Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 27-11-2012, 09:45 PM
Knower
Depiction Of Jesus

Modern day images of Jesus show him as a longed hair, bearded man, that looks some what ancient in appearance. This in fact maybe a result of the cultural, religious and political changes that occurred throughout the centuries following his death.

Early depictions of Jesus, from 1st Century roman art, show Jesus to be a young, baby faced man, with curly hair. It also depicts him performing miracles with a wand or long stick.

The common image of Jesus is the Turin Shroud who's authenticity is in question, and possibility a medieval fake.

Would not it be more wise to except an image closer to the time he walked the earth, instead of this image many Christians have of him, which were drawn much later in history?
Old 27-11-2012, 10:00 PM
Master
since there are no contemporary images of Yeshua available i see no reason to have my Jesus concept conform any of the conceptualizations offered.

my Jesus concept wears shabby ripped jeans and a white t-shirt and has a homely mutt dog named Murry.
Old 27-11-2012, 10:06 PM
Bluegreen

http://labofevolution.wordpress.com/2011/09/10/836/

Quote:
‘A physical description of Jesus’

‘Few people are aware that in the archives of Rome there is a physical description of Jesus. It is contained in a report written during Jesus’ lifetime by a Roman, Publius Lentulus, to the Emperor Tiberias. It reads as follows:

‘There has appeared in Palestine a man who is still living and whose power is extraordinary. He has the title given him of Great Prophet; his disciples call him the Son of God. He raises the dead and heals all sorts of diseases.
He is a tall, well-proportioned man, and there is an air of severity in his countenance which at once attracts the love and reverence of those who see him. His hair is the color of new wine from the roots to the ears, and thence to the shoulders it is curled and falls down to the lowest part of them. Upon the forehead, it parts in two after the manner of Nazarenes.
His forehead is flat and fair, his face without blemish or defect, and adorned with a graceful expression. His nose and mouth are very well proportioned, his beard is thick and the color of his hair. His eyes are grey and extremely lively.
In his reproofs, he is terrible, but in his exhortations and instructions, amiable and courteous. There is something wonderfully charming in this face with a mixture of gravity. He is never seen to laugh, but has been observed to weep [Cayce tells us Jesus did laugh and quite often]. He is very straight in stature, his hands large and spreading, his arms are very beautiful. He taks little, but with a great quality, and is the handsomest man in the world.’

The above description agrees with the one contained in the Cayce Readings:
Old 27-11-2012, 10:10 PM
Master
My concept of so called Jesus is myself, its my story of my life of my realization, of my resurrection into my Oneness, the Oneness of realizing I am the Christ, so this idea of Jesus has many faces, as god has many names.
Old 27-11-2012, 10:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegreen

he sounds really cool looking but a brief googling for "Lentulus" reveals that the authenticity of the letter appears to be questionable. not that matters, really. if you like description and accuracy isn't an issue (and how can it be?) then it's a fine description.
Old 27-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
My concept of so called Jesus is myself, its my story of my life of my realization, of my resurrection into my Oneness, the Oneness of realizing I am the Christ, so this idea of Jesus has many faces, as god has many names.

7 billion human faces and counting.
Old 27-11-2012, 10:29 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
he sounds really cool looking but a brief googling for "Lentulus" reveals that the authenticity of the letter appears to be questionable. not that matters, really. if you like description and accuracy isn't an issue (and how can it be?) then it's a fine description.

Whether it is questionable or not, the description is much like Cayce's who also said that the Vatican has a description of the man Jesus. It is not really important.
Old 27-11-2012, 10:56 PM
Experiencer
That a Galilean Jew would have been clean-shaven in the first century is somewhat unlikely. The probability is that the clean-shaven Jesus seen in the Roman catacombs is a version created by Gentile Christians.

Not that that's a bad thing.
that which is within you will destroy you."

- The Gospel of Thomas (70)

http://pathstoknowledge.com
Old 28-11-2012, 01:17 AM
Master

I think it would be cool if Jesus was actually a short, thick, bald guy. Carpenters can be stout, and men can lose their hair at 18.
Old 28-11-2012, 02:02 AM
Master
This picture is what they believe would be closer to what a man back then, being Jesus or whoever would look more like.