Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 07-01-2022, 04:02 PM
Ascender
The two (or more) kinds of meditation

Hi all!

I just wanted to have your opinion and experience on that.
I've mostly meditated cross-legged burmese style with spine very straight. I have my Kundalini fully awaken and achieve the Samadhi concentration.

When I meditate in this position, I usually stop after 45 minutes, usually bursting in laughter or with a message like go move your *** in the world that's where life is!

Recently I've experimented a bit the couch potato (!) meditation. Not couch potato, but a much more relaxed meditation.
And ... it's like lucid dreaming. It's fun but I have the feeling "it's not my world".

The astral world is thicker than the 1st one. In the 1st one I rarely have visions, but it's much brighter and lighter.
Depending on the sources, as far as I could see, we can have diverging opinions on how long we should spend time in the astral, but the goal is to move on to higher planes.

So, if you wonder why you don't have visions while meditating, it could be because you're too high!
Opinions and shared experiences are welcome :)
Old 07-01-2022, 04:18 PM
Master

Meditation

Loosely meditation is focused attention. And by that any pondering transcendental pensive thinking is meditation.

However as a disciplined tool for versatile growth , sitting straight with a good object of attention(prefrably the deity u worship),intense love , relaxed mind,pre-determined place n time are recommended.30 to 40 mins of uninterrupted focused intense concentration is really good. Very few can do it over long term.
Old 07-01-2022, 06:58 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Very few can do it over long term.
I'm sure it's "easily" possible for the young ones.
Old 07-01-2022, 08:43 PM
Molearner

The immediate effects of meditation can be a distraction. The long term effects can produce genuine change…..just my observation…..:)
Old 07-01-2022, 09:11 PM
Ok...since I am a seasoned, old timer at meditation may I correct (or if that offends someone), may I 'comment' on
what meditation is as I learned it from my Indian Guru.)
It is not contemplation -thinking on something - that is, oddly enough called: 'Contemplation").
( Omg I make myself laugh!)
Meditation is perfect concentration on a perfect thing. (Not a candle or
mantra, but, something that does not end, never ends.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-01-2022, 09:44 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Meditation is perfect concentration on a perfect thing. (Not a candle or mantra, but, something that does not end, never ends.)
Sounds like resting in awareness with one point of clarification on perfect concentration. Would you consider perfect concentration being so perfect it requires no effort whatsoever, therefore it's the same as effortlessly resting in awareness?

What better perfect thing to attend than Awareness?
Old 07-01-2022, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Sounds like resting in awareness with one point of clarification on perfect concentration. Would you consider perfect concentration being so perfect it requires no effort whatsoever, therefore it's the same as effortlessly resting in awareness?
What better perfect thing to attend than Awareness?
Sure.
Better than a finite thing trying to use that to get to the Infinite.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-01-2022, 08:24 AM
Ascender
Thank you for your reactions. :)
I should have mentioned that I meditate without intention, indeed.
Old 01-02-2022, 05:03 AM
Newbie ;)

Meditation is not a technique like many people believe. In Sanskrit meditation is called Dhyana. Dhyana is the last step in spiritual Self Realization. Dhyana is done by focusing on the last thought, mostly OM (AUM) mantra, to the exclusion of all other thoughts to get established in Self Realization or God-consciousness. Like any other practice, meditation needs preparation through practices known as Karma, Bhakti, and Gnana. One must slide smoothly into meditation through proper preparation, not force ourselves beyond our capacity to be in a state of thoughtlessness.
Old 01-02-2022, 05:53 AM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogadunia
Like any other practice, meditation needs preparation through practices known as Karma, Bhakti, and Gnana. One must slide smoothly into meditation through proper preparation, not force ourselves beyond our capacity to be in a state of thoughtlessness.
Well, welcome here!