Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 25-11-2010, 04:58 AM
Sangress

Quote:
Has anyone been to see a counsellor before?
I am going for the first time tonight and I'm a little bit scared as I'm quite a shy person and think I will find it hard to discuss touchy subjects with a stranger..
If it's going to help un-confuse me though then I guess it is wirth a shot..?

I've been there, done that.

It's helpful depending who your talking to, who you are as a person and also whether talking about issues helps you or not.

For most people counseling is helpful. Two minds (one who is a pro in understanding and helping fix up other peoples problems) are better than one if you want to put situations, thoughts and feelings in order.

Since you canceled all I can say is good luck with figuring out things.

But I'll also say that it truly doesn't make you weak or incapable if you see a councilor, nor does it mean that you can't "man-up" to something.

Personally, I think that if you know you don't need a councilor, then good for you.

But if you find yourself in a worse situation and are "in over your head" with it, then I'd suggest you re-schedule.

No one would think any less of you for it.
Old 25-11-2010, 08:09 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee
Thanks for all your responses :) Unfortunaltely though I cancelled.. Just didn't feel my problem was significant enough - It's really just me trying to find someone to make a decision for me when I just need to man up and make the decision on my own.. Thanks for replying, was great to hear from you all! x

No one has to do it all on their own - there's nothing 'manly' about that. Of course, at the end of the day we can only make our own decisions but it's okay to have support along the way. Even having some one to sit and listen and help us clarify our thoughts can be a massive help. I personally think it takes more courage to reach out to someone than to deal with everything alone. But good luck on your journey.
Old 25-11-2010, 03:28 PM
star-child

Quote:
I met a very inspiring psychoanalyst who said he now accomplishes with hypnotherapy in 13 sessions what he used to do in over a year's work with a client.
Yes hypnotherapy is very good, I highly recommend it. For me, 6 sessions were more beneficial than a years counselling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee
Thanks for all your responses :) Unfortunaltely though I cancelled.. Just didn't feel my problem was significant enough - It's really just me trying to find someone to make a decision for me when I just need to man up and make the decision on my own.. Thanks for replying, was great to hear from you all! x

I used to think my problems weren't significant enough because I was used to living with them, but that doesn't make it okay to live with them because we all deserve to be happy. The little things can turn into something big if you don't target them early on.

It's always helpful to have somewhere safe to go where you can talk about how you feel.
Old 26-11-2010, 05:51 AM
pre-dawn

People who work with Psychophony, which is based on Rudolf Steiner's ideas, aim to resolve an issue within 4 sessions maximum.
With a normal person, neurotic but not psychotic, if no change has happened within 4 sessions it will never happen (with that therapist or methodology).