Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 06-01-2011, 03:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosewater
i forgot this thread was still up..

lol i'm not meeting the standards, not a pirate and i don't do cleaning lol

for the guys left here how do you feel about women that may have had some trauma in their past, well ok severe, and are still healing.. not projecting their issues onto you or taking anything out on you but maybe a just a bit in need of emotional support sometimes? i dont like to impose myself/my feelings on guys but i feel like if i tell them about my past with abuse etc they will think i have too much baggage or will be turned off? or get scared and runaway? sometimes with all i'm dealing with i have down days, just sad and just want someone to hug me.. but i feel like they will think i'm too emotional or needy

Rosewater - Personally speaking, i have a protective streak in me, so if a girl brought it up, as has happened with girlfriends in the past, it would in no way negatively effect the relationship. It seems like many women have trauma in their past, mainly abuse from men, in my experience, and it makes me angry and sad, as a man, and even kind of ashamed in a bit of a way, being a man myself.

I can't speak for other men obviously, but that is me. That said, i guess it would depend on context, but that is more a personality thing than anything. Meaning, does she use her past, in any sense, to take out anger on me? I don't mean little everyday things, but is she consistently mentally or emotionally abusive? Then no thanks. See you on the flip flop. Emotional breakdowns? If i wasn't supportive, i would expect them to runaway. I think a real man will have his heart naturally be empathetic/protective/supportive to a woman whom he cares about, however i can't give you any accurate statistics on how many real men are out there. Suffice it to say, if you are in a relationship with one who is not supportive, he might not be the best bet to go with anyways. My opinion on it.

. ~
Old 06-01-2011, 03:20 AM
Master
thanks for responding! that's so sweet i love protective men!

right never taking anger or emotions out on you then it would become an abusive relationship.. i don't abuse other people, i'm not a malicous person by any means. i am however very sensitive and tend fall apart easily when a problem occurs outside the relationship, i worry a lot and usually i will keep this to myself and withdraw.. i guess what i'm looking for is if this happens for the partner just to listen to me, support me and just give me reassurance.. i worry this will be too draining or i'm asking too much..
Old 06-01-2011, 03:24 AM
unknown

men are not women

its pretty easy to see this

if we remember that then its not hard to understand that the best thing to do when u try to build a relationship with anyone of the opposite sex is that u let go of everything u expect and allow for anything

this way u r unlimited in the experiences u can have
Old 06-01-2011, 03:27 AM
Master
true unknown
Old 06-01-2011, 02:02 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Quote:
Rosewater: for the guys left here how do you feel about women that may have had some trauma in their past, well ok severe, and are still healing.. not projecting their issues onto you or taking anything out on you but maybe a just a bit in need of emotional support sometimes? i dont like to impose myself/my feelings on guys but i feel like if i tell them about my past with abuse etc they will think i have too much baggage or will be turned off? or get scared and runaway? sometimes with all i'm dealing with i have down days, just sad and just want someone to hug me.. but i feel like they will think i'm too emotional or needy

See I'm just like you and I've wondered the same when it comes to women...
Old 10-01-2011, 03:17 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
In how many volumes?

Once you get going... well.......

Xan
Huh?
In how many volumes? What is this question pointing to?
Old 10-01-2011, 03:18 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
gee then there's nothing to talk about lol nobody knows anything - neither of us was there!
If there's nothing to talk about then maybe this is why sex is so popular.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Carpark
If there's nothing to talk about then maybe this is why sex is so popular.

MmmHmm, whadyasayafteryousayhello! Wordsuperfluous~

Old 10-01-2011, 04:25 AM
Mountain-Goat

But then again...if sex is popular because there is nothing to talk about..
then why, in so many marriages where the couples have stopped talking to each other,
the sex has stopped too?
Old 10-01-2011, 04:30 AM
Sundialed

i would love a woman to be bold, free spirited, have good humor, fearless, loving, understanding, compassionate, passionate, chill, freaky, and focused.

if you're out there let me know lol