Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 07-11-2014, 07:42 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic
How can I find conviction that there is something bigger out there? That this isn't some sincere ignorance. I've come from a very religious family and I lost my faith in my religion a few years ago but I still live it out daily because I'm afraid of what my family we'll think of me. I don't have the best mental makeup, I'm learning more and more daily that I'm more wounded and that things aren't all shineshines and roses.

I just now prayed to something to give me answer that would put my conscious at rest. I just want help from something or someone because I don't know if I can shoulder the load to not only fix myself and take on my life independently. I've been pushing off helping myself and distracting myself with internet and childsplay but no matter what I do I can't get this sense of fear deep down in me to go away. I know no one can take responsibility for my life, and I don't expect them to. I just need to know I have a shot left because I'm really whining down to a tread here. I honestly don't see how I can live another year like this. If you're reading this I don't want any pity, I've learned that I some how subconsciously seek this out and I'm done with it.

I hope I'm coming from the heart here or this isn't another one of my false selves reaching for something to manipulate others with.

Classic, from your profile, and from what you write, it seems you are very young yet. It's not easy to be just on the first threshold of adulthood. Do you have someone you can talk with? A counselor of some sort? When I was your age I had some similar struggles and it helped a lot to see a counselor. I saw a counselor affiliated with a Christian organization, but it was very helpful and your parents might be more supportive if you see someone they are comfortable with.

I was also raised in a Christian home, quite a strict one. I no longer think of myself as a Christian, but the Bible and the church community still had many benefits and contain many truths. Learn what truth it contains for you, and when the time comes you will move on to other things. Don't expect to find all the secrets of the universe right away, nobody does. One day at a time, my friend. Can you be kind or helpful to someone today? Can you learn something today? Some days, that's the most we can manage.

And we all spend some time on childish pursuits. Our minds need rest and play.

I know you are looking for Sparrow's advice and not mine, and maybe his will be different. But I've been young and now I'm old and I think you are worrying too much. :) be patient with yourself.

Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather he must recognize that it is he who is asked.
Viktor E. Frankl
Old 07-11-2014, 10:26 AM
TesseLated

Good advice Celera-so true.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:46 AM
Experiencer

New Blog for Spirit Guide Sparrow

Greetings, Friends!

This is to notify all those who follow Spirit Guide Sparrow that a new compilation of his writings, gleaned from various threads here and sorted by general topic, is now available for review at the following location:

Since I am unable to post the url (given that I have not yet made the qualifying 15 posts here), you can go to Wordpress, and then search for spiritguidesparrow.

Blessings!
Old 08-11-2014, 09:18 AM
Guide

http://spiritguidesparrow.wordpress.com

Bob, thank you! It is much desired by me and I'm sure others. Please do continue compiling.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:36 PM
Experiencer

Sparrow Blog

You are most welcome, Justin! Some of the very good questions you have asked have prompted Sparrow's extended replies, so Thank You for your sincere inquiries. Happy we both can be of service in helping to spread the word!

Blessings!

PS: if you were to provide the url to the site, that might make it more readily accessible to readers here.
Old 08-11-2014, 05:33 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherBob

PS: if you were to provide the url to the site, that might make it more readily accessible to readers here.

Um, yeah, that's what I did.
Old 08-11-2014, 05:56 PM
Experiencer

Sparrow blog

Oops, that will teach me to finish my morning coffee before posting!

Thank you!
Old 08-11-2014, 11:04 PM
Pathfinder

Spirit guide sparrow seems to think no sex in the afterlife because we are not physical/biological in that link.
hmm, well we have eyes that enable us to see that are physical/biological, yet sight exists in the afterlife.
If we can be in physical solid form, why can I not think someone has a nice pert whatsit even if I can't get in there.

I have shallow concerns, I'm really not that evolved, probably don't belong here shouldn't post much lest that start coming accross
Old 08-11-2014, 11:07 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic
How can I find conviction that there is something bigger out there? .

Would you decide to savagely torture someone to death? why not, could it be that you think it's wrong because there is something higher, if there's something higher, maybe as in something bigger.

Last edited by Bluefonsy : 09-11-2014 at 12:48 AM.
Old 11-11-2014, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin
http://spiritguidesparrow.wordpress.com

Bob, thank you! It is much desired by me and I'm sure others. Please do continue compiling.

Thank you Justin....and also thank you Sparrow! I am very much enjoying this wordpress site.
Blessings to you Sparrow.