Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 12-06-2014, 02:45 PM
Experiencer
Can birds communicate with you?

Crazy sounding question I know but I have always felt like birds were telling me something. When they whistle their melodies often sounds like certain words to me. For example today while I was working in the garden a bird chirped over and over again in the same melodies and it sounded like it was saying 86. I looked up what the number 86 could mean and of course it showed the obvious meaning like to ignore or end something but I'm not sure if there could be more to that number then just a slang way of talking. Another type of bird always sounds like it's saying my name but i'm sure it's just because it whistles the same amount of syllables that my name has. So, what is it that is exactly going on. Are they communicating or are they just whistling away and we humans interpret it in our own minds as something because it's a familiar sound? Do we hear what we want or is there a higher power trying to tell us something?
Old 12-06-2014, 02:53 PM
Mazulu

I know that birds like to use our cars for target practice.
Old 12-06-2014, 03:09 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazulu
I know that birds like to use our cars for target practice.

HA HA!! I know right!
Old 12-06-2014, 03:20 PM
elisi

all creatures can bring you messages. they do for me. i was sitting on the front steps feeling sad about missing my recently passed mom.

she loved hummingbirds (walela). as i was sitting there, a hummingbird flew right up in my face and hovered, tilting its little head this way and that. it stayed there for several seconds.

i knew she was telling me she's ok. they're also a symbol of joy.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:40 PM
Experiencer
Elisi,

I'm sorry for your loss. You experience sounds like a beautiful one. It seems your mom is doing just fine.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:43 PM
Knower
I'm dearly sorry to hear that your mother has passed, elisi, best wishes of happiness and light to you

And Emerald, all animals (as elisi has said) Have their ways of giving you messages. whether it be through their sweet songs, their reappearances in your life, or even doing something for you unexpectedly.

Some are trying to tell you something you NEED to hear that would help you on your journey or to answer a question you asked for. There are many books that tell you what these animals messages are and I can suggest some to you if you'd like to look into them.

My favorites are:

ANIMAL SPIRIT GUIDES: Easy to use handbook by Dr. Steven D. Farmer
and
Animal-Speak by Ted Andrews

On Amazon you can look into a couple of pages of those books
Old 12-06-2014, 07:45 PM
elisi

thank you guys. it's been 14 years.

she comes to me often in dreams. all is good.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:47 PM
Experiencer
Bunny Kay,

Thank you very much. I will be looking into these books. I know for a fact my animal spirit guide is a raven. I do see black birds allot lately but I can never tell if they are crows or ravens. Looking it up on Google didn't help to distinguish them either :( Ravens are just slightly bigger than crows so how can you really tell? Any ways thanks again!
Old 12-06-2014, 08:13 PM
elisi

bunny kay

i absolutely LOVE animal speaks. brilliant.
Old 12-06-2014, 09:27 PM
Badger1777

I don't think its just animals that can give us messages. Why would it be? Animals, like people, are just physicals manifestations of spirit, the same energy that everything alive is full of, and the same energy that permeates everything.

This is where I think some might think I'm crazy, but what I'm about to say is true.

I took on a piece of land a few years ago. A disused corner of a farm which I bought cheap because the farmer couldn't use his massive machines on it because of the shape of it.

At first, I had ideas about what to do with it that were based purely on theory. Yet no matter what I did, my efforts would promptly fail, and within a couple of weeks, sometimes less, the land would be back to its wild, neglected state. Then one day I went up on my own as none of my friends were available to lend a hand that day. I had a specific job in mind as I went there, but when I got there, I just felt I should do nothing but walk around the place. With the solitude, the clarity of mind that comes from not having other people talking and working next to you, I was feeling stuff. I felt like I was being judged. Very specifically, I felt like something was trying to decide if I was an acceptable care taker for the piece of land. After some time, I also started to get feelings, almost but not quite ideas, about what jobs to do. It was stuff that standard horticultural theory didn't really support. At one point the weirdest thing happened. Not quite a hallucination, but I saw the land as I wanted it (a wildflower meadow and wildlife haven), but the 'design' was quite different to what I had in mind. It featured flowers, but mostly not the species I'd had in mind, and of those that I had intended anyway, in this vision they were growing in completely different places to where I'd planned to put them. And they were thriving.

It was too much to take in in one go, but I started working with it. I get my helpers to come and lend a hand, but I make a point of going up on my own from time to time so I can get the next 'instruction'. The thing is its working. The bracken is dwindling, and the wild flowers are coming. Diversity is coming back nicely. Last time I was up there I was blown away by the sight of a huge bird of prey on there. I'm not knowledgeable in ornothology but I think it was a buzzard or a red kite.

I'm not trying to set myself up as some sort of legendary prophet or anything. I don't get words or anything, there is no feeling of a god or anything, it is just sort of essence of ideas, and it comes direct from the land.