Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 05-11-2015, 07:26 AM
Newbie ;)

newbie seeking help !

these are my crude meditation experiences.

i daily do meditation lying down in bed before sleep. gradually i extended it to 1 hour. at certain point i will feel like i am done and then i will wake up and go to sleep.

one day while meditating, i felt waves coming from my legs all over my body. my body was vibrating. i almost stop feeling my body and felt something else. it was blissful and scary at same time...so i forced myself to wake up.

last night while meditating, i felt that i am connected to a energy grid and receiving energy. again i felt something higher than my body. my heart was racing fast and i perspired. then i forced myself to wake up. it was serene experience.. both time i felt very blissful..

questions are. where to go from here ? why can't i loose control of myself and let it happen ? will it be unhealthy in any sense to loose control and let ''universe'' take over >
Old 05-11-2015, 09:07 AM
Ascender
Hows the way you meditate?
That's nice experience
Old 05-11-2015, 05:40 PM
Newbie ;)

i lay on bed. close my eyes. focus on my breath. clear my mind. and then naturally everything shifts to energy and vibes.
Old 17-11-2015, 04:15 PM
Newbie ;)

Sounds like you are having a good meditative experience. Why would you force yourself out of it?

If you surrender to what you are feeling and not force it one way or another, it will not be unhealthy in anyway at all, in fact, it can be beneficial in every aspect of your life.

Much love.
Old 17-11-2015, 06:08 PM
Ascender
Hi theseeker21, to me it sounds like you have found your way into being awake while your brain reaches the theta waves stage. I'm no expert in the science of sleep but I believe theta waves are the stage where we start to dream. Also it is the stage that an out of body experience is possible if I remember correctly. It is possible though to arrive into a theta wave state while you are still aware. People who are still aware during the theta state often mention feeling vibrations and spiritual experiences. If I'm incorrect about any of this then please someone correct me :) I was having trouble finding a good source about all of this.

As far as where to go from there first I want to say congratulations -- many people, including myself, feel it is difficult to reach the theta wave stage during meditation. As far as letting go of control and entering the natural state of being though you don't need to be in a meditative state beforehand. I imagine though some people experience loss of ego during meditation but the question is would it stay after meditation?

In my own experience letting the universal energy act as opposed to having your mental energy act is not dangerous. However, that is just my own experience.

Congrats again on achieving theta state while waking (or so I believe you have) :)