Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 16-11-2010, 07:08 AM
deepsea

You read my mind,Glenos,so which do we go for,blown into little pieces or die of a lingering death?
Old 16-11-2010, 07:15 AM
glenos

Or lingering toothache and no trips to the dentist or sticking our beans in a cardboard box instead of the microwave. I for one will continue to travel, have all me teef (mostly) and eat beans on toast (again)
A while ago a radical tried to blow up some Arabic Prince and he managed to get through security by having a stick of explodium rammed up his nether regions. I get the school boy giggles when I think of that one. "Scuse mate, you aint got a light have ya?"...
Old 16-11-2010, 12:23 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspirit
They want to create a national ID card, kind of like a passport, that you will need for domestic travel. That's just the beginning. After that they will declare martial law and do whatever they want. With the constitution suspended they will be free to go into houses taking guns and mass arrest people without giving them trials, and even use lethal force without accountability. Then eventually they hope to give everyone implantable RFID chips that have all your information on them including biometric information and how much money you have. If you don't have a chip then you won't be able to spend money, travel, or do anything.

I don't believe you have much to fear in connection with National ID cards. It's been a massive undertaking just to get passports adopted and look how few US citizens travel outside the North American landmass.

The UK - with a comparatively small population and without the Federal vs. State rivalry to consider - was unable to bring in identitity cards which are needed for much the same reasons as in the US.

The Constitution is fine and will serve well for some time yet before it needs bringing up-to-date.

Try not to worry.
Old 16-11-2010, 12:37 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
I recently read that the radiation dose given by one of these scanners is equal to the solar radiation recieved from flying for 2 mins at 36k ft. I'd be more worried about some radical with a bag of explodium than I am about being scanned.

Forget flying, I'm more concerned about before. Consider just how simple it would be to blow up waiting passengers in airport departure areas.

Before any security checks, amidst scores of other suitcase-holding passengers, but with a case full of explosives. Who's gonna spot it? It wouldn't have the impact of 9/11 but oh how easy....

We've got it wrong - security should begin before folks are assembled in check-in lines. I'm all for whole body scanning, and whatever else is necessary, even for domestic flights if that's how it's judged, before we're allowed into the airport's buildings.

No use grumbling about things - the world is changed and we have to get on with it.
Old 16-11-2010, 04:48 PM
Guide
Nothing really changed. 9/11 and other such events were inside jobs designed to scare the hell out of the public and now the terrorists are still running things and using their own evil as an excuse to take our privacy and rights away. They got away with 9/11. Do you really thing body scanners are going to stop them from pulling off another 9/11 if they wanted?

The Constitution and Bill of Rights are already being violated on a routine basis. Look at how they deny us the freedom to assembly, and how they just went into people's homes in New Orleans to take away their guns without warrants. What do you think it will be like when they declare martial law.
Old 16-11-2010, 04:56 PM
mac

Quote:
Nothing really changed. 9/11 and other such events were inside jobs designed to scare the hell out of the public and now the terrorists are still running things and using their own evil as an excuse to take our privacy and rights away. They got away with 9/11. Do you really thing body scanners are going to stop them from pulling off another 9/11 if they wanted?

The Constitution and Bill of Rights are already being violated on a routine basis. Look at how they deny us the freedom to assembly, and how they just went into people's homes in New Orleans to take away their guns without warrants. What do you think it will be like when they declare martial law.

You see the glass half-empty whereas I see it half-full....
Old 16-11-2010, 05:10 PM
deepsea

Quote:
They want to create a national ID card, kind of like a passport, that you will need for domestic travel. That's just the beginning. After that they will declare martial law and do whatever they want. With the constitution suspended they will be free to go into houses taking guns and mass arrest people without giving them trials, and even use lethal force without accountability. Then eventually they hope to give everyone implantable RFID chips that have all your information on them including biometric information and how much money you have. If you don't have a chip then you won't be able to spend money, travel, or do anything.

For some reason,this reminds me of the nazi regime during World War 11.
Deepsea
Old 16-11-2010, 05:21 PM
glenos

My first time of arriving at Chicago O'hare the security fella said look at the eye."The eye, what eye", I said with a slightly quivery voice. There was an eye thing on the end of a stalk and we looked at each other. I get through passport control and step onto a pilotless monorail effort that spoke in a Blade Runner voice. Mad....
Old 16-11-2010, 05:27 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
For some reason,this reminds me of the nazi regime during World War 11.
Deepsea

Superficially only, I'd suggest.

There are huge differences between the present world and the one back then - thank whatever lord you may worship for that.
Old 16-11-2010, 05:38 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
My first time of arriving at Chicago O'hare the security fella said look at the eye."The eye, what eye", I said with a slightly quivery voice. There was an eye thing on the end of a stalk and we looked at each other. I get through passport control and step onto a pilotless monorail effort that spoke in a Blade Runner voice. Mad....

Mad but without that how ya gonna deal with all those folks?

Blade Runner voice? Yanks just speak like that anyway, don't they.