Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 07-11-2010, 03:23 AM
Guide
Beware of Airport Bodyscanners This Holiday Season

When you're traveling this holiday season make sure to tell the TSA employees that you opt out of the body scanners at the airport security lines. The new body scanners bathe your body in radiation that causes cancer and genetic damage in order to peer under your clothing. This is bad for your health, not to mention your privacy and dignity as the naked images of your body are saved with your name. Luckily they are optional. Just tell them that you opt out.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:35 AM
Rumar

LOL, how did i know it would cause cancer? Hmmm... pondering...
Old 07-11-2010, 07:26 AM
Deactivated Account

just wondering, how do you know the scans are optional ? optional at all airports or just a select few ?

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 07-11-2010, 07:45 AM
Master
i read an article about opting out of body scanners at airports this week...

Opt Out of a Body Scan? Then Brace Yourself

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Opt-Out-of-a-Body-Scan-Then-nytimes-3016411705.html

and, as if airports werent bad enough, be careful when going to the movie theater in the future, theyre going to implement some new technology there too...
Anti-Piracy Tool For Cinemas Will Recognize Emotions

http://torrentfreak.com/anti-piracy-tool-for-cinemas-will-recognize-emotions-101102/
Old 07-11-2010, 08:56 AM
pre-dawn

Doesn't everyone look more or less the same under the clothing? The scanner staff is welcome to get a picture of my bits and pieces, if they are young females it may even induce me to lose some weight.

Reduce excess weight and obesity, put the right people behind the scanners.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:59 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
just wondering, how do you know the scans are optional ? optional at all airports or just a select few ?
They will just perform a full body search. Rectal examination anyone?
Old 07-11-2010, 11:50 AM
Administrator
Everyone will have their own opinion on this issue some will say its an invasion of privacy, but most i think will say its an invasion on human rights,
i understand that safety for everyone is paramount,
but to be told to empty your pockets hold your hands up like a criminal, would do by the police,
but what happens when anyone gets cancer scares through the radiation, are they going to pay compensation, i dont think so

Namaste
Old 07-11-2010, 02:27 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
but what happens when anyone gets cancer scares through the radiation, are they going to pay compensation, i dont think so

Namaste

You make an excellent point, Native spirit!
Old 07-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Master
Just FYI, I recently traveled and was given the option of either using the scanner or being hand checked by security. A female security guard patted me down on the outside of my clothes right after I walked through the metal detector. It was no big deal.

Old 07-11-2010, 02:55 PM
Deactivated Account

Experiences will probably vary on this topic, depending on which airport one is at and who the security people are. Nice to hear your experience wasn't a big deal, Kaere.

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction