Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 11-02-2016, 12:52 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
That is definitely worth a thought. Good point. And you inspired me to consider this:
So where do we draw the line...? (Maybe there IS no 'line'?) ....thinking about those who damage their heart by diet or too much sitting in their job, which they need to do to provide for their dependants....those who choose to be mountaineers, or test pilots, those who love surfing, know the risks, but a wave takes them one day, or those women who refuse chemotherapy to protect their unborn child.....
So many millions of ways to cause our own physical passing!
Are we all meant to sit on a fluffy cushion and say "Om" all day, and drink water and eat only raw food sparingly?

So where actually IS that 'line' which says it is suicide or not?? And are all these people (many many millions of people) reaping "a suicide's dire fate" on the other side? I think not!

Yes, we are here to experience life in all its many forms, with all its many challenges. I think when we all cross, it will be a case of "Phew! You did well with that lot! That was tough. Good job done!"
And for those who couldn't stay the full course (actually how do WE know it wasn't their 'full course'?)....there will be the same loving acceptance of a life in Matter with its challenges and hardships, which some find difficult. NO harshness! NO judgement!
Some of the finest most elevated Souls have experienced all kinds of things in the Aeons of their many lives.
And possibly..."There is another voluntary descent into Matter -if you want one? To have another go? Do you want to? If not, there is no hurry. Earth concepts of Time mean nothing to us here. You can do exactly what you desire to do, in your own way and when you're ready."

Both good points, Burntfruit.

I think it all goes back to the vibrational frequency of the soul. There are a lot of people, who might be slowly killing themselves....but do not feel shame, remorse, or guilt for providing for their children, or living their lives the way they choose.....there are even suicides who do not feel these negative emotions, they might be suffering from an illness or physical pain that they believe will take the burden from their family and themselves if they commit suicide... Like attract like...so they will go to the proper place or the level they are suppose to be on. Feelings are different than the soul...the soul is so much wiser, it remembers, and it knows everything...feelings are fleeting...they change with experience, time, change, wisdom....but the soul knows where it belongs accordingly. The soul doesnt feel shame, think about how many people have committed suicide in their past lives....probably most of us. In future incarnations...there could be consequences...like they might accumulate the pain they caused others, live through multiple deaths of children or parents, be abandoned as a child for one reason or another, be rejected by those who are afraid to get close to us in this life, or even the same trials that led to their suicide...and it could all be in one single incarnation.
Old 11-02-2016, 01:14 AM
Burntfruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
That is definitely worth a thought. Good point. And you inspired me to consider this:
So where do we draw the line...? (Maybe there IS no 'line'?) ....thinking about those who damage their heart by diet or too much sitting in their job, which they need to do to provide for their dependants....those who choose to be mountaineers, or test pilots, those who love surfing, know the risks, but a wave takes them one day, or those women who refuse chemotherapy to protect their unborn child.....
So many millions of ways to cause our own physical passing!
Are we all meant to sit on a fluffy cushion and say "Om" all day, and drink water and eat only raw food sparingly?

So where actually IS that 'line' which says it is suicide or not?? And are all these people (many many millions of people) reaping "a suicide's dire fate" on the other side? I think not!

Yes, we are here to experience life in all its many forms, with all its many challenges. I think when we all cross, it will be a case of "Phew! You did well with that lot! That was tough. Good job done!"
And for those who couldn't stay the full course (actually how do WE know it wasn't their 'full course'?)....there will be the same loving acceptance of a life in Matter with its challenges and hardships, which some find difficult. NO harshness! NO judgement!
Some of the finest most elevated Souls have experienced all kinds of things in the Aeons of their many lives.
And possibly..."There is another voluntary descent into Matter -if you want one? To have another go? Do you want to? If not, there is no hurry. Earth concepts of Time mean nothing to us here. You can do exactly what you desire to do, in your own way and when you're ready."

Both good points, Burntfruit.

Thanks Tobi, for taking to the time to reply to me and expanding on the points.

I wanted to post the Bill Hicks sketch - Its just a ride.

