Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 11-02-2013, 02:44 AM
skeptical

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
No, what I found is that i needed to believe that there was more to life, to me, than there is. I'm not a whiteshaman and I don't believe or not believe. I just see the need to believe and I see the lack of things like Divine, spirit, source, soul, purpose in real life...except in the mind.....which is quite powerful.
I'm open to anything but at the same time I am observing with a clear mind free from beliefs and in doing so.....sorry but no thng called intuition from something called 'divine'.
I do see the desire to see that though.
Nice to hear from you

Actually, how we perceive isn't as far about as you might think: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=43990 There has been more written since in the original blog on another board as this thread went unnoticed. I started with no preconceptions, just opened my awareness and sensed. For those who have a divine in their reality, it would make sense that such intuitive knowledge flows from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
I guess you see those with such beliefs as intuition and the divine as deluding themselves then? I am a realist and very keen not to delude myself. I don't believe in intuition, I KNOW it directly from experience. I can't say for certain where it comes from - it's just abundantly clear that it is not of my own making, i.e. from myself. (So, in that sense, I do have a flexible belief that the source may be from the divine or my higher self).

I wonder how you would appraise my experience of gaining intuitive knowledge from the divine, i.e. outside the limitations of my mind? When I can't find an answer to something, I occasionally get profound knowledge by being receptive, with an empty mind and gaining access to info that had not occurred to me, that is accurate and always profound.

I seem to fall in the middle of you and white shaman on how it's viewed.
Old 11-02-2013, 04:21 AM
Envolucris

Oh my god, the best thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeptical
Well, I do need a term....I perceive no separation between higher self and self, it all just is a part of me. I sense I am so much more than just my body and brain; I make full use of what I sense too. Heck, I am not even sure where the surface leaves off and the rest begins, or where the layers underneath separate. While they are separate areas, they work together as one. Think of it as currents in an ocean with my whole being that ocean. For me, intuition can use all of it.

Absolutely! To me, intuition is a natural cognitive function that is far more easily experienced by those who are neurologically sensitive. Everyone utilizes it, but those born with an intrinsic 'openness' are far more likely to be aware.

Call it by whatever name you like, intuition to me is simply the brain's innate capacity to process its universal existence. It manifests for me as a sense of 'me' simply being an ephemeral blip within vastness of one. There is no beginning or end, per se—just a single seamless unspeakable something.
Old 11-02-2013, 04:25 AM
skeptical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envolucris
Oh my god, the best thread.

Absolutely! To me, intuition is a natural cognitive function that is far more easily experienced by those who are neurologically sensitive. Everyone utilize it, but those born with an intrinsic 'openness' are far more likely to be aware.

Call it by whatever name you like, intuition to me is simply the brain's innate capacity to process its universal existence. It manifests for me as a sense of 'me' simply being a ephemeral blip within vastness of one. There is no beginning or end, per seā€”just a single seamless unspeakable something.

...seamless unmistakable self... I agree about the neurological sensitivity too. Note the link in my signature. It's more than just the brain, I directly perceive my energy self too, can sense through it, use it to connect and interact with the larger outer whole.
Old 11-02-2013, 04:43 AM
Envolucris

Quote:
...seamless unmistakable self... I agree about the neurological sensitivity too. Note the link in my signature. It's more than just the brain, I directly perceive my energy self too, can sense through it, use it to connect and interact with the larger outer whole.

Whoa.

My god, the internet's a small world. Say hi to Nucky for me!
Old 11-02-2013, 07:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Well, I do need a term....I perceive no separation between higher self and self, it all just is a part of me. I sense I am so much more than just my body and brain; I make full use of what I sense too. Heck, I am not even sure where the surface leaves off and the rest begins, or where the layers underneath separate. While they are separate areas, they work together as one. Think of it as currents in an ocean with my whole being that ocean. For me, intuition can use all of it.

So for you, intuition is that putting together of it all from surface information and feeling like you've got it. It's just that sometimes you filled in the holes with assumptions so it came out wrong?

Refreshing!!!

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 11-02-2013, 07:53 AM
skeptical

Thanks Saggi; intuition is surprisingly hard to put into words, lol.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Thanks Saggi; intuition is surprisingly hard to put into words, lol.

Intuition can be used to 'read' what you mean though, Skeptical

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 11-02-2013, 08:06 AM
skeptical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggi
Intuition can be used to 'read' what you mean though, Skeptical

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
But of course!
Old 11-02-2013, 08:26 AM
Master
Quote:

How do you see and use intuition?

Hi skeptical :)
For me, intuition is inner knowing and is always accurate in relation to ones personal experience ... the private oracle, as it has sometimes been called. It can be very fleeting, or it can stand very still.

A dud result, I feel, is most often based on/derived from thought, and, when related to others, built on assumptions ...
Old 11-02-2013, 08:50 AM
Master
I think it's being used to imply something like 'what I say is most certainly true because it comes from intuition'.

Quote:
The intuitive process is so integral to who I am, that subconscious process that has access to so much more information from all sources than the conscious does. Through it I filter most everything, from empathic readings to the creative process to linking ideas in a free form style to....

Yet it has come to my attention that many see the intuitive process differently, what they mean by it differs.

How do you define it and in what ways do you see it being used?