Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 06-06-2016, 09:40 PM
Master
Sensitivities to the "Energies of a Place" or Feeling a bump!

Hi everyone......

Since childhood I have had a sensitivity to the energy of wherever I happen to be.... call it "Sensitivity to the energy of places"

When I was young, I didn't really understand it and often ignored the senses i got going somewhere new...as a teenager it became a bit more pronounced....as an adult...it is a sense I can feel anytime. Often involuntarily.

This is not new....I have heard about or read stories about old time mountain men or woodsman who used to call it "feeling a bump" when they where somewhere that made them feel strange.....

A few examples: A few years ago I went to Graceland...the energy of that place just felt...weird! i felt kinda weirded out the whole time i was there!
Really strange energy.....kind of like something old but unfinished...like lingering fading energy... off all the place I've been...Graceland is the one I have the hardest time explaining.....

Mission Espiritu Santo...Goliad TX......an old Spanish mission going back to the 1700's...it was founded by Franciscan Friars who's job was to convert the locals to Christianity....as a rule the local "heathen Indians were not terribly interested in Christianity...the one's that did go there went basically for the food that was handed out

I sense nothing but bad at this place! Fear...death...sevitude ...very negative energy! Its always bothered me because...being a history nut...its such an interesting place.....but the energy creeps me out every. single. time!

San Jacinto Battle grounds....just east of Houston TX......the final battle for Texas independence here between General Sam Houston's Texian army and the Mexican army of Mexican Dictator Jose Lopez De Santa Anna lasted just 17 minutes.....

The Texian army...enraged by the slaughter of Texan soldiers taken prisioner at the battles of Goliad and the Alamo ambushed Santa Anna's army at 4 pm on April 21st, 1936

More than 750 of the approx 1200 Mexican soldiers were killed out right and 350 were taken prisoner ...this very bloody battle was a turning point not just for Texas but the United states as it led to the treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo and literally made America what it is today......

......And yet inspite of the death that took place here...the pure turbulence of this event...the energy of this place is soooo calm....sooo peaceful! Tranquil even! Its as if this great mothering battle had to happen in exactly the way it did and when it was over things were right with the universe......

So...those of you who find that you can sense the energy or general feel of a place...please post your stories and thought about this phenomenon here!
Old 08-06-2016, 05:24 PM
Guide
Ah yes, lots of those places here in Texas. I haven't been to them any time recently, but I know that even just driving toward central-west texas (and further westward) will result in feeling many ominous and odd things.

I unfortunately don't remember those places, though; I remember Wichita Falls feeling strange, as well as parts of Abilene (in or outside of Abilene there wan old abandoned tiny ghost town, probably no more than two building but it was massively unnerving, one of those buildings)

I wonder if there's any similar sort of trucker lore? They've got a lot of it, it seems.

The town I live in currently and grew up in-- Watauga, Texas-- has always felt extremely bizarre to me. There's a feeling of deep unrest. Many parts of it are calm and normal, but my sense is that there was a horrific slaughter in one of the Native american battles (but I can never find out details, as Texas history sites like to conveniently gloss over such atrocities).

But yes, this is a major thing for me as well! I find it can happen even in non-historical public places and buildings, too. Suddenly there will be a shift (comparable to an air pressure drop in a plane in terms of how it feels physically) and I'll have the need to leave right away.

I drove through Kansas once and it felt pretty strange. Definitely a "bump". I kept imagining peculiar little elemental spirits living under the hills; there was always the feeling of eyes watching, even while within a car. Honestly, the American south and midwest is just really strange in general. (New Orleans I can't pin down even remotely because it's practically sentient and full to the brim with residual energies and memories.

Ohh, forgot to mention-- churches in the south. Not all, but some of them. Baptist ones usually. There's a bad, bad energy in many I've been in. (Usually in the back hallways and in the bible study rooms.)
Old 08-06-2016, 09:46 PM
Master
Watauga, Texas!......Yep! i know that area well! business takes me to the DFW area pretty regularly.

Oh man....I know exactly what you mean about Kansas! The whole state! Biz sent me to the Wichita area a couple of months ago....felt kinda odd the whole way there and back. .....and good lord is it FLAT!!!!

