Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 19-11-2016, 11:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
of course speculation about "speculation concering any state of being" is in the same boat. As is speculation about THAT.

And trying to find a way out of the boat never seems to work either.

The OP just seems like another concept you talk yourself into buying, then spend time trying to figure out the best way to live the concept you bought. Seriously? I don't need a spiritual life to do that, I can go be an auto salesman and get to the same place.

But the 'goal' of buddhism itself falls into this same category, or the 'goal' of any of the several other paths that were built and maintained.

it would be better to abandon all this and return to the old ways... no wait that was a path that was propagated too and that didn't lead to any different place either!

What the heck is going on here? Am I really 'hearing' that buying into 'any' way of life is bad? But no wait a minute, wouldn't that mean that buying into the way of life that "buying into 'any' way of life is bad" is also bad?

And even if you get past that how do you get past the concept of being conceptless?

So I'm just confused.

I don't know how this should work but I do know that everything I've been told is just plain WRONG. Apparently, everyone I ever trusted to know something about how not to be lost is as lost as I am - they just claim not to be sigh.
Great response! It actually falls in line with what I'm suggesting except rather than being lost, being one that lets go of everything as a concept or way and then seeing where that leads. If it leads nowhere thanits back to the drawing board lol. For me, thus far it has led me to just trust.
Thank you for your response.
Old 20-11-2016, 03:29 AM
Suspended
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
And trying to find a way out of the boat never seems to work either.

How would you know if it worked or not if you let go of the only thing that could tell you such a thing?
Old 20-11-2016, 12:00 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Self
What I really wanted to talk about in thread I started, in other words, can it be that every aspect of this experience, including the experience, the experiencer, consciousness, I, the observer and so on, be impermanent?
That's not to say there's something more, something so far out of our ability to know, it's to say everything we know, including what we think we know beyond knowing is an expression that comes from emptiness and returns to emptiness.

Yes it can. Why couldn't it be?

We might think it's impossible that it could be, but that's because we are doing the thinking about it.

There is no spoon.
There is no self.
There is no beyond.
There is no.
There is.
There.
Old 20-11-2016, 12:03 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Great response! It actually falls in line with what I'm suggesting except rather than being lost, being one that lets go of everything as a concept or way and then seeing where that leads. If it leads nowhere then its back to the drawing board lol. For me, thus far it has led me to just trust.
Thank you for your response.

Why add the bold part?

'Seeing where that leads' is more thinking, more concepts and more experience, which leads to perceived knowledge, perceived wisdom, divisiveness, beyondness, superiority, higher/lower, good/evil and so on.

Let go of seeing & leading too. And especially let go of drawing boards.
Old 20-11-2016, 01:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
Yes it can. Why couldn't it be?

We might think it's impossible that it could be, but that's because we are doing the thinking about it.

There is no spoon.
There is no self.
There is no beyond.
There is no.
There is.
There.
Hi there Sqatchit, thank you for joining in and your input.
When I reflected on your post it made me realize that I never said
"There is no....." nor did I say "there is....".
I think that's important because then I'd be letting go of something by replacing it with nothing. By letting go, I am no wiser, I am just more open and to the point you made in your second post, although my words were not the best, what I was trying to say is that I remain open.
I'm so glad this thread is getting more people and there input involved. Thanks
Old 20-11-2016, 02:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Hi there Sqatchit, thank you for joining in and your input.
When I reflected on your post it made me realize that I never said
"There is no....." nor did I say "there is....".
I think that's important because then I'd be letting go of something by replacing it with nothing. By letting go, I am no wiser, I am just more open and to the point you made in your second post, although my words were not the best, what I was trying to say is that I remain open.
I'm so glad this thread is getting more people and there input involved. Thanks

Sometimes the conscious mind gets tired which I think is a good thing because it then moves out of the way and allows us to discover deeper truths within.
Old 20-11-2016, 04:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Sometimes the conscious mind gets tired which I think is a good thing because it then moves out of the way and allows us to discover deeper truths within.
Yes but just maybe the conscious mind serves a purpose other than that which we need to get out of the way to observe deeper truths. In any case I think even that has to be dropped.
Old 20-11-2016, 04:55 PM
Suspended
Master

We are doing it all the time, but we don't notice.

We only notice when we are not doing it.
Old 20-11-2016, 05:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes but just maybe the conscious mind serves a purpose other than that which we need to get out of the way to observe deeper truths. In any case I think even that has to be dropped.

The conscious mind is only dropped at our death
Old 20-11-2016, 05:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanWind
We are doing it all the time, but we don't notice.

We only notice when we are not doing it.

What do you mean Ryan..