGHEST good. And since I don't know yet what that is, I lean more heavily on spirit guides/source energy to point me in the right direction.

However, I can definitely see myself learning to trust my instincts a little more in the future, as I continue to grow. Maybe then, I can stop asking passive questions like "what should I do?" and take a more active approach like "how can I make THIS SPECIFIC THING happen?" :)

I appreciate your take!

Peace&Love
Old 07-02-2017, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteFlight
For me, I only seek answers to the personal development and life path of my HIGHEST good.
And since I don't know yet what that is, I lean more heavily on spirit guides/source energy
to point me in the right direction.

I love esp what I bolded, yay!
Listen to this, I just read it, it's in a Forward speaking of Ramana Maharshi:
'For him, all troubles that afflict humans reduce to one trouble ---
mistaken identity.
To think one is a human being limited to this perspective
is a sickness so deep-seated that it underlies and generates all one's ills.
Only cure that one basic disease---mistaken identity---and all is exactly as it should be.'

Wow, I just read it, thought you'd like it.