I know what you mean about churches too....not all of them....but some some really creep me out...more often then not...its Catholic ones.

In New Orleans....The old Saint Louis Cathedral next to Jackson Square feels....just....really old energy. Not bad but kinda faded like.....

I gotta admit that although the energy of the French Quarter is sort of weird feeling...I like it! It's like old spirits are whispering....go nuts! Have fun! It's a place that fun or not makes me want to keep looking behind me....for what...I don't know....but that urge is definitely there!
Old 08-06-2016, 09:49 PM
Master
The best and happiest energy I've ever felt????

Laying naked on Lorient beach on St Barts at midnight! Never wanted to leave!
Old 24-06-2016, 10:58 PM
Suspended

I can't stand in a place with a lot of residual energy for long. Pounding migraine, regardless of the weather, starts right between the eyes within minutes.

Forts, graveyards, etc.

I like forests, mountains, anywhere where I can get away from people. Most people annoy me. Too me-me-me, now-now-now always seeking immediate gratification in whatever form it comes & screw everyone else.

And though religion isn't important to family, no not new agers just too educated / well travelled to be sucked into the hype [my father's mother attended a church where the "good people" were so desperate to leave they'd nearly run another over in the parking lot after session]. Wasn't even baptised.

And yet I like churches. No not the widely used ones. I like the older ones, the ill used, the ones sold as museums, etc. or abandoned. New or overly used churches well they "stink" - too much residual energy from people. The spiritual centers friends have dragged me to, I've found they "stink" worse.

I prefer quiet.

There was, when I was younger, an old stone church in my region. Used to be a massive thing. Like the old English 1600s churches, same design. It burnt twice & then the lack of funds meant it had been abandoned for a near on century.

I remember driving by & stopping one day. Parked the car in the overgrown lot, picked my way through the debris, and went inside. There wasn't much left. The windows had long since been blown out, the roof was long gone. Really all there was the walls, the pitted floor, and a few broken & charred pews. Rat droppings & the remains of some bird's nest.

Sat down on the raised steps, were the priest's podium would be, for about an hour. Trying to imagine how a place that had stood for 300 years, had overseen countless generations in the neighboring area, had just been abandoned.

Spent three hours there. Tried to clean up a bit. The energy well surreal is the only word that comes to mind. Serene doesn't do it justice. I think the place liked that someone still had a care beyond themselves.

As I said, I'm not religious. Have no patience for it. Never have, never will. But there's a hill bluff, leading into the mountains, that overlooks the town and from there you can see this old church. When the city tore the church down three years later I watched from that bluff & well, yeah I'll admit it, cried.

And in writing this I am glad my roommate is out so she can't ask me why I am sitting on the computer all teary eyed.

But the destruction of that church was a not so subtle reminder of something I had long since decided about the human species. Such a concept isn't flattering if one can't guess so I won't be repeating it.
Old 14-07-2016, 03:28 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
Hi everyone......

Since childhood I have had a sensitivity to the energy of wherever I happen to be.... call it "Sensitivity to the energy of places"

When I was young, I didn't really understand it and often ignored the senses i got going somewhere new...as a teenager it became a bit more pronounced....as an adult...it is a sense I can feel anytime. Often involuntarily.

This is not new....I have heard about or read stories about old time mountain men or woodsman who used to call it "feeling a bump" when they where somewhere that made them feel strange.....

A few examples: A few years ago I went to Graceland...the energy of that place just felt...weird! i felt kinda weirded out the whole time i was there!
Really strange energy.....kind of like something old but unfinished...like lingering fading energy... off all the place I've been...Graceland is the one I have the hardest time explaining.....

Mission Espiritu Santo...Goliad TX......an old Spanish mission going back to the 1700's...it was founded by Franciscan Friars who's job was to convert the locals to Christianity....as a rule the local "heathen Indians were not terribly interested in Christianity...the one's that did go there went basically for the food that was handed out

I sense nothing but bad at this place! Fear...death...sevitude ...very negative energy! Its always bothered me because...being a history nut...its such an interesting place.....but the energy creeps me out every. single. time!

