Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 25-09-2011, 07:13 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg
I've done a lot of reading on this and it seems to be a unanimous decision that early morning is the best time to meditate, as this sets you up for that, plus you're "thinking" mind hasn't kicked in yet or whatever. I was wandering what you guys thought though? For me personally when I meditate in the early morning it just feels as though I'm going back to sleep, despite the fact I sit up and don't use a backrest.

The best time to meditate is my time not her time, not his time, not our time, not someone`s time or anybody`s time. If your wife tells you to pray the Holy Rosary with her in silence, you should not join her. Praying to the One up there is a personal thing like talking with your boss inside his office while his secretary is listening to what both of you are saying. It simply distracts your boss`focus on what kind of information you are telling him. Instead of intently hearing what your boss is saying as a reaction to what you said earlier that as your boss drives home his point probably both of you are also watching the secretary`s newly manicured finger nails or newly bought dress, etc. There is really no need to select what time to meditate whether its in the morning or evening. It wont matter either if you are well-rested or tired. If one mediates with the One up there on how your secretary`s boss should be dealt with of letting her know you desired her painted finger nails should be red not black is something worthy of pondering? You meditate on the color & design of the pair of shoes she wears, or the designer bag she placed on her desk, etc. Meditation is simply an act of what your brain is doing at the very moment you decided to keep your mouth closed.
Old 25-09-2011, 01:45 PM
Shining Star

Silver Birch was once asked this question.... "When is the best time of day to pray or meditate?"

"In the morning, when the sun rises across the hills and birds sing."

"In the silence of the morning and in its beauty, when the dew lies upon the flower shalt thou come to me and I shall dwell with thee. In the evening when the lark up in the sky trill forth its last note, for the last time stretch its wing on high, when the moon shall rise and the sun shall dip beneath the hills in all its splendour, then in that hour of concentration I will be with thee."