Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 08-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Master
Dalai Lama is The Man.

I went to hear him speak once. He's a very sensible man.

I admire spiritual leaders who are proactive and effective in benefiting people. He's probably the only spiritual leader who rubs elbows with world leaders and brings kindness and compassion into global politics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cDddFNyv5I&feature=related

The practical way simply makes sense... and The Dalai Lama just speaks of simple human things which are easily applicable to life, it's not high philosophy, it's just what to do to enrich this life and the lives of others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRZquHFePR0
Old 08-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Master
I agree, he is a beautiful man. I don't even have to hear him speak to sense that. Just like you mentioned above Gem (I can't view the links at work), one of his famous quotes.......he says that his brain and his heart are his temples and that kindness is his philosophy.
That is awesome!
You have motivated me to start listening to his webcasts at home when I have free time. I noticed them on his website.
Thank you for that and thank you for you Gem, as you reflect to the world what I love and admire about the Dalai Lama.
Blessings, James
Old 08-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Sundialed

your going to love me for this, check this out, it's a 4 part series with each lecture over 2 hours long, it's high quality, very recent, and free, very very good. the 4 lectures are:

Compassion: the art of happiness - public teaching, conversation
The Buddha of Compassion (Chenrezi), blessing and initiation
An introduction to Tibetan Buddhism Part 1
An Introduction to Tibetan Buddhism Part 2

http://en.esoguru.com/dalai_lama#events
Old 08-03-2011, 06:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiotic Self
your going to love me for this, check this out, it's a 4 part series with each lecture over 2 hours long, it's high quality, very recent, and free, very very good. the 4 lectures are:

Compassion: the art of happiness - public teaching, conversation
The Buddha of Compassion (Chenrezi), blessing and initiation
An introduction to Tibetan Buddhism Part 1
An Introduction to Tibetan Buddhism Part 2

http://en.esoguru.com/dalai_lama#events

Thank you Symbolic self.......Awesome link......Now....You Da Man!

Blessings...James
Old 08-03-2011, 06:49 PM
tragblack

I also enjoy the Dalai Lama... but I worry about him getting his intentions mixed up or warped by "world leaders," or "world leaders" using his image to garner sympathy or support...
Old 09-03-2011, 12:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tragblack
I also enjoy the Dalai Lama... but I worry about him getting his intentions mixed up or warped by "world leaders," or "world leaders" using his image to garner sympathy or support...

The Dalai Lama brings his message of compassion, forgiveness, tolerance, contentment, self discipline and universal responsibility to the world stage... to the leaders of nations.

He is tirelessly working.Traveling everywhere and public speaking bringing very simple advice people can adopt to enrich their lives and the lives of each other.

Polititions will gain milage by meeting the Dalai Dama but he isn't going to Oprah to promote himself or using celebrity endorsements.

Never worry... it's a good thing the Dalai Lama is good for western politics.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:28 AM
Sundialed

Hey Gem did you gather any information from his visit with Obama? How it went or anything?
Old 09-03-2011, 05:28 AM
Sundialed

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Thank you Symbolic self.......Awesome link......Now....You Da Man!

Blessings...James

no problem brother
Old 09-03-2011, 11:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiotic Self
Hey Gem did you gather any information from his visit with Obama? How it went or anything?

But what we can do, as flawed as we are, is still see God in other people, and do our best to help them find their own grace. That's what I strive to do, that's what I pray to do every day. Barak Obama

I believe that the very purpose of life is to be happy. From the very core of our being, we desire contentment. In my own limited experience I have found that the more we care for the happiness of others, the greater is our own sense of well-being. Cultivating a close, warmhearted feeling for others automatically puts the mind at ease. It helps remove whatever fears or insecurities we may have and gives us the strength to cope with any obstacles we encounter. It is the principal source of success in life. Since we are not solely material creatures, it is a mistake to place all our hopes for happiness on external development alone. The key is to develop inner peace. Dalai lama

Old 10-03-2011, 03:12 PM
Master
Dalai Lama is stepping down from his political position as leader of the Tibetan Government in Exile.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fgw-india-dalai-lama-20110311,0,1889100.story