Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 09-05-2013, 11:15 PM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
So what if he's a pervert?

LOL--who the heck would want to watch you brush your teeth anyway...
Old 09-05-2013, 11:21 PM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
I am sorry Juanita.

I wasn't aware of this.

Yeah I don't like when people say they know what God or Jesus wants or wills. Because they don't know.

And Besides how could an all perfect being (God) want or need anything? What would Jesus need from anyone?

Even though I know nothing of what goes on in the mind in those who art in Heaven I have an idea that is has something to do with self-love, love of neighbor and love of God. I can not imagine anything else since that is the whole gospel of Jesus.

Yeshua, Yahoshua, Joshua, Jeshua, Jesus, what difference does it make? Still the same guy.

I don't know what his hangup is about the name.....and how he cannot be a christian..but that seems to be his "thing"....
Old 09-05-2013, 11:25 PM
Scattered Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
There was the point and.........woops.........there it goes!!!
Old 09-05-2013, 11:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Apparently god does lol.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:52 PM
Scattered Sheep

I'm tryin' to make a decision, between laughter and tears, I know, I know, why don't you ask Him!
Old 09-05-2013, 11:55 PM
Scattered Sheep

Quote:
Hundreds, maybe thousands of people were crucified on crosses in that era....Did they all die for your sins?
Like I said here comes the point and ......................there it goes. bye bye point.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:51 AM
Juanita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattered Sheep
I'm tryin' to make a decision, between laughter and tears, I know, I know, why don't you ask Him!

I often laugh and cry at the same time.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:52 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattered Sheep
Like I said here comes the point and ......................there it goes. bye bye point.

grab it quick----oops......
Old 10-05-2013, 06:10 AM
Master
I wish most people knew how to read the New Testament the right way.

For the historical perspectives I suggest John Dominic Crossan. He is very controversial but very Truthful. He won't dish you any ****.

For a mystical spiritual perspective I suggest Richard Rohr and Eckhart Tolle.

Jesus never said he would die for everyone to go off their merry way and say- "hey look my sins are washed away!"

After he left the planet his disciples and followers tried to make sense of this. He came up with the "scapegoat/lamb" scenario.

Historically Jesus was actually worse than the violent rebels like his other messianic contemporaries. Jesus had a franchise that could influence the Romans and Pharisees to lose their connection. The Pharisees and southern Judeans benefited from the "buying and selling economy" in the Temple. Jesus hated this ****. In fact it caused his to unleash a violent, yes violent act of fury. Jesus wasn't perfect. He had a temper when needed. And we all need a little anger to tell people to get lost sometimes! The Pharisees felt like Jesus was tearing apart the Judean community and their peace with Roman tax collectors. So they killed Jesus to avoid a larger persecution. - Jesus became a scapegoat for Israel. The Pharisees kinda enacted a ritual when they accused him. They purposely spat on him, tore out his hair, and did things they would do to the Goat every year.

But for his followers Jesus was the lamb. He was giving up his relatively innocent self-image (lamb) for a grander consciousness. Basically the false self needs to be sacrificed in order for the True Self to be born. Now not everyone's crucifixion is going to be Jesus' crucifixion, but were ALL gonna get crucified in some way in our lives. We might as well take the right attitude that Jesus took to allow a greater part of ourselves to be Born out of that transformation/suffering. For a woman to have a newborn she always suffers to some degree.

I wish Christians knew that Jesus didn't take away anything. If he did then Israel and the Temple and all his people wouldn't have been destroyed by Rome. If he took away anything there would be no wars, hate, violence, etc. Jesus simply died with our sins. He really suffered the dark side of human nature when they put him through hell on the cross. But instead of cursing them back, he forgave them. So he brought good out of evil.

How did that message get so distorted over 2000 years?????????????

There was no grand divine scheme. Jesus did some violent things in the temple and said many offensive things that got him killed. He "took" on their anger/violence. But it was his own doing. I am not saying these individuals are like Jesus but they were surely inspired. - Harvey Milk did this, Martin Luther King did this, Ghandi, etc/
Old 10-05-2013, 09:40 AM
Scattered Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
I wish most people knew how to read the New Testament the right way.

For the historical perspectives I suggest John Dominic Crossan. He is very controversial but very Truthful. He won't dish you any ****.

