Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 07-01-2011, 05:15 PM
Master
I"m loving reading all of your responses and opinions, lets keep them coming.
Spiritlite.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerland
You question fairy/elemental photos, then post 'matrix photos" of your own that show a pile of bird dung and feathers that are in an odd arrangement. Sarcasm? Ridicule?
That thread had informative purposes - other explanations are just as much valuable. Are you telling me I am not allowed to give another explanation for phenomena X or Y?
Quote:
You say the chakras are only a way that uneducated people explained organ placements.
I never said I was certain about that. It is probable yes.
Quote:
You want proof that Atlantis existed, but don't accept any evidence that is presented to you as pseudo-science.
The site you gave in that specific thread wasn't scientific - It gave us hearsay.
Why don't you go to universities, read academic books, and see how science gets its information? It is different from pseudoscience.
Quote:
We say that fowl and fish are dying off all over the globe , in alarming rates. You say it is only because we have access to computers that all of it so public now.
''We''?
There are people who agree with you and there are people who agree with me.
Quote:
You know what, Chrysaestos, even science is not concrete and empiracal; it changes all the time as it discovers new findings that no one expected.
Isn't that fascinating?
Quote:
There is no proof of anything; nothing can be proven.
Wrong. Lots of things can be proven. And lots of scientific theories are very probable based on the supported evidence. As it's been said: It only takes one rabbit in the Cambrian.. Or you only have to prove one God and...

Also, and I've said this before, just because there are new findings and discoveries is no reason to suggest that established facts are unreal.

I am a sceptical person and I am interested in the truth. I have no taboos. I see where the evidence brings me..
Being sceptical means being open minded - Looking for the truth, the evidence. Heck I even played the game along in the Atlantis thread by toying around with what would have lived there and how the climate would have been based on where it's said to have been..

Not everyone accepts every belief, some people are sceptical. That's something you will have to accept about me. This is a spiritual forum, and questioning beliefs and seeking the truth is part of that. There is no need to scorn at a curious and critical mind. If you want to question the points I make on other threads you are free to PM.

So let's stick to the thread:
Quote:
You question any prophesies since they can't be proven.The Hopi prophesies were here, in oral tradition, before white man came to this country.Does anyone know how old those prophesies are; ask the Elders.
That's what I was questioning.. how do we know these specific prophecies were around before ''white man''..?
I am familiar with prophecies and I know some prophecies which were likely written down during the events, not before the events. What about this prophecy? :)
Old 08-01-2011, 01:06 AM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
That thread had informative purposes - other explanations are just as much valuable. Are you telling me I am not allowed to give another explanation for phenomena X or Y?I never said I was certain about that. It is probable yes.The site you gave in that specific thread wasn't scientific - It gave us hearsay.
Why don't you go to universities, read academic books, and see how science gets its information? It is different from pseudoscience.
''We''?
There are people who agree with you and there are people who agree with me.Isn't that fascinating?Wrong. Lots of things can be proven. And lots of scientific theories are very probable based on the supported evidence. As it's been said: It only takes one rabbit in the Cambrian.. Or you only have to prove one God and...

Also, and I've said this before, just because there are new findings and discoveries is no reason to suggest that established facts are unreal.

I am a sceptical person and I am interested in the truth. I have no taboos. I see where the evidence brings me..
Being sceptical means being open minded - Looking for the truth, the evidence. Heck I even played the game along in the Atlantis thread by toying around with what would have lived there and how the climate would have been based on where it's said to have been..

Not everyone accepts every belief, some people are sceptical. That's something you will have to accept about me. This is a spiritual forum, and questioning beliefs and seeking the truth is part of that. There is no need to scorn at a curious and critical mind. If you want to question the points I make on other threads you are free to PM.

