Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 06-01-2018, 07:29 PM
Master
Noticing what the moments

Hello,

Placing these thoughts here.

What seems repeated to me and echoes deep with in is notice this moment.

Spending time and pondering in thoughts about what all this is or can be is interesting. Can give at times inspiration and creative ways to come up with dealing with things.

Yet, have also found too much spent pondering in a way distracts from noticing the moment at hand.

Noticing what is occurring at hand gives my mind, my being this person to see that what is searched for, the what's, is unfolding right before my eyes. But, if focusing upon what may be or how little is known, these moments get missed and the mind goes on in its wanderings.

This brings to mind "Be still and know I Am God"
Not in the some old diety demanding service kind of way, but in the way to still the chatter in my head. To notice what is being searched for is right in plain sight. That with in this is creation or the energy at play.

Now this is just what I am feeling at present. Not to dismiss what another may feel or desire.

It just feels I am at a still point in my thinking. A point that seems to say just enjoy the view and the travel. Some things show up when one is not trying to find it.

Still things to do and a life to live. Still will explore and inquire, but not so much urgency behind it. More like couriosity and interest.

Sometimes feel a bit alone in this in the sense of talking about it. Other times hear an echo saying you do speak about it through living it.

Thought I would share these thoughts with you all.

Wonder if others been feeling similar ways.

Any insights, thoughts, or just sharing is welcomed
Old 07-01-2018, 01:24 AM
Master

getting lost in thoughts of the past/future is kinda like an addiction... I think the reason I am so desirous to do it is that my perception is everyone else is doing it.

It is really really hard, to pay attention when you just want to be playing with the others. But it is just the smallest taste of the kingdom, when you are able. And that is even if you aren't quite ready to see the door for what it is.

All that said, thoughts of past and future are just another thing to pay attention to after all... paying attention to that can give lessons as well. I also got a certain amount of mileage paying attention while I was whining about this or that. IOW I don't necessarily think that the idea that I should be paying attention needs to somehow be correlated with only nice things.

Anyway I consider that the crowning achievement of my life was the day i could see a dream to completion and just sit there and listen to a thunderstorm, without needing to distract myself with other things. Do you know how many thunderstorms I had to wistfully miss or for how many years, before I was able to do even such a simple thing as turn off the tv and just listen?
Old 07-01-2018, 11:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
getting lost in thoughts of the past/future is kinda like an addiction... I think the reason I am so desirous to do it is that my perception is everyone else is doing it.

It is really really hard, to pay attention when you just want to be playing with the others. But it is just the smallest taste of the kingdom, when you are able. And that is even if you aren't quite ready to see the door for what it is.

All that said, thoughts of past and future are just another thing to pay attention to after all... paying attention to that can give lessons as well. I also got a certain amount of mileage paying attention while I was whining about this or that. IOW I don't necessarily think that the idea that I should be paying attention needs to somehow be correlated with only nice things.

Anyway I consider that the crowning achievement of my life was the day i could see a dream to completion and just sit there and listen to a thunderstorm, without needing to distract myself with other things. Do you know how many thunderstorms I had to wistfully miss or for how many years, before I was able to do even such a simple thing as turn off the tv and just listen?

Hi FallingLeaves,

What comes to mind is; Learn from the past, prepare for the future, live the present. Will add, as best one can.

I have been going through a lot of past reflections and givingg gratitude for what these experiences has brought. For with out them wouldn't be the person I am or know what I do.

There are still things to experience and potential to discover more. Which for me keeps life interesting.

It all seems to unfold in the moments as seeing it at present.

Well, thank you for your sharing and find it cool that you are able to enjoy the thunderstorm