For a mystical spiritual perspective I suggest Richard Rohr and Eckhart Tolle.

Jesus never said he would die for everyone to go off their merry way and say- "hey look my sins are washed away!"

After he left the planet his disciples and followers tried to make sense of this. He came up with the "scapegoat/lamb" scenario.

Historically Jesus was actually worse than the violent rebels like his other messianic contemporaries. Jesus had a franchise that could influence the Romans and Pharisees to lose their connection. The Pharisees and southern Judeans benefited from the "buying and selling economy" in the Temple. Jesus hated this ****. In fact it caused his to unleash a violent, yes violent act of fury. Jesus wasn't perfect. He had a temper when needed. And we all need a little anger to tell people to get lost sometimes! The Pharisees felt like Jesus was tearing apart the Judean community and their peace with Roman tax collectors. So they killed Jesus to avoid a larger persecution. - Jesus became a scapegoat for Israel. The Pharisees kinda enacted a ritual when they accused him. They purposely spat on him, tore out his hair, and did things they would do to the Goat every year.

But for his followers Jesus was the lamb. He was giving up his relatively innocent self-image (lamb) for a grander consciousness. Basically the false self needs to be sacrificed in order for the True Self to be born. Now not everyone's crucifixion is going to be Jesus' crucifixion, but were ALL gonna get crucified in some way in our lives. We might as well take the right attitude that Jesus took to allow a greater part of ourselves to be Born out of that transformation/suffering. For a woman to have a newborn she always suffers to some degree.

I wish Christians knew that Jesus didn't take away anything. If he did then Israel and the Temple and all his people wouldn't have been destroyed by Rome. If he took away anything there would be no wars, hate, violence, etc. Jesus simply died with our sins. He really suffered the dark side of human nature when they put him through hell on the cross. But instead of cursing them back, he forgave them. So he brought good out of evil.

How did that message get so distorted over 2000 years?????????????

There was no grand divine scheme. Jesus did some violent things in the temple and said many offensive things that got him killed. He "took" on their anger/violence. But it was his own doing. I am not saying these individuals are like Jesus but they were surely inspired. - Harvey Milk did this, Martin Luther King did this, Ghandi, etc/
I disagree, try this perspective and start here....sorry about the words running together, but it is a start.

1 In the beginning Elohim created the heavens and the earth. 2 And the earth came to be a formless and empty, and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of Elohim was mov-ing on the face of the waters. 3And Elohim said, “Let light come tobe,” and light came to be. 4 And Elohim saw the light, that it was good. And Elohim separated the light from the darkness. 5And Elohim called the light ‘day’ andthe darkness He called ‘night.’ And therecame to be evening and there came to bemorning, the first day. 6And Elohim said, “Let an expansecome to be in the midst of the waters, andlet it separate the waters from the waters.” 7And Elohim made the expanse, andseparated the waters which were under theexpanse from the waters which were abovethe expanse. And it came to be so. 8And Elohim called the expanse ‘heav-ens.’ And there came to be evening andthere came to be morning, the second day. 9And Elohim said, “Let the waters underthe heavens be gathered together into oneplace, and let the dry land appear.” And itcame to be so. 10And Elohim called the dry land ‘earth,’and the collection of the waters He called‘seas.’ And Elohim saw that it was good. 11And Elohim said, “Let the earth bringforth grass, the plant that yields seed, andthe fruit tree that yields fruit according toits kind, whose seed is in itself, on theearth.” And it came to be so. 12And the earth brought forth grass, theplant that yields seed according to its kind,and the tree that yields fruit, whose seed isin itself according to its kind. And Elohimsaw that it was good. 13And there came to be evening and therecame to be morning, the third day. 14And Elohim said, “Let lights come tobe in the expanse of the heavens to sepa-rate the day from the night, and let them befor signs and appointed times, and for daysand years, 15and let them be for lights in the expanseof the heavens to give light on the earth.”And it came to be so. 16And Elohim made two great lights: thegreater light to rule the day, and the lesserlight to rule the night, and the stars. 17And Elohim set them in the expanse ofthe heavens to give light on the earth, 18and to rule over the day and over thenight, and to separate the light from thedarkness. And Elohim saw that it wasgood. 19And there came to be evening and therecame to be morning, the fourth day. 20And Elohim said, “Let the waters teemwith shoals of living creatures