Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 20-11-2017, 01:04 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

Yes. No one to find and so no one wakes up.
Old 20-11-2017, 02:04 PM
Deactivated Account
Even after having been here for quite a while already this stuff is still extremely difficult if not impossible for me to comprehend. So basically there is no personal identification or something?
Old 20-11-2017, 07:39 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Even after having been here for quite a while already this stuff is still extremely difficult if not impossible for me to comprehend. So basically there is no personal identification or something?

Perhaps a simple place to begin is with the process of Self-enquiry as advocated by Ramana Maharshi.

So close your eyes, focus on your awareness of the sense of "I", and ask yourself "Who am I?".

You may find that that you cannot pinpoint the "I" within. There is no "I". There is simply awareness. Just rest in that awareness.

It is not the "I" that wakes up - waking up occurs when we let go of the "I".

Peace.
Old 20-11-2017, 09:05 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Perhaps a simple place to begin is with the process of Self-enquiry as advocated by Ramana Maharshi.

So close your eyes, focus on your awareness of the sense of "I", and ask yourself "Who am I?".

You may find that that you cannot pinpoint the "I" within. There is no "I". There is simply awareness. Just rest in that awareness.

It is not the "I" that wakes up - waking up occurs when we let go of the "I".

Peace.

Ok and how exactly does it benefit us by letting go of the ''I'' then?
Old 20-11-2017, 10:40 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Ok and how exactly does it benefit us by letting go of the ''I'' then?

It primarily benefits you when you let go of the "I"
When you do that you will know why Buddha described it as the end of all suffering.

By asking yourself who you are daily, you will begin to understand you and all that you wish to know including those and the world around you. When others have said "you have all the answers already you just need to look inside" its not a paradox. It is truth worded so simply that the mind has a hard time comprehending it fully. Because the mind like problem solving and that statement cannot be solved as it is a answer that eliminates the role the mind plays.

If I took the time to explain how it would benefit you would you accept that or allow your mind to find a problem in it?
Old 20-11-2017, 10:56 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcopyinc
If I took the time to explain how it would benefit you would you accept that or allow your mind to find a problem in it?

Well I wouldn't really make a problem out of it, but I must say that I'm not easily convinced that it would be beneficial to the likes of me because at the moment I've got bigger concerns to attend to. Nonetheless it may still be interesting to find out how it affects others.
Old 20-11-2017, 11:42 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Well I wouldn't really make a problem out of it, but I must say that I'm not easily convinced that it would be beneficial to the likes of me because at the moment I've got bigger concerns to attend to. Nonetheless it may still be interesting to find out how it affects others.

how did jesus or buddha affect others? (specifically accounts of those graced by their presence)
Old 21-11-2017, 08:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1wakesup
Yes. No one to find and so no one wakes up.

...and yet the masters still advocate the search and the enquiry .

When there is the realization of what you are there is no longer the search or the enquiry .

The individual has post realization the sense that they have found themselves .

Awakenings happen and are acknowledged by the one that has been ignorant / asleep to what they are .

If peeps carry on suggesting there is no one to find, no one to wake up, one might as well not bother to do anything .

Most find that the enquiry surfaces because the drawing of that is absolutely necessary .

x daz x
Old 21-11-2017, 11:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
...and yet the masters still advocate the search and the enquiry .

Search no. Inquiry yes.

Quote:
When there is the realization of what you are there is no longer the search or the enquiry.

The individual has post realization the sense that they have found themselves .

Awakenings happen and are acknowledged by the one that has been ignorant / asleep to what they are .

If peeps carry on suggesting there is no one to find, no one to wake up, one might as well not bother to do anything .

Bother, yes. Do something, no.

Quote:
Most find that the enquiry surfaces because the drawing of that is absolutely necessary .

x daz x
Old 21-11-2017, 11:22 AM
Master
Quote:

Well, to say there is no benefit to you, is not to say there is no benefit.