Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 07-05-2022, 06:55 AM
Knower

Why do tarot readers avoid certain type of questions?

Hi Friends,

I have noticed that many tarot readers avoid certain type of questions for readings.

They tell us not to ask questions about health, pregnancy, legal issues and also about cheating for the tarot reading.

Why is it that many tarot readers avoid these type of questions?

Thank you.
Old 07-05-2022, 09:09 AM
Master
Because it is too risky. There's always an element of choice and free will that can influence outcomes and if you're wrong as a reader the readee might get so upset they press charges. Even if they don't, they will rant and spread negative reviews and comments on you and those always have more impact than positive ones. And even if they don't do that, you still have to deal with a very upset person that likely wants their money back -which I do not do-, gets real nasty etc. etc. I don't need that kind of stress in my life (don't underestimate how mean & disrespectful people can get when they're not happy!!)
Also, doing such readings forces a reader to do fortune telling, which is not something I do.
I also don't do readings on TFs, and none on the subjects you mentioned either. Like I said, too risky.

And some things you best don't know either. I've known someone who was told by a reader she'd die at 62. She was in her 30s then, and the prediction robbed her of carefree living. The closer she got to that age, the more afraid and anxious she got.
We're not in touch anymore so I don't know how it ended. But certain things are a real no-go when reading cards.
And it comes with a certain amount of curtesy, insight & psychology to know what you do and do not tell. Some things are best left unsaid, which goes for any situation in life. Like when your best friend is being cheated upon and you know/see/sense it but your friend doesn't. Do you then tell her and destroy her life or not?

I've done one legal reading and these people were going to base a very important decision on the outcome. There was a lot riding on it, financially, and basically the well-being and future of the entire family! I do not feel comfortable with that so I'll never do it again. Too much of a responsibility, too risky.
One pregnancy reading, but more to look into why it wasn't happening, so not a direct outcome. She was totally happy with the reading and shortly thereafter she got pregnant.
Looking in the why of things and what someone can do to change it is as far as I go.
Old 08-05-2022, 08:59 AM
Administrator
I would agree with fairy crystal

Namaste
Old 08-05-2022, 07:38 PM
Master
Another reason why Tarot readers avoid certain questions is that certain questions
are best asked using a certain spread. For instance a one card draw is usually used
for yes or no questions. Most Tarot readers are using the Celtic Cross spread, which
is a general purpose spread and may not give succinct answers to certain questions.
There are lots of different spreads a reader might use, like a 3-card spread showing
past, present, and future. The spread used should fit the question asked, and lots of
Tarot readers do not know that many spreads. An answer to a question is only as
good as the question itself, and the spread used provides that answer.
Old 08-05-2022, 08:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Another reason why Tarot readers avoid certain questions is that certain questions are best asked using a certain spread....
Spread? I never use a spread. Depending on what the querent wants to know I think of questions that give insight.
Celtic Cross? NEVER use it.
Sure you can use a spread, but then your stuck with questions that may not be applicable at all and often only 1 card per position.
I make my own positions (questions) and draw 3 to 7 cards, all intuitively done.
A spread is nothing more than a set of questions in a fancy layout, but a layout doesn't add anything to a good reading. Just that it could look fancy when you have the querent present.
As for the Celtic Cross, it's not general purpose only. You can use or make it to answer and give insight on a specific subject.
The sky is the limit, the limit being the creativity of the reader.
Old 08-05-2022, 09:35 PM
Master
Maybe it's because they aren't compitent at what they do.???
Arohanui utopia
Old 08-05-2022, 09:58 PM
Master
FairyCrystal, I did not criticize you or your post, but you have chosen to criticize what I posted. At the end of your criticism of my post you say “the sky is the limit” depending on the reader, which seems like a contradiction of what you said regarding why readers don’t want to answer certain questions.

You say that a spread “is nothing more than a set of questions in a fancy layout.“ Actually a spread is a set of answers not questions. It seems you are also contradicting yourself when you say, you never use a spread you just throw out the cards; well throwing out the cards, whether in a fixed order or not, constitutes a spread. You say you never use the Celtic cross then you go on to say that the Celtic cross has unlimited applications; how would you know this if you have never used it? I could go on but I am not here to criticize you, or other members posts, as you have.

We are all entitled to our opinions, you have expressed yours and I have expressed mine. I am comfortable with what I have posted and see no need to engage in a debate with you about it. It seems you are very intolerant and rigid about differing points of view. I guess you consider yourself to be the ultimate authority on Tarot.
Old 08-05-2022, 11:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
FairyCrystal, I did not criticize you or your post, but you have chosen to criticize what I posted.
I guess we all have different points of view, I don't see what I wrote as criticizing. It is weird though that you mention a few times you don't criticise me yet that is all you do. And you even go as far as to make it personal and come up with rather rude and totally out of line judgements about me while you don't even know me.
I guess I struck a nerve that you have such a strong knee-jerk reaction, but even if that is the case, I do assume you're an adult. Then please respond as an adult and don't take things out on me.
And if you are so closed off and rigid concerning other points of view that you cannot openly discuss a subject then maybe you shouldn't be on a forum.
Old 11-05-2022, 12:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritualmountain
Hi Friends,
Why is it that many tarot readers avoid these type of questions?
Thank you.
Why indeed?, I'd give a reading about anything the person wanted. Keeping the reading on a positive note that is.
Maybe it's because their not confident in certain areas.
Love utopia
Old 13-05-2022, 12:27 PM
Master
Color

Ive never had that, people seem to be happy to see what the cards have to say with out asking me a question. I think this is good cus then they do not influence my interpretation of the reading.
in places where others do not.