Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 26-11-2014, 10:25 AM
Master
Hehe (laughing to/at self, not anyone else) ... people who are very grounded want to be airy, and people who are very airy want to be more grounded...

It reminds me of the saying "what's wrong with you may just be what's right with you " (Alarius) . Now, I'll ponder that for a couple of seconds , as I
try and convince myself that being very grounded is a good thing. It's how I am here in this body ; might as well work with what ya got

Interesting stuff though; I read some fascinating things in a book by a neurologist "The Spiritrual Doorway In The Brain" , which is more about neurophysiology, but with spiritual experiences in that context (which is
an incomplete perspective, but interesting nevertheless) as the focus.

Dar
Old 26-11-2014, 10:27 AM
Pathfinder

Thanks for the detailed update Tess. Will check out that channel. I would call my experiences more a "delusional disorder" than "bipolar" though. 3 out of the 4 have led to my hospitalization. That last one I thought I was going crazy but managed to maintain my rationality while it went on and I thank this to my recent uptake of meditation for the past year.

I dont remember much of the details though largely because of the long term memory issues I have due to the anti-epileptic medication I've been on since childhood. But I will stay on this spiritual course. It started relatively recently(last 2 years) but has brought meaning to a largely purposeless life.
Old 26-11-2014, 02:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by satsujin
Thanks for the detailed update Tess. Will check out that channel. I would call my experiences more a "delusional disorder" than "bipolar" though. 3 out of the 4 have led to my hospitalization. That last one I thought I was going crazy but managed to maintain my rationality while it went on and I thank this to my recent uptake of meditation for the past year.

I dont remember much of the details though largely because of the long term memory issues I have due to the anti-epileptic medication I've been on since childhood. But I will stay on this spiritual course. It started relatively recently(last 2 years) but has brought meaning to a largely purposeless life.

having a spiritual context for this life , even when I was crazy with alcohol and drugs , was important . Unavoidable, actually ; knowing I was screwed up spiritually was part of why becoming a drunk felt better than being sober. It numbed the pain and knowledge of my situation . Knowing you're locked in a kind of spiritual prison (self-created) and not being able (not willing to change) to get out is a special kind of hell. Everything is in a spiritual context, but it's all twisted in on itself and not working .

But that's probably easier to deal with (once willing) than an actual chemical imbalance or clinical disorder , so I don't fully understand what it's like to be bi-polar , or manic, or depresed. I just got a big dose of intense insanity during the DT's when I detoxed .

I'm glad you have found a path that gives meaning , and medication that is working . You could do a lot worse than reading Sparrow
Old 26-11-2014, 09:17 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by satsujin
Wow! I just discovered this thread and am amazed by the response to it. Have read the first few pages with interest but am wondering if Sparrow answered the following questions:
How did souls come into existence? Were they always there and does a new one come into existence with the conjoining of two physical incarnations?

Does one encounter God as a seperate consciousness in the afterlife or is God simply the collective mind of all souls?

One method for souls to be made is a type of weaving. A group of souls gather together to weave using elements or threads of their own energy being, so to speak. Among other methods. Not exactly accurate but the closest I can think of using English words that I can think of.