Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 04-10-2016, 11:12 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katastrophic
Honestly if it weren't for all the crazy synchronicities, and like my whole life being turned upside down, I would totally agree with you.

I had all that happen too..but.. it still doesnt mean anything to me at this point.
Old 04-10-2016, 11:17 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delay_Reaction
The way I see it, telling others to keep the faith or to believe in something isn't bad.

Telling people to move on when something isn't serving them isn't bad either.

I was told on another relationship forum (which has a lot more heartbreak than this one) that I was never in a relationship with my twin, that I was just wasting my time chasing her and I made a huge mess out of it by repeating patterns I hadn't bothered to fix. I was told that I should go seek therapy to cure my emotional unavailability. It was a completely rational analysis.

But people telling me to go seek therapy wasn't helping me. My ego would not allow me to listen to internet keyboard warriors.

After discovering this forum, I felt I needed to make a change on my own. First, by letting go of all the anger I was feeling, then releasing my ego. Telling someone "I love you" without expecting anything in return and being okay with it was something I never thought was possible. But I did and felt fine afterwards. It was freeing.

This "theory" helped me get over some really deep seeded fears I had; unrequited love. I also managed to establish a dialogue with my twin because of it.

It's all about the work we decide to put in to help ourselves, not about the beliefs we choose to follow.

Thank you for this reminder.

Ok thats fair..it is fine to say to keep faith to some people but not all of them. Some seem like hopeless cases while others do not. The theory doenst make everyone "bad' but it can make some worse off then before..im glad to see it helped make some positive changes for you. That is some of the problems with others.. they do the work in hopes of obtaining the other back..but not doing it for themselves.
Old 04-10-2016, 11:31 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Forgedinfore, whether you agree or not, and in this case, you have created many topics on here expressing disgruntlement and opposition, your still keeping the vibration of your object very much alive and functioning just as much as those who believe on here. Maybe it would be beneficial for you to release yourself from the attachment of the topic?

That saying, I think much of what people are experiencing is the recognition and power of your own source energy. This happens many times happens during Kundalini awakenings. Get to know your bodies. Its not always external, and if it is, what healthy is it leasing out your soul to someone who disregards it? Know your self worth and take personal responsibility for it

Honsetly, I think there is a lot of money to be made online. Afterall, online sales and profits have sky rocketed to the billions, everyone wants to make a buck. Twin flame marketing makes for excellent profits, coaches get together with the astrology forcasters and hype up these cosmic events on youtube: "Moon is on Pisces, energic love shift coming, get ready"! Do you know how many New Moons and "once in a lifetime" astronomy events there are every year? Every month! I cant hate on their hustle though, they got more money than me! The good news is ....Twin Flame psychics cant market or promote on here so ha ha

Yea.. i agree that at this point i have made a few oppositional threads now. But for every thread i have made on the subject there are 30 others that are made that are about suffering usually. Quite disheartening.

But you are right.. money is to be made online.. and aww so sad the twin flame psychics cant market here.. no $400 tarot readings for them!! lol Maybe things can be changed so they have to pay to promote on here say like.. oh $400 per post? They wont have too many "once in a lifetime" ads to say now would they hehe.
Old 04-10-2016, 11:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedInFire

I have never read your story but i am happy to hear that you are healed of some past ailments.

i know you are a supposed "runner" ive seen you admit to as much before in the past.. but what is it ive said that doesnt resonate with you the most?

Thank you.. ive only managed to free myself of the limiting theory..but not the darkness ive been shut into by that "woman'.. i hope freedom from that hell comes sooner then later.

Hey ForgedInFire, Thanks for the thoughtful response. It sounds like you've been through the ringer and this theory only made it worse for you.

What doesn't resonate most is that the phenomenon this theory trys to point to isn't real and is harmful. My experience is that our connection is real and catalyzed sanity, love, and tremendous healing for me.

