Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 09-07-2013, 10:46 PM
Guide

if i knew magic in my past life, would it come natural now to try

Iv been told in past lives i was a witch..natural things always happen to me when i put intent behind it...iv read alot about it and i have been thinking about trying white magic. I am kind of scared to try a spell..but at the same time if it was natural to me, and in past lives mayb if i start il remember some things? How was it for the other natural witches to start?
Old 10-07-2013, 05:29 AM
Master

I couldn't wait to cast my first spell but I was lucky enough to have a very good teacher and mentor. Ya know, you don't necessarily have to be a Witch to work magic though, anyone can do it if they have a mind to - a big part of it is setting your intent - which apparently you're able to do.

You said you've been told that you were a Witch in a past life - who told you if you don't mind my asking? Was the person a practicing Witch? Do YOU think you were a Witch in a past life? You mentioned that you've done a lot of reading - a couple of books I would recommend are "A Witches' Bible" by Janet and Stewart Farrar'; "Traditional Witchcraft, A Cornish Book of Ways" by Gemma Gary; "The Black Toad" by Gemma Gary; and Judika Illes has a couple of spell books out that are pretty informative with LOTS of spells - "The Element Encyclopedia of 1000 Spells" and "The Element Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells".

You should be quite safe doing a spell or two but if you're going to work magic by calling on a deity you need to be careful which deity you invoke.

Jenny Crow
Old 16-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Experiencer

The hidden treasures, knowledge, and secrets lies in the darkness of the unconscious mind, where the ego lies.
Old 23-07-2013, 05:38 AM
Cellar door

Go ahead and try it and keep in mind that rituals and objects used in them are just tools and the real magic happens in your mind. Even without them we could still do magic and from the sounds of it you already are.

Quote:
natural things always happen to me when i put intent behind it
Old 14-09-2013, 11:28 AM
Lightcat

It has nothing to do with your past lives. Trying to do spells, because you were a witch in a past life, is like trying to ride a motorcycle because you saw it in a movie.

That's not to say you shouldn't follow your desires, just... don't do it because someone told you that you were a witch once. That's silly.
Old 15-09-2013, 04:28 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightcat
It has nothing to do with your past lives. Trying to do spells, because you were a witch in a past life, is like trying to ride a motorcycle because you saw it in a movie.

That's not to say you shouldn't follow your desires, just... don't do it because someone told you that you were a witch once. That's silly.

If you were a Witch in a past life then it is thought that as you start to learn to become Witch in this life and work magic you will awaken memories that are carried in the blood.
Old 15-09-2013, 04:33 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellar door
Go ahead and try it and keep in mind that rituals and objects used in them are just tools and the real magic happens in your mind. Even without them we could still do magic and from the sounds of it you already are.

If a practitioner uses the same tools for many years those tools will become imbued with the user's energies and also pick up energies of the 'work' done by the practitioner and so can become quite powerful in themselves.

Having said that magic can also be worked without any tools as Cellar door said.

Jenny Crow
Old 15-09-2013, 12:05 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelove23
Iv been told in past lives i was a witch..natural things always happen to me when i put intent behind it...iv read alot about it and i have been thinking about trying white magic. I am kind of scared to try a spell..but at the same time if it was natural to me, and in past lives mayb if i start il remember some things? How was it for the other natural witches to start?

Remember...to study and always Cast your Circle--before performing Magick--and ground yourself (afterward)--because Ritual draws massive amounts of energy.

Book Recommendations;

Green Witchcraft (vol. 1) by Ann Moura

gives instructions on Casting your Circle, reading the Signs, proper usage of Colors, Oils, Herbs, and Stones/Crystals.

Her book is mainly concerned with observing the Wheel-of-the-Year--but you can incorporate much of what she teaches into simplistic Ritual. Ann Moura is an all inclusive Author--who is open to different paths and encourages you to take what she is giving you and make it your own.

"A Little Book of Candle Magic" by D.J. Conway

gives you more singular and specific Candle Rituals for handling life's situations...but you should (always) cast a Circle--when performing magic and ground yourself (afterward).

"The Wheel of the Year" by Pauline Campanelli

is an awesome book that will teach you some of the "old ways" of the Craft--from binding, to dying, to cooking and storing, to quilting. She shows you how to walk a Magical Path in your day to day life.

"Moon Magic" by D.J. Conway

will teach you the different names and faces of MotherMoon as She journeys through the Wheel-of-the-Year.

You will be guided to all that you need--but if you ever have a question--please feel free to PM me and I will be glad to share my perspective.

Peace and Love on your path to Discovering the Mysteries...

Blessed be...

P.S.

Keep in touch with proper Magical timing @ writingsinthesky.com -- Magick should be avoided during the times when the Moon is Void-of-Course and when Mental Mercury is Retrograde.

Mr. Brown has monthly charts on his website to help us keep track of such things.
Old 15-09-2013, 12:12 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelove23

The bolded part is key, I think. If you learned your craft in a past life, then it can just come to you. Since I was very young, for example, I would sense energies but I didn't know what it was. I just had this annoyed feeling that there were clouds of stuff everywhere that nobody else was bothered by.

I might have known what it meant in a past life, and even what to do about it, but as of this life the only thing I had was the ability to sense it-- which I didn't understand or want, because I'd forgotten.

So, I believe that training is still necessary, but past life skills can make your training go that much faster compared with if this were your first life studying this craft. Good luck!
Old 15-09-2013, 12:13 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
If you were a Witch in a past life then it is thought that as you start to learn to become Witch in this life and work magic you will awaken memories that are carried in the blood.

I agree--this is exactly what happened to me.

I have always been a Solitary Practitioner and was guided to everything I needed at each stage of my journey.

Books practically lept off the self!