Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Welcome

Old 27-01-2011, 07:32 PM
Knower
Angel1 Hi my name is Goddess Love

Hi my name is Goddess Love.

I am a 25 year old woman from the caribbean who was brought to this forum- through what I call 'divine intervention.' I had a very difficult childhood that I am learning to accept. I did not have parental guidance and was rasied by 'church-going' people. For this reason, I don't believe in the church or religious practices that perpetuate hateful and judgmental attitudes. Because of my unique views, I have yet to find a place where I belong.

I have been a long time lurker on and off for the last year. I had an account months ago, but in my haste and immaturity, did not devote my time to truth seeking as I had intended. As a result, I cancelled my account. This was my way of avoiding my destiny:) As you can imagine, I've been running from myself... but now it ends.

In addition, I don't have many friends. I am very quiet, observant, reclusive, and eccentric in the world. I hope to make friends here. I wish to increase my spirituality through thought-provoking questions that I pray will be answered with love, light, and honesty. I hope to relinquish my desires and grow strong in my faith. It is without doubt that I am here because I am suppose to be.

Let the journey and LOVE begin...
Old 27-01-2011, 07:37 PM
Master
hello Goddess Love, welcome to the forums, im sure you will make a friend or two here, ill be your friend~!
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 27-01-2011, 07:50 PM
ThinkLoveBelieve

Very cool... I just joined this forum also and am looking to further the development of my spirituality. I went to Catholic school for much of my childhood, so I understand where you are coming from as far as the judgmental attitudes. It turned me against religion but thank God I found spirituality when I needed it most. I have come to learn that religion and spirituality are two totally separate things and that has been the difference in my transformation. I truly believe that everything happens for a reason. Suffering is just a way of letting you know that the thoughts you are thinking are leading you in the wrong direction, and it wasn't too long ago that I began to understand this.
I look forward to communicating with many like minded people here on this forum and I too am excited for the journey.

Love and Peace
Old 27-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Knower
Thank you Shabda and ThinkLoveBeleive for your encouraging words and kindness. It gets hard some days in a world where fame, beauty, and materialism are so often celebrated; whilst love, light, and spirituality are not. I find myself fighting for my SELF, if that makes sense. We need to surrond ourselves in good company.
Old 27-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddessLove
Thank you Shabda and ThinkLoveBeleive for your encouraging words and kindness. It gets hard some days in a world where fame, beauty, and materialism are so often celebrated; whilst love, light, and spirituality are not. I find myself fighting for my SELF, if that makes sense. We need to surrond ourselves in good company.
it makes sense, and good company is a great help too...by the way, i like your text color~!
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 27-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Guide
We need to surround ourselves in good company. That is so true.
I am so happy to have found this forum with all its beautiful persons. Although I have good friends and even "soul friends" in real life, I love to communicate with you people.

Blessings, Kiran
helpless against my immortality."

From "Savitri" by Sri Aurobindo
(The Book of Fate)
Old 27-01-2011, 08:35 PM
Master
Hi, Goddess Love, it's really great to meet you, and glad to hear you've already been enjoying the forum.

~A big welcome to you~

Old 27-01-2011, 08:47 PM
Master
Hi I'm excited to hear about you and learn from you via your posts.
Spiritlite.
Old 27-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Knower
Thank you Kiran, Silvergirl, and Spiritlite. I will FULLY utilize this opportunity to experience the love that this community has to offer. I am so excited.

And Thank you Shabda, I love the color as well:):):):):):):):)