This all being said, I really don't think my experience matters in this context because I do think your points are true for YOU and perhaps many others. I commend your journey of healing. If you are interested check out the book Three Essays on Universal Law: Karma, Will, and Love by Michael Singer. He does a great job at articulating truths in a practical logical way.
Old 04-10-2016, 12:09 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurusnsane
Clover, I hate these kind of posts here. Why bother to come here and talk this. One is so sad and crimpy that needs to post something like this.

As everything is energy, they have bad energy and they take people down.

For me personally, very low people vibrationally. Being hurt is bad yes but to bash because theirs was fault "label", then sorry.

I dont come here that often because of these posts and energies they send out

I have never resorted to calling you any kind of names or have said any kind of negative snarky comments towards you now have i. At this point you have quite a few times and im going tell you that it ends right now.

No one says you HAVE to reply to what you dont agree with in my posts. My dislike of the online created "twin flames theory" or how some people behave because of the theory doesnt make me "vibrationally low" nor send out 'bad energy' NOR makes me "sad and crimpy"... however.. calling others names most definitely does that.

How about people who post admitting to just recently quit stalking their "twin flames" spouse online or the dozens of posts constantly made of suffering and misery not bad energy? THATS bad energy.

IF the cause of these despicable behaviors is directly because of the "twin flame theory" then that just reinforces my position to tell others must heal from those behaviors and from the belief in "twin flames". And if it includes needing to rid oneself of the belief in the "twin flame theory" then so be it and do so. That does NOT make me 'bad' or have "bad energy" and "take other people down"
Old 04-10-2016, 12:14 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
I have gone through something and if you read any of my posts regarding it, you'd understand. I have felt exactly how many people here have wrote about but, I do NOT buy into this twinflame nonsense. It just does not ring true for me. It troubles me a great deal. And it does not make sense. It just does not.

Same here.

I'm forever grateful that I hadn't been exposed to the concept of "twin flames" back in 1987-'89, when I was having my own overwhelming experience. I still remember the night I met the guy--I spotted him going into an event while I was waiting in the ticket line, and had a blast of instant recognition that just about knocked me flat. I had been largely indifferent to men and relationships, but the instant I saw him it was like being hit by a lightning bolt. I had to meet him, had to get his attention. There was a sense of urgency about it, as if there was nothing more important than meeting this man--because he was The One I'd been waiting for all along, without even knowing it.

I caught up with him at an afterparty across the street, and I know he had some sort of uncanny instant attraction to me. Though perhaps not as strong, we both agreed there was something very strange and magical going on.

But the relationship was a disaster. We both had substance abuse problems--he was a full-blown alcoholic with a taste for cocaine, and my own drinking went out of control during our time together and in the immediate aftermath. He couldn't keep his trousers zipped; he slept around and lied to me about it. And he was also quite vain and status-obsessed, and displayed some narcissistic traits that unsettled me. He ended up dumping me for a woman who made a lot more money, and could afford to fund a higher-status lifestyle, but we went back and forth for months while he cheated on her with me, and I tried to get him back. After that woman kicked him out, we picked back up--and then he ditched me again, for someone else!

And that, kids, was the last straw. That was when I put my foot down and decided the insanity had to end, and I had to cut him out of my life like a cancerous tumor. As potent as the attraction still was, and as much as I still longed for him, I had to "kill" him to finally break my destructive bond to him. We still traveled in the same social circles, so I saw him around, but I stopped speaking to him, stopped acknowledging his presence, and acted as if he wasn't there. He might as well have been a ghost--I just looked right through him. And as awful as that sounds, that's what I had to do in order to free myself from him.

Looking back 30 years later, I can definitely say we had a soul agreement. We both drove each other to hit rock-bottom with our respective addictions, and seek help, and there were other lessons I learned from the experience. A lot happened within a very short period of time; it was like decades of learning for me compressed into two years, and as terrible and wrenching as it was at the time, I don't regret the experience.

But had I got caught up in the idea that he was my twin flame (and yes, I would have, had I heard about it)? I don't want to think about how many more years I might have remained stuck, longing for reunion, excusing his behavior as that of a "runner." It would have been utterly toxic, and made a bad situation far more damaging to me. It would have stunted my spiritual growth. I was just as obsessed with him as any chaser here. I saw signs and synchronicities everywhere.

