Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 01-11-2014, 06:56 PM
serenesam

What is a Soul?

So what exactly is a soul? Do we humans have a soul? Is there a difference between the body and the soul?
Old 01-11-2014, 07:26 PM
DontLetThemIn

the soul is your core consciousness.. you, in other words.
"The weight of the soul, based on the average loss of mass in six patients, was measured by McDougall to be 21 grams." A study was done when a doctor put his dying patients (i know, kinda morbid sounding) on scales, because he noticed they were lighter. And that was the outcome, even aside that said, yes they exist. now thinking in my usual thinking.. Biblical, hopefully u keep an open mind and dont mind.. Remember in the bible, it says man and woman were created in the image of God?.. Remember how Moses went to sacrifice his only son as an offering, but the burning bush spoke to him (it was God) and had pretty much told him not to? So moses asked who the burning bush was, and God replied "I AM". Well, there you go .. It should be a lot easier to look at it now.. See, our bodies are vessels. We are not our bodies. I would be improper to say "my soul" because you ARE. So now it would be improper to ask if souls exist because that is asking if you exist, how could you not know if you exist?
Hopefully that helped some
Old 01-11-2014, 07:28 PM
serenesam

Is there a difference between your soul and my soul?
Old 01-11-2014, 07:30 PM
Deactivated Account

Your soul as I understand it currently is the larger part of you that oversees your entire multi-dimensional self (which includes all incarnations and versions of past and future selves). The body is different to the soul but the body consciousness is an extension of the soul.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:31 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenesam

Yes and no. Each soul has its own individuality, but at the core of it is source consciousness which is the same throughout everyone.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:36 PM
serenesam

What would be the purpose of incarnation if somebody else has already perfected the incarnation process? Meaning, wouldn't all of awareness or consciousness be known by all beings, all souls, and all creatures...if all is One....?
Old 01-11-2014, 07:45 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenesam
What would be the purpose of incarnation if somebody else has already perfected the incarnation process? Meaning, wouldn't all of awareness or consciousness be known by all beings, all souls, and all creatures...if all is One....?

From what I understand the way the soul sees it is quite 'vague', because it sees it far away as a high probability, but nothing is set in stone.

Imagine watching ten DVD's all at one time.. you could get a gist of what is going to happen in each one and predict what will happen but you don't know for sure.. that's like the soul, watching all its incarnations with its attention partially placed on every DVD. But the incarnation itself is running the show and decides what happens to it. It can go off track and create a new reality for itself. So the soul sees everything but it can't really say with any certainty what's going to happen.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:53 PM
serenesam

I don't know...I just keep hearing this thing where souls reincarnate for the purpose of perfection or "getting it right"....is this untrue?
Old 01-11-2014, 08:01 PM
Deactivated Account

You know.. at this stage I have no idea. I used to think that too but... things are contradicting that lately for me.

I still think it's true, but I think we can't fully understand the paradox that everything is seen and yet everything evolves.

You'd need at least sixth dimensional consciousness to fully grasp it I think.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:04 PM
Master

sometimes. souls are like threads. some threads are the same color and material and some are not.

Your soul as I understand it currently is the larger part of you that oversees your entire multi-dimensional self (which includes all incarnations and versions of past and future selves).

yup. once you exit ego things are different. it is not YOUR soul. it is only a soul you know of. spirit is a collection of souls. kind of like when you go to a sporting event and people unite in energy about the team. when you exit ego, you are spirit. many souls many lives not all of them yours, but all of them known by you.

I don't know...I just keep hearing this thing where souls reincarnate for the purpose of perfection or "getting it right"....is this untrue?

i see it as untrue. we are all already perfect. the part about getting "it" right is about the collective growth of the events and people of earth and other places.

yup the all is knowing that that job is done. now to move onto another job. there is more, there is always more.