Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Closed Thread

Old 30-08-2006, 02:49 PM
Mick in England

Is reincarnation for ever?

Do reincarnationists think we simply get reborn as another human being each time we die for ever and ever?
If thats so, what'll happen when the sun expands into a red giant and burns up the earth zillions of years from now just as scientists say it will like all other stars?
I mean, there'll be nowhere to be reincarnated back to, will there?
Old 30-08-2006, 04:43 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick in England
Do reincarnationists think we simply get reborn as another human being each time we die for ever and ever?
If thats so, what'll happen when the sun expands into a red giant and burns up the earth zillions of years from now just as scientists say it will like all other stars?
I mean, there'll be nowhere to be reincarnated back to, will there?

Hi Mick in England,

There are many different types of reincarnation theories. There is one for example, I believe it is the Buddhist religion ( but I could be wrong ) that states that human souls can reincarnate as insects and animals.

However, primarily to answer your question about the Sun exploding, there are other theories that states, many human souls are actually from other planets from different solar systems. Also, whilst astronomers are right about the Sun expanding into a Red Giant, effectively burning up the Earth, this is a LONG time in the future. I would imagine by that point one of two things will have occured on Earth. One, all the souls of life who reside here may have all ascended or two, mankind will have 'reached the stars' and spread throughout the Milky Way Galaxy.

Thanks for reading, Kundalini.
Old 30-08-2006, 04:53 PM
Mick in England

Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalini
Hi Mick in England,There are many different types of reincarnation theories.....

But which one is the correct one?
Or is it all just guesswork and hunches without any backup?
Old 30-08-2006, 05:14 PM
kundalini

Quote:
But which one is the correct one?
Or is it all just guesswork and hunches without any backup?

I suppose it could all be referred to as guesswork and hunches although I like to think that each individual will discover their own truths in time and eventually this will lead to the truth of reincarnation en masse.

Whilst I believe everyone should reach for truth, I do not believe we should push too hard, for the question of reincarnation is a spiritual one and therefore I think the answers will come in subtle ways.

Kundalini.
Old 30-08-2006, 05:17 PM
Mick in England

The Bible says there's no reincarnation, just a single resurrection into heaven or hell forever.
Is that just a guess too?
Old 30-08-2006, 05:21 PM
kundalini

Quote:
The Bible says there's no reincarnation, just a single resurrection into heaven or hell forever.
Is that just a guess too?

I believe that to be a ploy by the old Christian Church to convert people to their religion on the basis that if they did not, they would be sent to a place termed 'hell' for the rest of eternity. It is basically a belief that is based on fear and greed.

I have no belief in that whatsoever.
Old 30-08-2006, 07:44 PM
Deactivated Account
and opinion
Old 30-08-2006, 08:18 PM
Mick in England

Ah but "perspective and opinion" are just human guesses and opinion without any solid backup.
By contrast, Christians have the 66 books of the Bible to back them up, they're a chronicle of humankinds close encounters with a divine entity (God) over several thousand years, surely they can't all be wrong?

Genesis Exodus Leviticus Numbers Deuteronomy Joshua Judges Ruth 1 Samuel 2 Samuel 1 Kings 2 Kings 1 Chronicles 2 Chronicles Ezra Nehemiah Esther Job Psalms Proverbs Ecclesiastes Song of Solomon Isaiah Jeremiah Lamentations Ezekiel Daniel Hosea Joel Amos Obadiah Jonah Micah Nahum Habakkuk Zephaniah Haggai Zecharia Malachi Matthew Mark Luke John The Acts Romans 1 Corinthians 2 Corinthians Galatians Ephesians Phillipians Colossians 1 Thessalonians 2 Thessalonians 1 Timothy 2 Timothy Titus Philemon Hebrews James 1 Peter 2 Peter 1 John 2 John 3 John Jude Revelation
Old 30-08-2006, 08:50 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Ah but "perspective and opinion" are just human guesses and opinion without any solid backup.
By contrast, Christians have the 66 books of the Bible to back them up, they're a chronicle of humankinds close encounters with a divine entity (God) over several thousand years, surely they can't all be wrong?

Genesis Exodus Leviticus Numbers Deuteronomy Joshua Judges Ruth 1 Samuel 2 Samuel 1 Kings 2 Kings 1 Chronicles 2 Chronicles Ezra Nehemiah Esther Job Psalms Proverbs Ecclesiastes Song of Solomon Isaiah Jeremiah Lamentations Ezekiel Daniel Hosea Joel Amos Obadiah Jonah Micah Nahum Habakkuk Zephaniah Haggai Zecharia Malachi Matthew Mark Luke John The Acts Romans 1 Corinthians 2 Corinthians Galatians Ephesians Phillipians Colossians 1 Thessalonians 2 Thessalonians 1 Timothy 2 Timothy Titus Philemon Hebrews James 1 Peter 2 Peter 1 John 2 John 3 John Jude Revelation

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. Whilst the bible does act in this manner, it is not say that other people's views do not count simply because they are not Christian. I believe there are aspects to the Bible that are totally correct in what they say whilst there are other parts which I find to be fantasy rather than reality. There is 'good' and 'bad' in all things.
Old 30-08-2006, 08:51 PM
Deactivated Account
ever heard of chinese whispers? no one can say for sure the bible is 100% accurate either, it's about belief and faith, religion isn't it, i don't know anyone who has met god either therefore in my eyes he cant be proved and backed up either but millions beleive in him i'm not having a pop at you by the way i just have strong feelings on this
Closed Thread