But he wasn't a missing half of me--because there is no missing half of me. You can't divide a soul; there is no missing piece; we all come from the same ultimate reality, and there is no separation. We are all complete. We participate in the illusion that we are separate and incomplete because it makes this game of Meatspace more challenging, and thus interesting, but as souls? No.

Quote:
The things I have read regarding Twin flames makes no sense to me and sends up red flags. If you want to believe in TFs go right ahead. It's your life. I'm just stating my opinion that it's not true.

I see it as another illusion that keeps most of its believers locked in their pain and unable to move forward. I see a lot of people keeping themselves stuck in toxic and/or one-sided relationships, putting their happiness on hold until the "runner" comes back, or at least throws a few crumbs their way. There is nothing inherently "more spiritual" in that experience. I do understand the force of the attraction, and the pain of separation--but casting oneself as only half a soul who needs to be reunited with the other half in order to be complete comes straight from the earthbound, egoic self, not the soul.
Old 04-10-2016, 12:17 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird21
Hey ForgedInFire, Thanks for the thoughtful response. It sounds like you've been through the ringer and this theory only made it worse for you.

What doesn't resonate most is that the phenomenon this theory trys to point to isn't real and is harmful. My experience is that our connection is real and catalyzed sanity, love, and tremendous healing for me.

This all being said, I really don't think my experience matters in this context because I do think your points are true for YOU and perhaps many others. I commend your journey of healing. If you are interested check out the book Three Essays on Universal Law: Karma, Will, and Love by Michael Singer. He does a great job at articulating truths in a practical logical way.

yea thats is an understatement for me. It is true that the theory indeed made things alot worse for me.. when i read things like.. "its forever" and "cant sever the connection" i lost it!! there was just no way i was having any of that stuff be my reality..no way! i know i havent really shared my story on here and never will.. i have done nothing but show love and care for that person..only to have her turn around and betray me for an abusive loser. It wasnt my fault that i was her mirror and she hated what she was shown about herself.

I do apologize that you felt i was making the whole theory out to be just bad and harmful to all.. that isnt the case for many and i stand corrected. there are some here it really seems to have done great things for them and others not..

Thanks for the book recommendation i may check it out at some point soon.. very busy at this time of year.. snow is coming fairly soon ugh.
Old 04-10-2016, 12:34 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedInFire
Cant say ive had that happen to me so i cant really comment about that. If it did.. then id be suspicious or have curiosity. But i sure wouldnt "love' anyone as a result of the occurrence either. i see this theories happenings as simply a higher self hijacking.. otherwise no one would "bite" the unappealing "bait". What insidious trickery to use against us.. an elaborate trick with us being the brunt of the cruel joke. Why be cursed with relationship type feelings if its for something else entirely different? I dont like deceivers .. i didnt need to be tricked in that way. I like upfront.. not beat around the bush.

I've had thoughts like that. I was thinking that its best if most of the reproducers don't know they have a twin, assuming they do, since this might interfere with human reproduction. Having a twin may be the main drive in finding a mate. If you don't know you have a twin then you find someone else.
Old 04-10-2016, 12:53 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldous
I've had thoughts like that. I was thinking that its best if most of the reproducers don't know they have a twin, assuming they do, since this might interfere with human reproduction. Having a twin may be the main drive in finding a mate. If you don't know you have a twin then you find someone else.

Really? So i guess im not alone in that kind of thinking. But really.. why all that messy trouble for a different purpose instead? That just seems so counter-productive to me.
Old 04-10-2016, 03:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsername
Interesting you should say this. I found the over the top feelings are what led me here, to heal me, because it wasn't something I'd wish on anyone. It is too intense and out of this world crazy.

Though I do see a lot of people who latch on to the TF theory to rationalise their pain. What I find scary is using it to rationalise why they chase. I mean, in a sense it is okay to say you are the runner. But to chase? Hmmm... then alarm bells would be ringing.

Either way, as long as one or both TF can heal from this experience, then I guess the heavens work is done.

Eventually the chasing leads to the lesson.