San Jacinto Battle grounds....just east of Houston TX......the final battle for Texas independence here between General Sam Houston's Texian army and the Mexican army of Mexican Dictator Jose Lopez De Santa Anna lasted just 17 minutes.....

The Texian army...enraged by the slaughter of Texan soldiers taken prisioner at the battles of Goliad and the Alamo ambushed Santa Anna's army at 4 pm on April 21st, 1936

More than 750 of the approx 1200 Mexican soldiers were killed out right and 350 were taken prisoner ...this very bloody battle was a turning point not just for Texas but the United states as it led to the treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo and literally made America what it is today......

......And yet inspite of the death that took place here...the pure turbulence of this event...the energy of this place is soooo calm....sooo peaceful! Tranquil even! Its as if this great mothering battle had to happen in exactly the way it did and when it was over things were right with the universe......

So...those of you who find that you can sense the energy or general feel of a place...please post your stories and thought about this phenomenon here!
So did you feel like Elvis was still there at Graceland? I have this picture I would like to show you from my trip to Graceland, but I don't know how to send pics.
Old 26-07-2016, 07:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELVISLOVER
So did you feel like Elvis was still there at Graceland? I have this picture I would like to show you from my trip to Graceland, but I don't know how to send pics.

I just don't know if Elvis' spirit runs restless though Graceland or not....just that energy wise....it is the single most strange feeling place I've ever been.....it just has a weird and restless energy to it....certain areas ...this feeling was stronger... boarding on uncomfortable to be there......

The first floor bedroom to the right off the main entry....they don't actually let you go in there during the tour....you just get to look in the doorway....but that one seemed particularly strong....seems like I remember hearing the tour guide say that had been Elvis' parents bedroom when they were alive.......

Just standing on the walkway waiting my turn to go in the front door...I could feel it from there!

The kitchen area...which looks just like it did in the early 1970's....complete with a gold refrigerator and bar stools with vinyl seats.....was the one area that felt fairly normal and happy........

In spite of this...I'd go back.....it is just such an interesting place!

BTW.....click on FAQ and it will run you through how to post a picture...its not hard if you have it on your computer...you just upload it from your computer to the forum and then post it.

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 19-10-2016, 12:12 AM
Master
I've lived in the countryside a lot, and I've lived in towns and smallish cities. I've lived in large cities for only about five years, total.

When I was living in Vancouver, BC (on the Pacific coast, western Canada) for a certain stretch, I once had an appointment to meet a guy at a particular address. I walked there and as I ambled into the neighborhood I felt distinctly that the neighborhood was low in vitality and creativity, if what I'm saying comes across with some sort of meaning. There was nothing about the vintage or condition of its homes or its little business mall that gave cues to this. Just "a vibe".

It seemed to me that the creative and intelligent guy that I met with that day was somehow in the wrong place for actualizing his aims. My observations over a period of months after the meeting seemed to bear this out.
Old 19-10-2016, 03:34 PM
Newbie ;)

Gettysburg is a very big spot for me to feel energy. The feeling driving into Gettysburg was such sadness, very heavy, hard to breathe. There was a new age shop there. It was full of meanness. The energy coming off of the salespeople was scary. I picked up an athame and went to "another place". The person I was with had to pull me out of there. We haven't been back since.

Another example is a park close to my house. I felt an energy and then heard someone running at me from behind. I turned around to stop them and no one was there.
Old 19-10-2016, 04:34 PM
Master
West of Terlingua

Energy wise...this is one of my favorite places.....It just feels immense and powerful and calm and tranquil....and the feeling just goes on and on and on....

Attachment 2294

This is the Rio Grande River that separates Texas from Mexico....where I took this pic...I am standing in Texas and looking at Mexico......while out here I have literally watched illegals crossing into the U.S (and to think there are those in our government who don't believe we have a massive problem with illegal aliens...IDIOTS!)

I love this spot! I've been coming out to West Texas for decades to fish the river and hunt the Wiley West Texas Dessert Mule deer and have walked down here and bow fished for supper many times.....just sitting and soaking up all that energy!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!

Last edited by Lucky 1 : 11-09-2017 at 10:12 PM.