Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 19-06-2017, 05:44 AM
Knower

Do people often think you're their soulmate?

I'm pretty sensitive to energy, so I create psychic cords very easily. This has led to at least four guys thinking I'm their soulmate. Or at least thinking we have some special connection. This is kind of driving me crazy. I do feel the psychic connection, but since I don't really share those feelings I ultimately feel like I'm an easy target. These psychic cords also attract stalkers. I even have issues with these men on the internet. This seems to be a common pattern when I meet people. This makes me so cynical about soul mates.
Old 19-06-2017, 07:39 AM
Lorelyen

I've had a few men make such claims while knowing almost nothing about me re soul-mate material. Without any hubris it's usually with the ultimate motive of getting me to bed.
My response has been "Nice. Thank you. But best if we get to know each other a little more, wouldn't you say?"

If an approach bothers you, being forthright really is the best way. It's quite easy to say "How can you possibly say that if we don't know each other in soul-mate ways."
It'll weed out romantic and carnal "prospectives," and help you build a protection against such people.

I do have a soul mate though. It's been declared, a verbal acknowledgement but it's about deeds, attitudes, support, affinity, commonality in the way we live.
Sex and romance never come into it because she's the same gender and that allows an easier unconditional acceptance.

Sex isn't part of being a soul mate. If it happens it's secondary. Souls of themselves might be behind a fabulous sexual experience but it doesn't make a soul mate

Old 21-06-2017, 10:34 PM
Knower
Yep, and did the relationship work out and be happily ever after? No way
toxic men will say anything to keep you hooked into them, i felt my spirituality was dissed half the time by him saying "your my forever soul mate" dude you dont know a thing about true soulmate connections.
He was very karmic i believe. I had to learn self worth out of that one.
Old 21-06-2017, 11:50 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Aura
Yep, and did the relationship work out and be happily ever after? No way
toxic men will say anything to keep you hooked into them, i felt my spirituality was dissed half the time by him saying "your my forever soul mate" dude you dont know a thing about true soulmate connections.
He was very karmic i believe. I had to learn self worth out of that one.
A lot of these guys are very unspirtual. They're often very outspoken about not believeing in god or anything else. So maybe any psychic connection becomes very important to them.
Old 21-06-2017, 11:50 PM
Master
I had someone tell me we were "twins" (not sure in which sense), instead she was a really toxic abusive person, i never felt that much for her neither about friendship. I don't trust people that tell me "you are my twin or soulmate" too often.
Old 21-06-2017, 11:52 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCat
I had someone tell me we were "twins" (not sure in which sense), instead she was a really toxic abusive person, i never felt that much for her neither about friendship. I don't trust people that tell me "you are my twin or soulmate" too often.
Me neither. It just creeps me out. I don't really mind that I haven't found my soul mate.
Old 25-06-2017, 08:01 PM
Pathfinder

are these people deceiving you? there is a term called 'the manufactured soul mate', it's something a manipulator will say to reel in a target.
Old 26-06-2017, 02:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccawisdom
are these people deceiving you? there is a term called 'the manufactured soul mate', it's something a manipulator will say to reel in a target.
Interesting. Probably it's what my TF is having right now because i know for sure that person is deceiving him into this "fake soulmate" thing (i knew that person before him).
It's a common thing from narcissistic disordered people, they try to fit your perfect ideal soulmate to make you stay while they covertly abuse you.
There is no ideal soulmate in this life, there are just people that need to change and grow up to be a "real" soulmate. And no need to tell them they are one all the time.
Old 26-06-2017, 06:12 AM
Experiencer

Not at all. Lol. I used to be very vulnerable to everyone attractive to me being my "soulmate". Those who claimed to be my soulmate were either terrible liars or manipulators that don't know when to stop playing games.
Old 26-06-2017, 03:38 PM
Guide
I think this thoughtful thread touches on the fallibility of the Twin Flame theory, as anyone can claim to be someone else's Twin when the other person doesn't feel the same way. Even if they say they do, and their energies resonate with each other, they are still two individuals experiencing life from the same 'Source' but from their own perspective!. So when one person chooses a different life path to the other they are then said to be 'running' from the connection.

The difficulty for me being that this idea doesn't acknowledge that we each have Free Will. So even in a harmonious and loving relationship we can each make our own choices independent of anyone else albeit with consideration and respect. Especially if their views, life purpose, or actions may differ from our own.

This therefore renders the terms 'fake soulmate' or 'false twin' obsolete, as without any labels this effectively dissolves any expectation.

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking