Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 19-10-2012, 11:47 PM
amy green

Sybilline - have you googled "escape the matrix"? Lots of links there (can't vouch to the quality) - worth perusing at least.
Old 19-10-2012, 11:49 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Sybilline... The illusion is what you believe you are from your past learning and experiences... but is not who you really are in essence.
Escaping the matrix is escaping the conditioning of the mind.
To do this be willing to let go of anything and everything you're holding onto or resisting, and practice consistently.

But will you follow your own advice and let go of these thoughts..

Quote:
The illusion is what you believe you are from your past learning and experiences... but is not who you really are in essence.
Escaping the matrix is escaping the conditioning of the mind.
...'cus you did say "everything"
Quote:
To do this be willing to let go of anything and everything you're holding onto or resisting, and practice consistently.
So if i hold onto thoughts and feelings that i love myself, your advice is i let those go?
Old 20-10-2012, 07:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain-Goat
Know yourself.

You took those words from outa my mouth . I agree . Absolutely . I chuckled at your story of when you cut the grass by the way hahah ..

x daz x
Old 20-10-2012, 07:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybilline
But Mountain-Goat, how do I know if the "Me" I know is indeed the right Me? And to go even further how do I experience the Me once I know it's the right Me?

Hi s.b.

At a point there will be nothing other than what you are that simply is . You will not even catch a glimpse of what this is because there will be nothing present nor someone present that is able to catch a reflection of such .

x dazzle x
Old 20-10-2012, 10:04 AM
spiritualized

“What you want also wants you.
If you seek the celestial, the celestial also seeks you.
There are no unanswered requests in the universe.”

— Vernon Howard

http://anewlife.org/

Three Keys to Understanding -

http://www.anewlife.org/html/three_keys.html

1. The world has nothing of real value to give you because it does not exist. Because it does not exist as a reality, because it is illusory, it has only illusory and worthless rewards for you. While employment and geography and people exist for your physical self and your social self, and are good for them, they cannot give benefits to your real spiritual nature which is complete in itself. It always has been complete and always will be, for it lives not in time but in eternity. In reality there is no individual who can win a thrill or a sense of worthiness from the everyday world. In a lost person, rewards or punishments from the world fall on the self-glorified self and cause it to vibrate. This vibration serves as a shaky idol which we eagerly worship for as long as the thrill lasts. But since the worshipper and his idol are the same thing — the same set of vibrations — the ending of the thrill of worshipping the idol causes self-panic; we feel as if we are fading away, that we will not be ourselves any more. The fear of the extinction of the invented self prevents us from seeing that the false self must fade away in order to experience true spiritual birth. Your work in all this is to notice the deceptive nature of your fear of not existing. And one way to do this is to notice how friends, news stories, rumors of doom, how they all try to plant fearful thoughts and feelings into your system. Here is what these people are doing: In order to give themselves a false sense of aliveness by making gloomy remarks, they have no conscience in making others feel the same false sense of doom. They are like mad musicians who demand that you dance to their insane music. Everything in this paragraph connects with the opening sentence, which is: The world has nothing of real value to give you because it does not exist.

2. You need not idolize or yearn for anyone. But you must see very deeply into this in order to discover your basic error. You really do not admire that man or love that woman. Unknowingly you admire and love your own thoughts and feelings about them. Having imitation strength and beauty inside yourself you project them outwardly and then deceive yourself into thinking that they reside inside that man or woman. You will get an endless series of pains and disappointment as long as you unconsciously approve of this kind of self-trickery. You feel the need for something — which in itself is right — but then wreck the solution by trying to get an answer from the same unintelligent mind that asked the original question. You can not and must not answer your own questions. You fail to see that you are doing this when you look outside yourself for wisdom or strength or guidance. You are like the king of a castle who falls off his horse while riding in the woods. In his dazed state he wanders into a cave, thinking it is his home, even while suffering from the cave's discomfort. As his head gradually clears, he remembers where he truly belongs. Then his action-in-understanding guides him back to the castle with its true security and comfort. You have forgotten who you really are. Truth itself will help you to remember.

3. Regarding acceptance and rejection, the day will come when neither word has any meaning to you. Such opposite states have meaning, false meaning, only to a divided mind, a mind looking to itself for a wholeness it will never be able to locate. Wholeness does not reside in thinking about wholeness, but in the lack of a need to think about wholeness. The king who has returned to his castle thinks neither about the castle nor the woods. To go a bit deeper into this, the spiritual castle has no geographical location on this earth. It does not exist in the woods or outside the woods — it exists above both, in a new and lofty world. This becomes clear when you see that a word is a word and nothing more. You need have no concern about being in a good light in the eyes of others. Only the thought — created self has such ambitions and the resulting anxieties. You cannot have either good light or bad light, for there is no individual self to receive it. Try handing either a bouquet of roses or of weeds to an imaginary person. It cannot be done. Only your unself can be truly Good, and that Goodness comes from God, Truth, Reality.
Old 20-10-2012, 11:01 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
You took those words from outa my mouth . .
What an odd saying...but then ifind a lot of saying rather odd.
Quote:
I agree Absolutely
It seems the logical foundation to work from.
Quote:
I chuckled at your story of when you cut the grass by the way hahah ..
~smiles~ gee tnx G-L...your'e the only one so far that has said anything.
Me mum thought i'd gone mad when she saw me laughing hysterically while mowing when i realized the story.
Old 20-10-2012, 11:37 AM
contentest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybilline
How can I escape the Matrix?
Let's say you are in a movie theater, and The Matrix is showing. But you have forgotten that you're watching a movie, because The Matrix is so damn good and you have become completely engrossed in it and you think you are Neo.

Neo climbs out a ten story window and you get vertigo because you are afraid to fall down, because you truly think you are Neo.

So Neo suddenly finds out that his world isn't real, he's in The Matrix. This is the point at which many spiritual seekers find themselves (myself admittedly included) - we think we know that the world isn't real, but actually it's Neo that supposedly knows this (to the extent that a fictional character can have knowledge), and we're sitting in the movie theater thinking we are him.

When you actually know that you're watching The Matrix on a screen, it doesn't matter what Neo knows about his world, because it's just a part of The Matrix anyway.

And The Matrix will still be playing, you'll just have a nicer experience with it because you don't have to be terrified that the agents are going to get you.

This is one interpretation anyway. What do I know really
Old 20-10-2012, 03:37 PM
Master
Sybilline:how do I know if the "Me" I know is indeed the right Me? And to go even further how do I experience the Me once I know it's the right Me?

The right You is silent and unboundaried... no thought and no form, only awareness.

Xan

Old 20-10-2012, 04:32 PM
Neville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Sybilline:how do I know if the "Me" I know is indeed the right Me? And to go even further how do I experience the Me once I know it's the right Me?

The right You is silent and unboundaried... no thought and no form, only awareness.

Xan

Where as the expressive you with limitations and who thinks and has a body form is the wrong you ?.

You don't half make your hand write some unutterable hogwash sometimes,
Old 20-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Master
Oh well, Neville... hogwash to some is pearls before swine to another.

The questioner used the term 'right you', I was simply responding in kind...
although you know I do recognize there is a 'false you'
and that other You with the 't' word.

Xan