Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 15-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Iskandar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
Even the world's best diet won't make you lose weight if you are female and have high stress (and therefore high cortisol) levels.
You will also not lose if you have a bad yeast over-growth.

um yes it will. It is a simple matter of calories in vs calories out. You cannot get bigger when you do not have the required energy. Very simple equation. Your body cannot hold on to the weight if it is not getting enough energy to sustain it. That is why you see starving people who are barely more than bones.
There is no need to make excuses for it, if you're not losing weight you're still eating too much.
Old 15-04-2011, 03:05 PM
Master
I disagree Iskander there are a variety of reasons why it's hard for women to loose weight. It's hard for me to loose weight and I eat very well, do about 30 hours of yoga a month, swim about 15 miles a month, and am very active. I will say that the yoga is helping out because yoga positions help the thyroid, and glands in your body to release and work better than they usually are.
Old 15-04-2011, 03:26 PM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskandar
When losing weight, diet is far more important than any other factor.
When going to the fridge or the cupboard, standing in front of it and asking yourself a question such as "what could I eat?" realize that this is just another one of these hundreds of insignificant and unimportant thoughts we have throughout the day.

Then close the door.
Old 15-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Master
It's not that simple. It's all about when one has a lot of weight to lose, after about 40 lb. loss, our body simply re-adjusts and has acclimated to the weight loss, and our body adjusts the metabolism (primitive adaptation to prevent starvation in spite of the fact we don't need that NOW, stupid adaptable bods). I've read many articles in magazines and online about how to get around the metabolism shift that takes place and produces that dreaded plateau effect, but it pays to read up on it to see what one can do, what tricks will work for you. I lost 40 lbs. last year and am stuck there and I have more to go, once I feel more energy (which will come from getting out and exercising, even walking), I can restart the weight loss process. Don't do that to people, saying it's all about what they eat, yes and no. Our body isn't trying to be mean, it's just an old survival mechanism that isn't needed anymore. Losing weight isn't about not eating, there's the fat that when we lose weight, it releases any toxins that happen to be stored there, affecting our overall health and stamina, also.

Old 16-04-2011, 03:31 AM
pre-dawn

Geee, you sure make a good argument for your limitations as to why you don't lose weight.

Ever watched "The Biggest Loser"? They lose 2 to 3kg a week but some manage to lose up to 9kg in one week. How? Because their trainers do not put up with excuses, and the participants learn to do likewise.
Old 16-04-2011, 03:44 AM
Master
Hi,
i haven't read all of the posts but i certainly relate to being on a diet for 6 weeks without losing weight.........that is........until I went extreme!
I started doing a very extreme exercise routine for about 1-1/2 hours a night called P90X. There are a few other ones out theer like it. Well let me tell you, that really kicked my metabolism up and the weight is dropping off slowly and surely
I also eat in line with the diet called 'The Zone' which really is about eating a balance of good carbs, protein and good fat with each meal. I also eat 5-6 times a day instead of 3.
It's working!
Good luck CJ82sky, finding what works for you.
James
Old 16-04-2011, 03:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
Geee, you sure make a good argument for your limitations as to why you don't lose weight.

Ever watched "The Biggest Loser"? They lose 2 to 3kg a week but some manage to lose up to 9kg in one week. How? Because their trainers do not put up with excuses, and the participants learn to do likewise.

Not sure who you're addressing, but geee, someone like you really makes a person wanna do good.

Old 16-04-2011, 11:24 AM
Master

Besides watching your dreams pay attention to your body. One size doesn't fit all when it comes to diet. Sometimes hidden food intolerances can keep you from losing weight. I've noticed after eating some foods my energy level plummets. I can feel it draining away! It's obvious my body is telling me I should not eat those foods. I'm sure this is the same idea as energy testing foods. Sometimes I'll notice my stomach clench a little as I think about eating something. It's saying "no!" I wish I always listened to it!
Old 16-04-2011, 02:55 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Hi,
i haven't read all of the posts but i certainly relate to being on a diet for 6 weeks without losing weight.........that is........until I went extreme!
I started doing a very extreme exercise routine for about 1-1/2 hours a night called P90X. There are a few other ones out theer like it. Well let me tell you, that really kicked my metabolism up and the weight is dropping off slowly and surely
I also eat in line with the diet called 'The Zone' which really is about eating a balance of good carbs, protein and good fat with each meal. I also eat 5-6 times a day instead of 3.
It's working!
Good luck CJ82sky, finding what works for you.
James
Glad that's working for you, shaman, but here's the problem. Many people's health will not allow for such as you describe, AND your own may not always! Look at Oprah. She lost a lot of weight with Bob Green as her trainer, exercising her butt off (literally! ), but when push came to shove, she could not keep that routine up. People age. They sustain injuries. They also have busy lives that don't allow them to designate large blocks of time to extreme exercise programs on a daily basis. Eventually, they all fall off the proverbial exercise wagon, and then you're back to square one... you either find a way to eat nutritionally with adequate calorie intake and no more than you need, or the weight comes back on.

As for the zone and other bizarre food combining techniques, the science of the matter is clear and irrefutable. It's a formula that anyone can understand and put to use, and it's essentially this: calories in, calories out! Simply put, if you take in more calories than you expend in your normal daily activity, you gain. If you take in less, you lose. Moderation is the key. It's also been proven that wholesome, healthy, whole foods are processed differently by the body and eating more of those and less of the sugary, fatty, sodium-loaded packaged convenience foods will jump start weight loss as well.

I follow the Weight Watcher program. It's fexible, healthy, and realistic. I don't think of it as a diet, but as a healthy way of eating. Some weeks the weight comes off faster than others, but the over-all progress is down, and since I plan to eat this way forever, I'm not in a hurry
Old 16-04-2011, 05:51 PM
Master
Smile

Quote:
Moderation is the key. It's also been proven that wholesome, healthy, whole foods are processed differently by the body and eating more of those and less of the sugary, fatty, sodium-loaded packaged convenience foods will jump start weight loss as well.

I've found this to be very true...I had to find a way for adding lots more fiber to my diet than all the years I put on weight, which isn't always lots of apples and fresh fruit. My body doesn't do well with acidic fruits, and I'm diabetic which means I can't eat lots of strawberries, watermelon because they spike my blood sugar like nobody's business. So, metamucil (yuck), In recent times discovered chia seeds. I wasn't sure at first if it was working, but now I know they are. I add them every day to cereal, yogurt, drinks. I find this helps immensely in my battle to lose weight with all my other health concerns and uh aging factors. chia seeds work in a similar way to metamucil but better. I add them to soups and cereals too. I find it cuts the appetite and find I'm not looking around for 'snacks' like I used to quite so much.