I think he really nails it there.
Old 11-02-2016, 02:01 AM
Suspended
Experiencer
These responses are nice and metaphysical, but as sometimes happens, ethics or karma-fruit is lost.

Living a suicidal life process is quite different from a single, deliberate, sudden act of killing self. Think of murder of another person as the same sort of act, yet focused on one's self. It is this ordinary meaning of the word as self-murder that Mr. Judge was writing about.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:58 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonfromnamek
I just am wondering does the act of suicide have an affect on the afterlife for someone. Life is a gift what does happen...

Suicide out of despair or depression is considered a very wrong move, as the conscious entity continues to exist even after the death of the physical body, but with even more restlessness,

despair and suffering , the very things he was trying to end with his forced death.

The soul also become more unconscious and have a stronger ego in the next birth. It would become much harder for such a one to be self-aware or mindful and transcend habitual karmic patterns. Such a one would have a karmic disposition to commit suicide in the next life or lives as well.

Euthanasia by the very elderly or heavily diseased does not fall under this, though. In such a case, one disposes off one's physical body which is not fit to perform the duties of life and end's one's life in a dignified manner.

There is a jain tradition called santhara wherein those who are very elderly and physically weak adopt voluntary fasting unto death.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 12-02-2016, 01:28 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
The Light is there for everyone and I have to feel that at times the Soul has to experience all kinds of ways we can pass to find that place of enlightenment.

Lynn,

Well stated. This is how I feel about it. I think this time around H took his life, and I was left to experience the survivor side of it. Not fun. But all apart of our soul growth.

We are love.
Old 12-02-2016, 01:40 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayLight1555
I would think that his loved ones should instead sympathize and understand and say: oh, good, you're out of pain now... instead of focusing on their own pain once he is gone and even blaming him for causing them that pain. It seems they are no better then. Caring about their own pain first and foremost.

Excellent post and excellent points. That reminds me of a quote I found after H died that addresses just that...

Khalil Gibran says it best, "Hard is the life for him who desires death but lives on for the sake of his beloved ones."

We are love.
Old 23-02-2016, 10:12 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

I believe suicide is a sin... And it will impact in a negative way on the future lifes of the soul
Old 25-03-2016, 04:28 AM
Suspended

I do not know what happens when we die...but for someone who has lost an acquaintance from suicide, I can not personally subscribe to the idea their soul is eternally damned because of taking their own life...

The very brief times I was physically with this person, he felt so calm, peaceful, and warm to me...

I remember the last time I interacted with him in the physical, I felt something was "off" about him...he seemed extremely distant, and not like his usual self...the atmosphere felt stifling despite the jovialness of the other people around us...I could not help but sense something was wrong...I didn't say much to him, but I remember we made frequent eye contact with one another...his eyes looked very pained and distressed to me when we made eye contact...as if he was trying to tell me something he could not express with words...

The next day I was chatting with him via Facebook chat and we had a very light hearted and humorous conversations...I forget exactly what we talked about but it was as if nothing was wrong with the world at all..

Then about 3 days later (I think?...) he took his life by hanging himself...I remember his Facebook profile said something about "drinking and playing guitar"....that was his last statement before he committed suicide...he was a gifted musician with the guitar...

Was life really so hard for you that you chose to end your life? Was this world so hard for you that you could not bear to live in the physical anymore?

Old 25-03-2016, 04:31 AM
bartholomew

The doctrine of eternal damnation is false. Suicides return to their soul groups as do we all. They rest and then study their life just past to discover mistakes. When the time right they return to try again. The goal is wisdom, not punishment.
Old 26-03-2016, 05:26 PM
Experiencer

When someone takes their own life or commits suicide, I don't believe that they go to hell. I believe that they go thru some type of transitional period and then are sent where they work out their problems and issues. Where that is, I don't know.

I've heard that some who had attempted suicide and have had near death experiences have had very unpleasant experiences compared to someone who got into an accident or someone who was ill and nearly died had experiences which for the most part were pleasant.