So let's stick to the thread:
That's what I was questioning.. how do we know these specific prophecies were around before ''white man''..?
I am familiar with prophecies and I know some prophecies which were likely written down during the events, not before the events. What about this prophecy? :)

Being open minded and skeptical are horses of different colors. You seem to want proof of beliefs, legends, personal faith based experiences. And as I said, there are no proof for those things. You want proof of when the Hopi prophesies began in liear time; since they came before the white man, there can be no proof. So why do you insist on proof when none is available ? Is it because you know that there is no proof and therefore your vantage point will be vindicated and others will appear to be ridiculed? I don't know why you do what you do.
I do know that there are many different beliefs that I have that are based in faith. And if someone wants to discuss those beliefs, I have no problem with that. But when someone constantly wants proof of that which cannot be proven, I wonder why that person is truly on a spiritual forum.

To the OP, yes, I believe in the Hopi prophesies. Yes, I believe that animals of the air, land and waters are dying in massive amounts,; some for no discernible reason. Some are due to weather extremes; some for no apparent reason. Nearly all of the prophesies have been fulfilled. I believe that they were predicted well before the events unfolded. This is what I BELIEVE. No one else is required to believe this or to prove /disprove it to me. Because that is what FAITH/BELIEFS mean; that which cannot be proven.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Being open minded and skeptical are horses of different colors.
Scepticism means you're not blindly accepting beliefs, it means having a curious mind, looking for the evidence, trying to find truth. Accepting beliefs without proof, or accepting beliefs because we do not have all the answers, is close mindedness.
Quote:
Is it because you know that there is no proof and therefore your vantage point will be vindicated and others will appear to be ridiculed? I don't know why you do what you do.
Your assumptions about someone else.
Quote:
I do know that there are many different beliefs that I have that are based in faith. And if someone wants to discuss those beliefs, I have no problem with that.
Well be free to do so. What do the signs mean? Kapitan and I already speculated about that..
Discussing beliefs also means questioning them. (same thing with Atlantis where I toyed with ideas)
Quote:
But when someone constantly wants proof of that which cannot be proven, I wonder why that person is truly on a spiritual forum.
Because finding the truth is a spiritual thing. What beliefs do I have to accept if I want to be here?
Quote:
No one else is required to believe this or to prove /disprove it to me. Because that is what FAITH/BELIEFS mean; that which cannot be proven.
Is it blasphemy to question a belief?
Quote:
So why do you insist on proof when none is available ?
Maybe there is! I will search for it - but unfortunately I have to read a lot for the coming week. But will see what I can catch..
Old 09-01-2011, 12:42 AM
Master
Debates they're interesting but lets get back on topic on what you guys think of these "predictions"....please....
Spiritlite.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:51 AM
Ciqala

In my opinion,
I think no one should worry about anything that does not come from their own intuition. There is no point in worrying about predictions or anything, no point in getting into prophecies, only what you know to be true in your own heart. If one really wants to know what the future holds, one should look inside for answers, not elsewhere, not the internet, not listening to anyone else's prophecies no matter how ancient it is.
Delving into predictions are interesting, intriguing at that, but they should not be delved in from a place of fear or seeking answers because of fear. None of these ancient prophecies came from a place of fear, it is the way people have twisted them about to be that creates them, and it is impossible for anyone to make sense of them accurately, one must be very careful to what they read or what other people make of it. It could be an interesting debate for sure, but any prediction of the future must not be taken seriously, unless it is your own.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:16 AM
Master
That's very true Ciqala, to use your own discernment, thankyou for pointing that out.
Spiritlite.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:14 AM
Ciqala

Of course. If you are interested in prophecies and predictions, you should check out Mary Summer Rains novel "Phoenix Rising" about predictions based on her old friend, a native medicine woman "No Eyes". I found it to be very interesting. "No Eyes" took her on journeys through time to see the future. Some of the predictions have creepily happened, some of them are quite unbelievable! :) In all, it's an interesting read.
Mary Summer Rain does not reveal the timeline of these events, mysteriously enough, because she states doing so will only bring about fear to people.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:31 AM
Master
Wow Ciqala can you share some of the true predictions that have come into being? I will have to check that book out, thankyou.
Spiritlite.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:49 AM
Ascender

I doubt the world will end perse, but as you say it will go through a period of purification. We have already seen this with the earthquakes, floods, etc. 2012 might signal the coming of the new age, not the end of the world.